Weapon Upgrades

Discussion in 'TTT Suggestions' started by Carned, May 26, 2014.

1. Carned

Carned ✘o ✘o VIP Silver Emerald

So M9K recently updated to allow the modification of clip sizes and total amount of ammo held by the player.

I feel that for a price dependent on the weapons popularity and power we could have upgrades for this.

Example -

AK47 (Current 30 round clip) 5000 Points - 45 round clip. 10000 points - 90 pickupable bullets instead of current 60

AK47 Reload time tiny decrease - 15,000

AK47 switch out time (not sure if posibble) 5000

The prices of these would depend on the power and current reload times of certain weapons.

Also we could charge for modifications to the guns like Red Dots and Underbarrels seen on this link below
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=143193342

Personally i'd rather the Clip sizes ahead of attachments, however it would give people more to spend points on, especially players who enjoy a certain gun.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Disagree Disagree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  2. Husky

Husky Euthanasia VIP Silver

-1 Gives massive advantage to players who cannot afford the upgrades.

• Like Like x 2
    • Dumb Dumb x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  3. Carned

But doesn't Death station heal? and Triple poon? And EVERY other upgrade

4. Husky

Husky Euthanasia VIP Silver

The triple poon still misses and you can easily spot a death station by shooting it. The clip size is accessible to everyone, t or not. And if it is a one shot weapon such as a the HK Sl8, then the player, like me for example, could kill half the server in a clip.

• Dumb Dumb x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  5. Carned

The ability to heal off your own death station isn't an advantage over other players? Nah of course not.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Talck

Talck Active Member

I like it i would max out the winchester +1 and it would it would make the db under powered

7. AnarkisT

AnarkisT ★ No Gods, No Masters. ★ VIP Silver Emerald

+1

8. ThatBox

ThatBox Not this box, that one. VIP

-1 It just makes it harder for players to compete with each other if points could mean a difference in the kill.

9. ChibiBear

ChibiBear VIP

-1 takes away the challenge one way or the other

10. Snak

Snak Banned

+1 because you give me more ammo in my AK and I have a lot more fun. And these upgrades seem reasonable, its not like its super over powered and cost a fair amount.

11. ZeRo

ZeRo :sneaky: Banned VIP Silver

It's not like points are exclusive to people who donate.... and if that's the case, then what could you say about people who have instaknife or the DS Heal?

Personally, I'm all for more upgrades to my favorite AK47. Add more variety to the guns. The sights seem pointless since the ADS (for non-sniper guns) is pretty bad. However, more ammo clips are a plus for me. It also gives people more reason to use points. :)

+1

12. -1 I remember this getting denied when Braeden suggested for "Attachments and Upgrades" and also its unfair for the new players.

13. ThatBox

ThatBox Not this box, that one. VIP

@Guilty-Crown, I never said points were exclusive to donators.

But it would benefit those who are veterans and good at the game. The only way new and bad players get points are from playing on the server, not lottery(very rare to win unless you have a plethora of points) or fun rounds.

The good and veteran players will have a better chance to upgrade and make it even easier to kill people. The game is fine now and gun upgrades just make OP weapons like the AK and DB more OP, but only for those with points.

Last edited: May 26, 2014
  14. The Law

The Law You fought the law and the law won. VIP Silver Emerald

+1 I like the idea of having some gun specific upgrades.

15. NeverEnding

NeverEnding It's Never going to end. Trust me on this. VIP

I really do not know how to rate this, so i'm just going to say 0 first.

CONS.
    First of all, AK47 is already a good weapon (22 bodyshot, 59 headshot) i know it's just a example so do not quote about this.

secondly, the upgrade for less reload size is ridiculous, a example would be dB, if a person need that short reload time, it would be back to overpowered.

PROS
    Having a huge upgrade clip size sound nice.

16. Dexter

Dexter SGM's Resident Former Rage Mod VIP Emerald

Death Station Healing and Harpoon Upgrades are T-Specific Upgrades, not for everyone at one time. You can't be a T EVERY SINGLE ROUND...well...if of course you are a veteran player whose has racked up a few thousand points. You seem as if getting DS Upgrades and 3x Poon upgrades makes a T Highly OP, it doesn't.

Weapon Specific Upgrades like the AK can be for EVERYONE, not just T, or D, or Inno. I could use it on my T round, if I want to be a Detective (which I don't), and when I'm Innocent. Of course it wouldn't be a disadvantage for newer players that can't afford the upgrades.

17. Carned

Every upgrade in the game gives an advantage to veteran players, hence the term UPGRADE.

18. Dexter

Dexter SGM's Resident Former Rage Mod VIP Emerald

I know, but only 2 are Weapon Upgrades, 3x Harpoon and Silent Instant-Knife, they're pretty good but you can only get 3 kills, if you are lucky, with the 3x Harpoon, and I haven't used the knife, but I believe its one-time use, unless this server makes it able to be used more than once. The vast majority of the others are Tool Upgrades, one of them you heal faster at a D's Health Station, the other allow you to be healed by a DS, if you're a T.

What I'm trying to say is if a Weapon Upgrade for a weapon that can be used by everyone is put it, unless it can be upgraded with fewer points than a 3x Poon and Instant Knife or if the stats aren't to big, it shouldn't be put in. If its all balanced out like that, I'm find with it.

20. I think having more ammo as an upgrade would be really nice. A slight damage boost or reduce recoil would be really helpful to unskilled veterans like me. Leveling the plain fields abit.

Ooh! i have an idea! How about the upgrade are usable for one round like, 500 points to reduce recoil? And its once per map thing like buying T or D rounds.