Weapon Balance on Vanilla Servers

Discussion in 'Weapons' started by [Fee], Jul 9, 2017.

?

In your opinion - should weapons be balanced as I suggested?

1. Yes, I agree. All weapons you listen above should be put in consideration on balancing.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Yes, I agree, but not all of these weapons should be balanced. Some of them listen above are okay.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. No, I disagree. Weapons are in a fine shape now, and they should not be changed.

3 vote(s)
    100.0%
  1. [Fee]

[Fee] Supporter

Hello there, this is my first post by the way, so sorry if there is something not quite right about it!

Have you ever felt like some vanilla TTT weapons are too much overpowered, and some are just bad?
    Did you notice, that majority of players tend to use shotgun instead of M16 or MAC?
    Do you think that HUGE, a weapon that looks devastating and awesome, is just horrible in most of situations?

Because I do.

I've noticed a lot of people actually agreed with me, not only within this community, but over other servers too.
    What I mean is - TTT weapons were not designed carefully and fairly. It is quite obvious, that shotgun is most of the times (if not always) the best pick.
    I have over 1100 hours spent on a single gamemode, that is TTT, so these words do not come from the mouth of newbie to this thing.

So... what makes it this way? Here is what:

• Shotgun is currently spammable, fast reloading, and deadly weapon. It kills instantly if aimed for head, and not just for the head, body too, if you're close enough. If that wasn't enough, it's even better mid-range than HUGE, or sometimes M16.
    • M16 lacks shotting speed. It is quite good, it's not worst weapon, but it could surely use some buffs in that aspect. Also, recoil on this weapon is stupidly high.
    • HUGE is basically a heavy artillery weapon, thought... it doesn't behave like one. Recoil on this thing is dumb, and I think that's biggest problem of this weapon. Damage could also use a bit of improvement.

So here is what i think is the problem here. Some weapons are too good, some are just too bad. Because tell me, why would a small SMG be any better in most cases than a HEAVY AUTOMATIC RIFLE.

I know I know, this is Vanilla server, so any changes to the game just makes it less vanilla. But why then we have this overpowered AK-47 thing? Maybe not "we", but users who paid money. Don't backlash me with an argument like "They support the server, so they deserve something". Yeah sure, they do, I apprecieate that some people willingly pay their money to make servers last longer. But does that mean that they should get an overpowered, high damage dealing rifle?

AK-47 is by majority of people considered "too powerful". Of course, people who got it on their own cannot complain, because they have access to it. Let me tell you why they think AK-47 could use some nerfs:

• M16 is what AK-47 should be. AK-47 should have big recoil in exchange for damage. Now you may say "But that's exactly what it is right now". Well yes, you are right, but the recoil on this thing is still comparable to recoil of M16, and damage output is too damn high.

"Hey, you talk too much, and yet we didn't hear any change suggestions". Now, I've been testing some possible balance changes for these weapons, and I came up with these ideas:

Shotgun:

• Lower the magazine from 8 bullets to 6;
    • Increase the primary delay to somewhere around 1.1 - 1.2 seconds;
    • Lower the maximum ammount of ammunition carried from 24 to 18;

M16:

• Change the primary delay to somewhere around 0.165 seconds;
    • Change the primary recoil to somewhere around 1.4 units;
    • Change the primary damage to somewhere around 18 damage;
    • Change the primary cone to somewhere around 0.015 units;
    HUGE:
    • Change the primary delay to somewhere around 0.08 seconds;
    • Change the primary recoil to somewhere around 1.1 units;
    • Change the primary damage to somewhere around 7 damage;
    • Change the primary cone to somewhere around 0.03 units;
    • Lower the ammount of ammunition on this weapon from 150 to 120;
    MAC10:
    • Change the primary recoil to somewhere around 1.2 units;
    AK-47:
    • Now with this weapon I didn't really do any tweaks, due not having an opportunity to, but from what I've seen, this weapon could use a slightly less shotting speed and higher recoil. Much higher recoil.

What could such changes bring into TTT?

• Shotgun would be less spammable, due lowered magazine and increased delay. Instead of idly shooting targets, shotgun would require a player to actually plan things out. It also gives other players chance to defend themselves.
      • M16 would feel much more like an actuall M16. With higher fire speed and lower recoil and spread, this would actually turn this weapon into mid-range dominator. Damage has been reduced, to not make this weapon an another AK-47.
      • HUGE would be actually back in the game. It has bigger delay between shots, and less ammunition inside, but in exchange for low recoil and spread. Damage has been modified as well. This weapon could be finally used not only against someone standing directly in front of us, but also in short and mid-range.
      • MAC10 would not recieve much changes, but due to it's high killing properties, recoil could be slightly higher, to actually behave like real uzi.
    Of course, all of these numbers are to be considered. I had no chance to test them with other players, but I think I got them better than they are now. Keep in mind this is only a SUGGESTION. I hope that this post will be put under consideration, as it could be revolutionary to the server as to the TTT itself. I also hope that you guys will share your opinion on this thing.

Thank your if you made it so far to see this message.

//EDIT 1: Also forgive me for all grammar mistakes and such, English is not my primary language, i tried my best, but you'll still be able to understand I hope!

• Optimistic Optimistic x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. Problem is that the weapon balance team is slower than my grandma going to the shop so these changes will probably never get added unfortunely

3. CorallocinB

CorallocinB Animeme lord VIP Silver Emerald

I'll give you credit, you've put the most effort into a weapon balance thread than anyone else that suggested a nerf or buff for a weapon.

But Im not gonna stand by and watch every gun be made into the same, be more lame, or try to resemble the real thing. HMU when you suggest new weapons.

• Dumb Dumb x 1
  4. BorkWoof

BorkWoof VIP

hes not gonna gut the weapons wtf

I don't see how making the shotgun less spammy will make it "a reskin" or "lame" I also don't see how you can suggest new weapons on a "vanilla" server

Last edited: Jul 9, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1