Vote kick/vote ban

Discussion in 'TTT Suggestions' started by Zombina, Aug 6, 2016.

?

Implement vote kick/vote ban powers

1. Do it!

2. Hell naw!

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Zombina

Zombina VIP

Unlike most servers where vote kick/vote ban is a gift bestowed upon donators, perhaps these powers could be attained through an application, not unlike becoming staff. This way problem players can be dealt with if staff are too busy (recently saw this complaint in the shoutbox).

Vote kick/ban is notoriously misused, but I think that can be mitigated if the people given those powers are screened beforehand. That way people like me who are usually up during the wee hours, and want to help keep the server minge-free but not be saddled with the responsibility that comes from being a full blown staff member, can try to assist.

Can someone tell me if there's a reason that the server doesn't give these powers?

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. tz-

tz- feelin it VIP Emerald

I don't care how one obtains the power to vote kick/ban I still think that it will be misused.

• Agree Agree x 10
  3. Pandora?

Pandora? Alcoholic in Training VIP Silver

Eh people applying for this would be at a way lower standard than staff, which would leave it prone to be abused.

I generally don't like vote kick/ban since it's something that could be abused easily and can be used to target players.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2016
    • Agree Agree x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. BlueGalaxy

BlueGalaxy VIP Emerald

-1 people would abuse it

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Miss Alice

Miss Alice winky face VIP

If someone is to be trusted with this kind of power at all, they'll probably be a suitable candidate for Mod in the first place.

• Agree Agree x 4
  6. Proper

Proper Banned Gold VIP

I don't think it should be a rank that is applied for; rather, it comes possibly with time (although that would require implementing a system of time-wary ranks), or with donator.

Even then...it's easily abused. There's ways to take care of that abuse, of course, but that feels like a lot of work on top of the current reports already happening. Good idea, but it might not really work out.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  7. Noctorious

Noctorious Your Best Nightmare VIP Emerald

Good try on an idea, unfortunately as others have pointed out it still has the possibility of being misused. While it would be great against things like mic spammers where everyone knows what's going on it would be terrible in the situations where someone seems to be rdming and a few people convince the whole server of it and without the full damage logs you can't get the full story.

Good try though, don't let this discourage you from future suggestions

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  8. ☼Berserkerpups☼

☼Berserkerpups☼ I am a Chicken Silver

Now here is the problem with this people would abuse this power and the would get mostly everyone banned, if you want this added in why dont you just apply for staff. and as people pointed this out yes it would get misused and I dont really see this as being a thing they would add to the servers. Although I am a DR mod and I play TTT sometimes I feel like it is unnecessary to have those two commands.

9. Hisoka

Hisoka VIP Iron

Seems useful, but will most likely get abused a lot.... -1

10. MyriadOfChaos

MyriadOfChaos It was fun.... VIP

I can see it now, a server full of toxic players banning anyone who doesnt agree to their terms. This would only end in total anarchy and would cause far more harm then it would help. -1

The intent is good but allowing the players to control this would create mass chaos in a bad way. The only good chaos is the kind of chaos that is controlled.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. ☼Berserkerpups☼

I agree completly

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  12. Zombina

Zombina VIP

Like I said, that's why it'd be a good idea to screen beforehand. Players who play often can apply for these powers, and if they have a good rep with staff they would be granted, but I can see why people wouldn't like vote ban/vote kick.

13. Proper

Proper Banned Gold VIP

Woah now, I don't think it'd get that extreme. Keep in mind, for a votekick or ban to go through, the whole server must also vote. People within the server include AFK people and those who've rebound their 1 and 2 keys (myself being one of them). It's very difficult for a votekick or ban to go through unless the person is actually being such a nuisance to the point of irritating the entire server. I also doubt there would be so many people with the command that are also toxic that they'd rule the entire server.

I agree that it can, and will, be abused; however, staff can also abuse. Abuse isn't unsolvable.

14. NoHackJustGood

NoHackJustGood Hai :) VIP Silver

I personally think this can be abused very easily. -1

15. Togo ✿

Togo ✿ Nobody Gets it VIP Silver

could be used to group troll and just not worth it

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. DocFox

DocFox The Best Is Yet To Come VIP Silver Emerald

They can just apply to be a moderator. There's no need for another application process for two things to suck up staff time that they don't already have.

• Agree Agree x 4
  17. That seems like a good idea... yeah no. Vigilante justice is absolute cancer.

18. Zombina

Zombina VIP

There's vigilante justice anyway, with revenge RDM. It wouldn't exactly be vigilante if it was a power given by staff. :p

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. ☼Berserkerpups☼

If you need this type of power why dont you just wait for the RDMers to get karma banned, or you apply for mod yourself. I mean this isn't really necessary to have on the servers and if I was a TTT player with good staff rep all I have to do it apply for the powers and I get friends on and pretty much ban everyone (Example of what could happen). Yes I can see the good of it but you also have to think of the critical features this could have.

Because some secret troll can get the powers and use it to his liking people with the vote kick/vote ban power have to know certain rules of having this power.
    I also agree with MangoTango's post.

20. DrkSephy

DrkSephy VIP Bronze