Well then

Discussion in 'Farewells' started by Mellow, Jul 30, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mellow

Mellow Taking it easy VIP

Hey everyone. Mellow here. I'm not good with words and I'm quite emotional right now because I know for a fact this was a major decision to make so not quite sure where to begin but I'll just start with the reason why I resigned. I've always strived to improve SGM and I have always tried my hardest and put this community before myself to make sure everything runs smoothly and everyone stays happy. Of course, this isn't always a realistic goal as you'll be making decisions that will upset someone in the end and you can't help it, but I tried. Eventually it just got to the point where I felt like what I do became a chore. I struggled a lot more than I want to admit to find the effort of going through reports. I begun to play less and I started to sit more often in spectator to deal with reports and do whatever else in the background than actually play the game and participate in it actively. This is when I realised that I may be burning out. I tried to set myself new in-game goals to find the spark again but it wasn't enough to keep myself entertained or motivated and things went back to sitting in spectator rather quickly. On top of of this I felt like I couldn't live out my role the way I imagined it. Lead admin isn't just "decide here and there a bit", it's a lot more than that and that showed. However it got to the point where I got frustrated with decisions that were made because other people didn't want to cooperate or things weren't handled appropriately because people refused to move out of their own personal comfort zone. This isn't related to the current report situation (while I do agree all the reports should be invalid), I'm not taking jabs at anyone directly and I'm not saying my sides are flawless or that my decisionmaking was flawless, of course not, everyone makes mistakes. I'd just get frustrated that sometimes people wouldn't take a step back and listen to other approaches. This was just a minor reason regarding to why I resigned and it was mostly me losing my interest in TTT.

tl;dr I was burnt out from staffing and lost my interest in TTT and on top of that it was difficult to get things rolling.

I'll just get to the tags now as usual.

@Doben @Noob999 @JackThePumpkin @Dark of Dutch - This is where everything started. I enjoyed all the games we've played together, all the TS chats and just generally everything. You guys were great to be around and still are.

@Solar @Noob999 @andrewca79 @Dwardu - The admins of #TeamSerene. You guys made me proud and I'm glad I picked (and had you under me in Solar's case) as admins under me. Thanks for proving everyone what you guys are capable of.

@Doben - I know nowadays things are different. We aren't close anymore and things changed, but I still appreciate everything. From talking to you and hearing your opinion on staff matters to even being picked up by you. Thanks to you I got to lead admin. You'll always be a good friend of mine even if things changed. I'm sorry that we got out of touch.

@Opalium - You're such a great guy. You've helped me with so many things, whether it was helping me with staff related matters or even other matters like recently, I'm insanely grateful for everything you've done to me. I'm glad to know that I made you proud and that I could fulfill my promises and replace you and do well. It's good to see that you're filling my position for now because I know you're a great lead admin. Thanks for giving me a shot at admin. Thanks for everything.

@Destiny Blade - That guy that always changes his name. Your heart is at the right spot and you're a good guy. I'll never forget what you've done for me and how much you've helped me out and all the games we've played together, especially PUBG. So many funny moments, I hope we'll stay in touch. Never change my dude, you're unique.

@Dark of Dutch - You're also a really great guy. You're very funny and I enjoyed every moment in games with you. Meeting you would be cool like we kind of planned before for the Gamescom, maybe I'll make it. Never change either, you're a legend and hella fun to be around.

@Carned @Jässa - Might as well do you two together because the tag would be similar for you two. You're outspoken guys and that's what I respect. You never gave up even when everyone else seemed to oppose you guys (even though things did get too far a few times Kappa).

@Haruka Suenaga - You're really funny, trust me. Never change. Shame I haven't been around you too much recently.

@Timo654 - You were toxic, I took the chance and picked you up anyhow and you proved to me that you are a good staff.

@Graze - Thanks for all the talks and being the caring guy that you are. I'm glad I picked you up again. I don't have much to say other than thank you.

@xndy. - If you ever get to read this, you're a real friend.

@Charlotte - You're a bean but you're a cute bean and I love you lots. Thanks for everything ♥

@DieKasta - You're a good lead admin. Make sure to take good care of my EU boys (and Night boy).

@HelixSpiral - You were one of the most reasonable staff that we had. Your promotion to admin was quick and honestly? It was more than deserved.

@Agent A - We always spoke a lot and you saw me rise through the ranks but that didn't stop us from discussing things a lot. You've always been a reasonable guy and we thought alike a lot and I appreciate that.

@Pacifist - I remember our talks and they were both funny and yet serious at the same time. I miss them to be honest.

@Rhienor - You're hilarious, don't change.

And thanks to all the other people that made my stay a lot more enjoyable but I can't type a text for because I can't think of this many texts: @Lamb @JackThePumpkin @Smusha @Juissi :D @MiGGo @Rauno @That Smooth Frosty Scooty Blade @nilz @Tankor Of Finland @Sleepy @Lex @zomborg @TheDoctor094 @Acnologia @Senpai Reich @Theinkern @Atlas @Panda With a Gun @StarGazingNight @Peach @Chris. @luna♥ @Pacifist @Ace-Hardlight @loon tink
    I'm sure I forgot a lot of people so I'm sorry if you're not on this list.

Overall I rose through the ranks quickly and I feel as if I did my job properly. I'm not leaving the community and you'll still see me around, but for now, not as a staff.

Thank you everyone.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2017
    • Friendly x 47
    • Winner x 5
    • Informative x 2
    • Like x 1
    • Agree x 1
    • Useful x 1
    • Old x 1
  2. Rhienor

Rhienor Integrity VIP

The truest friend I'll ever have from SGM, helped me through tough times.
    Like a brother to me.

• Friendly Friendly x 5
  3. n0blerone

n0blerone VIP

I'll miss you mellow.

My #mellowforlead spam worked, i knew you would achieve this :)

The best eu leadmin ever <3

Farewell.

no tag smh nvm im just retarded

Last edited: Jul 30, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. Carned

Carned ✘o ✘o VIP Silver Emerald

Sorry to see such a great loss to the staff team but that what happens when all your great ideas are pacified by people who are close minded and stuck in their ways.

Man, I've had that on pastebin since we spoke.

Time to move forward Mr.Mellow.

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. CorallocinB

CorallocinB Animeme lord VIP Silver Emerald

Talked in dms, you did what you could thanks for your hard work.

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  6. zomborg

zomborg "She's like a little Satan." - CDriscoll 2015 VIP

I'll always be so proud of you. You're nothing but exemplary.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. Grace

Grace 真夜中 VIP Silver

From the day that I met you, I knew that you were a unique character and I'd never met anyone like you.
    I knew that you'd get to admin, and from then on I knew you'd make it all the way to lead, and look at you now.
    I'm proud of all that you've done and how far you've come. You're an inspiration to many.
    Keep on going, you're great. :love:

fiatre

• Friendly Friendly x 3
  8. Teroxa

Teroxa Vier Fäuste für ein Halleluja VIP Silver

Live long and prosper.

Farewell, my friend.

EDIT: I'm lucky that I got to be one of the last T-Mods under you. It's a great honor.

Ich hoffe auf darauf, dich mal irgendwann wieder bei SGM begrüßen zu dürfen.
    Du bist hier immer Wilkommen, Landsmann.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  9. Timo654

Timo654 EU BEST VIP Silver

baibai my leadmin

and yay another tag

ty for picking me up btw

fiatre

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  10. dazza

dazza Banned VIP Bronze

too many words , il just press ctrl+f and type my name

yep not tagged *closes tab*

was nice to be under you mellow, im glad you gave me a chance and i thank you again

hope to keep in contact with you, you are a great guy and i wish you good luck in whatever you do from now on

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  11. Adrian Shephard

Adrian Shephard VIP Silver

i have the reason of resign ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    but cuz he is my friend i won't post it
    f mellow best lead

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  12. Alpha Wolfy

Alpha Wolfy Nocturnal VIP

Thanks for the effort in trying to get your ideals passed on to the community, despite some opposition. You'll be dearly missed.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  13. User12510

User12510 Member

Thanks a bunch for picking up @Dwardu since I obviously wouldn't be staff without him.

Other than that im sure we"ll see you around on nep or csgo :p

Take it easy.

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  14. Xproplayer

Xproplayer VIP Silver

I never knew you much until you got admin or even lead, but you were one of the good ones

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
  15. JackThePumpkin

JackThePumpkin VIP Bronze

+1 to your mod app my dude, take care.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  16. Ichikunjii

Ichikunjii Vous avez changé VIP Iron

Will we still be able to talk about CS? :c

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Dark of Dutch

Dark of Dutch The Dutchiest Dutch of all the Dutch VIP Bronze

You'll be missed my friend. You were a great mod,admin and lead admin. Before they promoted you to admin I already told you that you were gonna be lead once, and look what happend :p I'm sorry to see you go but make sure you'll stay in touch on the forums and ts ;)
    I will keep in touch about Gamescom :p

Mellow will get mod= check
    Mellow will get admin= check
    Mellow will get lead any time soon= check

Mellow for owner= Rip

Take care man!

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Skyrossm

Skyrossm Ideal Female Moderator? VIP Emerald Bronze

At least I got mentioned somewhere :p

Good job on being one of the fastest people to get lead (jeeze) and you did great as a staff member, everyone enjoys it but it's hard to keep that fire lit for a long time.

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  19. Scotty

Scotty Heroes come and go, but legends are forever. VIP Bronze

Alright listen here you.

The day I got mod you got tmod. I knew you had something in you that i didnt see in the others. I saw you rise through the ranks of mod to admin to lead admin. I was there for all of them. Until this day I wondered why I was always there for yours and I figured it out very simply and it boggled my mind for the time you were here. Its because I had a connection with you that no one else could duplicate, not even come close to it. I will be in touch with you, whether it be here, steam, snapchat, facebook, hell even myspace. There have been times where we have drug each other out of the dirt whether you realize it or not. I had thoughts on leaving earlier but then you showed me a server that you were on and made me feel like I had someone to interact with. I will not be leaving this team any time soon. Still kinda mad that you picked Solars team over Cafe but thats besides the point. Just do somethings for me; Keep some bread in the pantry, milk in the fridge, and stay the way you are. The way you are is simply put, an inspiration to us all.

Take Care Mellow!

• Friendly Friendly x 4
  20. andrewca79

andrewca79 Malteser Forever VIP Silver

Strange not seeing you as staff anymore. You were a great admin/lead to me and this community and will always be a great friend. Take care.

• Friendly Friendly x 3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.