Voice timer removal

Discussion in 'TTT Suggestions' started by jacks0n, Dec 1, 2015.

Tags:
?

Anyone feel the same way and want it gone too?

1. Agree

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Disagree

100.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jacks0n

jacks0n New Member

Honestly, I don't know what its called and I don't know if this is a repost (I checked like 4 pages) but this thing really needs to be changed or gone completely.

This thing causes nothing but trouble and whats the point anyway? you have mods and admins right? can't they warn players for spam then gag? This thing is one of the most annoying things i've ever seen in TTT. TTT requires lots of communication, and how do I talk when I get muted for so long within like ten seconds?
    Here are some examples i've had on the server. Note i've been playing for literally a couple of hours (and I like the server btw)

1. I killed a traitor after he had shot someone right in front of me and checked his body, and he was comfirmed a T. I couldn't say "he's a traitor i'm proven" because I was talking before and then when I killed him I said "don't shoot my friend!" and ended up being rdmed by a detective.

2. Someone tried to rdm me as inno, he was shooting for about 2 seconds and a detective was right next to me, I shot him and instantly once again get killed by a detective for DEFENDING myself (once again I couldn't talk saying it was self defense.)

3. There was 3 people, inno, traitor, and me (inno) the traitor started to shoot the inno for no reason (giving me the right to shoot him) so I shot him. At this point I know i'm fucked because I have no voice chat left and he has the same gun as me.

And here's the surprising part, can you cause what happened next?

Shot by another damn detective.
    So please dear god remove this and just gag spammers, or AT LEAST just make it longer!

Once again TTT requires so much communication! that's why I get screwed over by this so much. I know 3 times doesn't seem like much but i'm sure you guys know how it feels to be wrongfully killed and having to wait a whole round.

BTW, slaying them doesn't make it any better at all.

2. Communion (1989) Putlockers HD Stream Eng Sub

Communion (1989) Putlockers HD Stream Eng Sub i'm thinking i'm thinking VIP

Donations get rid of the mic limit.

Check out the store section on the forums, or type !donate in-game to learn more.

Staff aren't always on to gag/ban players for mic spam. I am personally very grateful for that mic limit at times like that.

3. Carned

Carned ✘o ✘o VIP Silver Emerald

You have key binds, use them.

I dont want to hear your annoying ass voice scream a KOS for 10 mins.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Wex

Wex The enemy of art is the absence of limitations VIP Bronze

Has been suggested before with a lot of disagreements, however that was more than a year ago.
    http://www.seriousgmod.com/threads/suggest-longer-chat-timer.8802/#post-73727

If you want an extended duration of mic times, donate to the server. If don't want to donate, then conserve your mic battery by avoiding long conversations. It's good to communicate with others, however try to keep it relevant to the game. There are also binds and radio chat with unlimited usage. Use them instead of calling out over voice chat on some things that aren't really necessary like Player is Suspicious and save your voice chats for calling out traitors and defending yourself.

5. Mason

Mason Banned VIP Silver

The way I see it, it really doesn't take 10 seconds to get a KOS across or anything of the sort.

Like said above you can just donate, or use keybinds to call people out when you're unable to use the mic.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. jacks0n

jacks0n New Member

Some people don't have money for that though.

7. jacks0n

jacks0n New Member

Using the microphone makes it way more likely people will actually listen, i've used binds before on other servers when I didn't have a mic, and believe it or not a lot of the times I was ignored.

EDIT: also, I don't use it to only scream kos the whole time.

8. Carned

Carned ✘o ✘o VIP Silver Emerald

Disagree, I can't hear your voice again, i can always keep my eye on chat.

Chat KOSes > Mic Koses.

Fact.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  9. Steven

Steven VIP Silver

Your suggestion has been denied. Sorry to say but we have mic timers so that players don't mic spam and it can help prevent mic spam when no staff are online.

• Agree Agree x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.