Warning for certain T weps

Discussion in 'Rules and Protocol' started by Python~, Feb 27, 2017.

1. Python~

Python~ Young Bard VIP Silver Emerald

We had a discussion in SB, and obviously some mods are confused as to what constitutes RDM with T weps

We've never had to warn for Tear Gas before, as it doesn't cause damage, simply disorients, but since the new weapons came out, there is now a rule to warn for nearly every T weapon there is.

The point of warning is to prevent RDMing, so what's the point of warning for something that does no damage and can't be used to have a T buddy take damage?

These weps that now require a warning that don't need one are the Silencer Nade and Tear Gas (maybe even Death Stations)

The rule:

2. DocFox

DocFox The Best Is Yet To Come VIP Silver Emerald

We are currently looking into this issue.

3. neutral

neutral Banned VIP

Also to include- I think there needs to be a minimal time before action for warnings to allow traitors to get away.

We allow 5 seconds between kills for "confusion" in shootouts- I think 5 seconds between warning, and the action would serve as a suitable time limit. This may ruin the opportunity to attack the inno- but it's better than warnings that are essentially useless and kills a T-buddy.

4. DocFox

DocFox The Best Is Yet To Come VIP Silver Emerald

The issue for this would be tracking it.

With the grace period, we have a clear cut log for ID to kill time, but not for warnings.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Emily❤

Emily❤ The strongest light is the one within VIP Silver Emerald

This only comes if the death station is to be used right after being deployed like throwing it into a crowd and then 2 sec later detonate it because it would then be like a nade that it must give time for Ts to get away before the explosion comes but to drop it in hope someone will use it later does not need a warning.

6. Highwon

Highwon Owner VIP Silver

I agree that The Silencer and Tear gas shouldn't need a warning. We generally want to warn for things that would cause immediate death to your traitor buddies. If your traitor buddy gets silenced, he can just leave the area.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. john redcorn

john redcorn strangers like me VIP Emerald

I agree completely with the standpoint of having t's warn for things that cause immediate death, and reworking it from a traitor on traitor standpoint.

However, should we have something in place if an innocent picks it up off a dead traitor and uses it? I see little to no use for an inno to warn and throw it in hopes of silencing a traitor when you can just shoot/nade him instead for more significant results. However, I don't feel like an inno accidentally siliencing a crowd of people should be a mass rdm ban without admin discretion.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2017
  8. wagwan

wagwan VIP