void ban command for gmod

Discussion in 'TTT Suggestions' started by Scooter, Aug 12, 2015.

?

void ban command for gmod

1. yes

33.3%
  2. no

58.3%
  3. other. write a comment if you pick other.

8.3%
  1. Scooter

Scooter Scooter#5335 VIP

i was thinking while i was looking threw ban appeal section i had a idea what if instead of unbanning someone to void there ban and having to but a note on there stats saying it was voided, instead just doing a /void command instead. it would make it much easy on the staff. what does the staff think???

the command would go like this.

Example:
    /void-name-which server- automatic note

/void smith47 east served one slay on east

this command would work on any server to unban someone. it will not remove the ban from there admin stats it would just show void in stead of expired under status and add a automatic note to stats.
    edited
    @Highwon @Disruptionz @Darktooth @Zikeji

Last edited: Aug 27, 2015
  2. Lightning

Lightning Bringing the Thunder VIP

I think the unban command is fine. The only thing this command does different, is tell you why the person got unbanned to everyone on the servers, which is why we have adminstats.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Darktooth

Darktooth I was #1 VIP

I'd prefer to have record of someone's ban getting voided, to know that they did something in the past, but it was amended/a mistake.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. Scooter

Scooter Scooter#5335 VIP

well that is unbanning someone it would just show expired bye there admin stats, if it showed that it was voided by there admin stats it would tell the staff that a person has amended a mistake they had made.

5. Lightning

Normally if I unban somebody, I will leave it on their adminstats why I unbanned them. For example, Void ban on 8/10/15 by Lightning - Player served a slay. Is this what you mean?

6. Scooter

Scooter Scooter#5335 VIP

exactly it would show void instead of expired i know the staff has admin notes to write in but this command would eliminate the process of having add note instead it would just show it voided and by who

7. Lightning

Ah, in that case I would support this idea. I thought it was just doing the same thing as adding notes. Sorry for the confusion.

• Winner Winner x 1
  8. Scooter

Scooter Scooter#5335 VIP

what do other staff think about this?

• Dumb Dumb x 1
  9. DocFox

DocFox The Best Is Yet To Come VIP Silver Emerald

I'm not a fan of this idea mainly because we usually still add a note in a players stats.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Lone Wanderer

Lone Wanderer The One and Only VIP

I think it's better to have a note on there adminstats. It's better to know that there was a ban and it was voided and have a record of it, in my opinion. Allows for other admins to know what's happened in the player's past, and keeps a record of things in case questions come up in the future.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1
  11. Scooter

Scooter Scooter#5335 VIP

that is the point of this post my idea would be a all in one solution instead of you having to add a note and do a ban this will do it in one go.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  12. Lone Wanderer

Lone Wanderer The One and Only VIP

But I'm saying that adding a note that says the ban is voided and keeping a record of the ban is a good thing. It allows us to know the history of the person in question, and gives us a reference of both the ban and the note in case questions about it come up in the future. As such, I don't see the need for a command or feature that removes the ban from their records.

13. DocFox

So you mean that it would put a comment in explaining the situation in place of the ban?

14. Scooter

Scooter Scooter#5335 VIP

ok sorry to the both of you that I confused i re-did my own post let me explain in a little more in detail.

as it stands adminstatse show this i think correct me if i am wrong please.
    Example:
    date banned - length - reason - server - by - status
    08/24/15 - 2w - rdm and leave (2nd offense) - west - smithk47 - banned
    08/8/15 - 5D - rdm and leave (1st offense) - west - mangotango - expired
    08/8/15 - 24H - harassment in admin chat - west - highwon - expired

now let me explain more in detail how the void ban will work. once you us /void command it will unban the person but instead of showing expired it will show void in ban list under status and will automatically add a note on why the person was unbanned.
    Example:
    date banned - length - reason - server - by - status
    08/24/15 - 2w - rdm and leave (2nd offense) - west - smithk47 - void
    08/8/15 - 5D - rdm and leave (1st offense) - west - mangotango - expired
    08/8/15 - 24H - harassment in admin chat - west - highwon - expired

if i still did not explain my self plz say something.

15. DocFox

The issue I have with this is that we still will put notes on a players Adminstats explaining the unban. Sometimes players are unbanned without it being voided. I think the current iseasier, especially when looking a players record.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  16. Darth West

Darth West I am Darth West, Dark Lord of the Sith. VIP

While I do like the idea it just seems unnecessary. As a previous staff member you know that at max we spend like 10 seconds adding a note to the stats in a nice and easily readable menu. I mean if you think about it, it would at max save the staff like a couple seconds.

The notes are a great way to cross check the bans in a easy to read and understandable format. The system that we have in place is really good and doesn't need tweaking. Like Mango stated in his comment above many times staff will unban a player but not void the ban, making it not a viable replacement for the unban system we currently have in place.

I feel like I may have misunderstand your post, but even if I have I stand by the my thought of it being unnecessary.

Edit: Even if it adds the note to the stats through use of the command it would be more "difficult" to add the notes that way. Although that is just Imo.