Weapon Upgrades

Discussion in 'TTT Suggestions' started by Carned, May 26, 2014.

1. Silent Rebel

Silent Rebel Lead Shitposter VIP

No, unfair.

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. Tom Hanks

Tom Hanks Active Member

Look at it like this. In an average economy the more money you have the better "things" you can buy. You can call it unfair, but I doubt the government (The Staff) will be giving us free points anytime soon because others have more than us.

+1 from me.

3. ThatBox

ThatBox Not this box, that one. VIP

In the real world, many people have an unfair advantage over each other. This is a game, real life analogies should never apply to a game unless that particular game is attempting to be dedicated to realism. SeriousTTT is not a place dedicated to realism, despite having a small realistic aspect. A functioning fair economy is what is needed, not one where the rich always will do better than the poor. At least, in my opinion.

Weapon upgrades simply cause advantages to OP weapons making them even more OP and give the disadvantage to the newer players.

4. Enigmatica

Enigmatica The Song Lives On Banned

Why don't we make them tradeoffs? You go down an upgrade tree path.

Examples:

AK47 - increase mag size by 50% (45 clipsize), but also increase reload time by 40%, the clip size increase comes in 10% intervals to make it a 5-upgrade purchase.
    --OR--
    AK47 - decrease reload speed by 40%, but also decrease clipsize by 10 (33%). Also comes in 5 upgrades so each level decreases reload by 8% and clipsize by 2.

HKSL8 - increase rate of fire by 100%, but also decrease damage by 40%, comes in 5 upgrades for 20% rof increase and 8% damage decrease
    --OR--
    HLSL8 - increase damage by 60%, but increase recoil by 60%, comes in 5 upgrade levels.

etc

• Winner Winner x 5
  5. Tom Hanks

Tom Hanks Active Member

That might, just, work.

6. megaboy

megaboy I got this game for Fathers day VIP

Nuff said. I think we all may come to an agreement as long as there are some setbacks for these upgrades.

7. ThatBox

ThatBox Not this box, that one. VIP

@Event Horizon
    That's actually a great idea, just needs to be tested on how it would work in practice.

8. I like Event Horizon's idea

Last edited: May 28, 2014
  9. Killamarshall

Killamarshall Hmm... interesting.. Smite anyone?? VIP

Just saying so you don't get slapped with a warning. There is am EDIT button to your posts, use it rather than posting 3 messages

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1