Weapons for future consideration

Discussion in 'Weapons' started by Larryguy, Jan 17, 2014.

1. Larryguy

Larryguy New Member

Now, before anyone jumps on my case about how weapons were just added, this is for the future batches of weapons that get added to server from the M9K weapon pack.
    BY NO MEANS DO I INTEND TO MAKE MY SUGGESTIONS THE ONLY ONES. If you guys have any suggestions or want to offer support for things you feel interesting, feel free to add it so that they can get a real feel for what the community wants in the next batch of weapons added.

GENERAL WEAPONS(F3 shop/Map spawns)

Snipers:
    PSG1
    Remmington 7615P
    M24

Why:
    Snipers don't have much variety. You have your Barret, Scout, and AWP, all of which are bolt action and do 50 damage to the chest.(someone correct me on the Scout, I don't use it enough to be able to confirm 50 damage) Then you have your HK SL8, which is rapid fire and does lower damage than the other rifles, but isn't as accurate(in my opinion, that is. I've missed headshots on still targets when my aim was dead on) as the others. Adding in these new rifles would offer a chance to broaden the range of snipers available to non-T's since Detectives and Traitors both get role-specific snipers.

Balance issues:
    Testing these out, the only real issue I see is that the PSG is basically spammable. I'm no pro with coding, but seeing as the Dragunov had it's fire rate dropped, you could do the same for the PSG(although perhaps not as much) and drop the damage to 35 or 40 damage to the chest and 1 hit to the head to compensate for it's fire rate.
    The M24 and Remmington both are fine in regards to fire rate, but if possible adding these two would allow for more experimentation with sniper damage. It could give a chance to test what type of damage would be "too extreme" for a chest shot(anything over 80 I imagine) and could lead to tweaking the allotted damage given to current snipers.(Because let's be honest. The Barret is 125 or 150 points in the F3 shop, yet does the same amount of damage as the AWP and scout. It would make sniping more rewarding for snipers and more dangerous for targets if the snipers had a variety of damage, like the assault rifles/SMGs/pistols do)
    _________________________________________________________________________________________
    Shotguns:
    Winchester 1897
    Ithica M37

Why
    Partly the same reason as the snipers: to add variety. But also(again, not a pro at coding. Not sure how this would work) it could give a chance to work on the "shitboxes" that run rampant with shotguns(atleast they run rampant with shotguns on East). The Double Barrel I've noticed, hardly gets any shitboxes. I'm not sure if that's just from the amount of pellets it shoots(looks to be more than the Mossberg or normal shotgun) or if it's just because of the way it is, but adding a variety of shotguns could give more of a chance for shotguns to be more reliable, instead of the gamble they seem to be now.

Balance Issues:
    Both shotguns have a fairly normal fire rate, with damage being the only thing I can see needing to be tweaked. But again, this would allow a variety of damage values across shotguns.
    _________________________________________________________________________________________
    Submachineguns:
    Magpul PDR

Why:
    I just really enjoy the way the gun looks and sounds. SMGs really arent an issue on this server, there's a good variety among them, so this would simply be for asthetic value.

Balance Issues:
    None that I can see.
    Assault Rifles:
    AUG Replacement
    FAMAS Replacement
    L85 OR G36C addition

Why:
    The current variety of Assault Rifles is quite nice, with a few that are a tad underpowered and relitavely useless, hence the request for the AUG and FAMAS replacements. In my opinion, the AUG and FAMAS tend to seem really useless unless you land every shot in the upper chest/head region and it's basically like throwing rocks at the person compared to their AK47, HK16, ACR, or even Mac10. So if possible, remove the current Counter-Strike versions of the AUG and FAMAS and replace them with the M9K versions of them. And the L85 and G36C are both great guns, and since there's plenty of assault rifles on the server, either one of those could be nice, while adding both would not be needed unless by player request.

Balance Issues:
    Again, I can't imagine many happening aside from the AUG and FAMAS replacements being too overpowered and turning into 2-3 hit kill weapons like in MW2.
    DETECTIVE ONLY:
    Machete
    Matador

Why:
    The whole reason I look at it like this is simple: The Traitors get these types of weapons, the Detectives should get something like it as well.

Balance Issues:
    Machete is not a 1 swipe kill unless you get the insta-knife, but if you throw it and it hits the person from behind then it is insta-kill. Matador only has two rockets, takes a few seconds to reload, and does about the same damage as a thrown Frag or "Wrong Wire" disarmed C4. By that, I mean it will kill the person basically ontop of the explosion and those very close to it, but everyone else in the vicinity will not be insta-killed. Also has a push effect similar to a discombob for everyone not killed by the explosion. Also, make it so that it has to travel "X" amount of units before it is armed(if possible) to prevent people from just running up to a group and shooting it at the ground to cause instant death with no warning.
    TRAITOR ONLY:
    IED Detonator
    RPG-7
    SPAS-12

Why:
    The RPG is where the whole "Traitors get it, detectives should get it as well" mindset from the Detectives section comes from. But I can imagine that having traitors running around with the possibility of pulling an RPG out would add a whole new level of mistrust to the game and whatnot.
    The IED Detonator would give the traitors a new way of causing chaos. Someone could be walking past a pile of boxes, yet the one little IED sticks out but they dont notice it and boom. It would cause as much chaos as C4, with the instant gratification of the Jihad.
    The SPAS is similar to the RPG. The detectives get the Jackhammer, so the traitors ought to get a shotgun as well. Giving them a USAS or Striker would cause too much chaos, so dropping it to a semi-automatic shotgun with a high fire rate would be just as well.

Balance Issues:
    This is probably where most of the balance issues would come from and have alot of this giving the traitors an extremely unfair advantage. However, it would be easily rectified.
    RPG-All balance issues from the Detective's Matador would apply to the RPG as well.(2 rockets, same damage, has to travel to arm, etc)
    IED Detonator- It could be given a slightly bigger explosion radius than the trip mine, to keep it deadly but not overpowered. And because it's possible to throw it and detonate it right after, make it so it has an arming time similar to grenades, in the sense that it has 7-8 seconds before you can pull the trigger and blow it. Also if possible, add a 1-4 second delay between the trigger pull and the explosion, that way it has to be timed and the traitor runs the risk of getting caught while timing it.
    SPAS- Drop the fire rate and damage to being just slightly higher than the basic Shotgun. That way, it's not shooting faster/as fast as the Jackhammer, but it's still formidible.

Now, I know some of these things probably arent going to happen because just "what."(RPG/Matador/Machete) and others may be difficult to implement and may not be added for that reason(IED Detonator), but these are just some ideas I had after messing around with the M9k pack in Sandbox mode. And again, this is more just a baseline of things I feel would be awesome and totally fun to add in future batches, feel free to offer your suggestions to what you'd want to see.
    Final note:
    I do not expect to see all of these added in one go. I imagine each weapons release comes in batches of 3 or so as that's what the current trend seems to be.(Galil, Double Barrel, forgot the third. SR-3M Vikhir, Honey Badger, KAC PDW.)

2. DocFox

DocFox The Best Is Yet To Come VIP Silver Emerald

If you want to suggest these, at least add download links!

3. Shinigami

Shinigami Active Member

those are all the m9k weapons that are already being used in the server.
    Also those explosive weapons are too overpowered and will cause lots of rdm.

4. DocFox

DocFox The Best Is Yet To Come VIP Silver Emerald

I think one of the biggest reasons that our server is popular is the fast download. Even though it is a one time thing, too many downloads may deter new players from staying through a download process. Maybe just a few of these may be a good idea

5. The Law

The Law You fought the law and the law won. VIP Silver Emerald

The more weapons the better I say, just add them gradually to keep the game fresh.

6. Enigmatica

Enigmatica The Song Lives On Banned

Weapons are actually quite a small download. It's the maps and player models that are huge.

7. Larryguy

Larryguy New Member

Like Shini said, all are from the M9K pack, which a majority of the custom weapons are from.
    Yeah, that's why I added towards the end they may not be added, but it would be pretty interesting to see them added!

In regards to the question of downloads, it may be solvable by adding a "rotation" to keep it fresh. Like, after each month a poll can be posted on forums to see which 3 guns or something should be removed due to low use(such as the tec-9, Mp5, and FAMAS) and replaced with a random 3 chosen by the admins or something. That way it doesnt change the number of guns on the server and keeps the download number the same.

8. KING_HOBO

KING_HOBO Regular Member

+1 on psg1