Vote commands for VIP and VIP+

Discussion in 'TTT Suggestions' started by IAmGiygas, Apr 16, 2014.

1. IAmGiygas

IAmGiygas VIP

I seriously think VIP and VIP+ should have access to !votekick, !votegag !votemute and possibly !voteban if there is no staff on.

VIP+ would get all the vote commands if there's no staff on, VIPs would get votegag and votemute. Once a staff member comes on, it'd give the message "You can no longer access this when a staff member is on."

I personally want this added because when there's no mods or other staff on and the server and only one mod available to moderate in STTT and we have people spamming the text chat or voice chat, someone has an unreadable name or some other rule breakers, we can't do much other than record and make a report. This way, we'd at least be able to !votekick people (with a good reason that we type with it) and make sure the server doesn't become too overrun with hackers and RDMers.

2. Carned

Carned ✘o ✘o VIP Silver Emerald

Being VIP doesnt mean some people aren't assholes, ive seen it plenty a time when donators ask for younger children to be gagged and i feel this would just be abused so -1

3. IAmGiygas

IAmGiygas VIP

The vote command would only take action if enough people vote and let's say 85% are FOR what the action.

4. Darth West

Darth West I am Darth West, Dark Lord of the Sith. VIP

IamGiyas that is why we have the report section. We need to do our part to help control the RDM but not in that way. We can do our part by informing staff of what is happening and where. We can record, we can print damage logs, and we have each other. I feel that the commands will be abused and even some of the vips in the community are not the most wise nor fair. Alot of spamming of this votes would take away from the game and if there are only new people to the server on and no regulars it would be abused.
    P.S Is this about Fruit

5. IAmGiygas

IAmGiygas VIP

Why not have a timer or a limit on it so you can only use a vote command once per map?

6. DocFox

DocFox The Best Is Yet To Come VIP Silver Emerald

-1 This could and would most likely be abused.

7. stormcreator

stormcreator I am The Flying Wombat. Kythol is the bae. <3 VIP

Please no.

8. RhazhBash

RhazhBash Professional Button Presser VIP

Absolutely not. I am against giving voting powers to users, especially if it is bought. I would be fine if there were people that could EARN that power, but selling that power would lead to abuse.

9. Zikeji

Zikeji Repoleved VIP Emerald

I think we could create a position where a player could get a initiate vote command (only works when no staff are online). It would have to be earned, but we could easily track abuse for it. If someone we entrusted the power to abuses it, they get it removed.

10. Carned

If this was to happen, it would be based of Staff discretion who gets gets, maybe Ex Staff/Respected players like @The Law?

• Like Like x 1
  11. Zikeji

Zikeji Repoleved VIP Emerald

I'd say admins would set it. A mod who resigned, a trial mod who didn't make the cut(as long as they didn't fuck up terribly), or we're full on mods and want to give some viable candidates some precursor power. The goal to me is to give it to some "iffy" picks that are on around the times very little staff are. If we setup the logging for the actions properly and admins can check for abuse, it'd be easy to thumb down the list.

12. DocFox

Gee thanks for mentioning me lol :p

If I were able to havey powers without the activity obligation, I help when I could.

13. Carned

It was just an example <3

14. TheTrueCatMan

TheTrueCatMan I am the one who knock knocks. VIP

Maybe if you added that you need +150 hours in order for the commands to be able to be started by a player. That way you avoid people joining in, buying VIP and trolling the system.

15. Snak

Snak Banned

Depends who got it or not. I don't want any VIP to have it, there are some people that are VIP's that aren't exactly the greatest of people, personality wise.

16. Kythol

Kythol ok Moderator VIP

Magafe had over 400 hours and look what happened. This still is a bad idea unless there is a HUGE restriction on who and who can't use !vote commands. Until a definite answer is given to the possible trolls, I'm going to have to -1 for now.

17. Enigmatica

Enigmatica The Song Lives On Banned

I am strongly against earning any sort of power strictly via money or time spent on the server. I believe that all powers should be earned.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Angelx

Angelx Always Innocent VIP

• Funny Funny x 3
  19. Chii

Chii Seriously a Baka VIP

this so much

20. DocFox

Maybe I could convince you to give me powers without a title or mods lol.