Visualizer Suggestion

Discussion in 'Rules and Protocol' started by Turquoise, Sep 29, 2015.

?

Should this be added?

1. Yes

63.6%
  2. No

36.4%
  1. Turquoise

Turquoise Princess of Vanilla VIP

Now, this isn't about changing the way it works at all. Gameplay wise anyway. What I'm suggesting is a rule addition/change. Now, as many of you are probably aware, various players enjoy disposing/destroying a Detective's visualizer. Fun to some, douchey to others as it means a credit is forever gone, thanks to a player. (Innocent, traitor, even detective buddies at times)

What I'd like changed/added, is making it KOSable to destroy/dispose of a Visualizer. Similar to the health station ruling we undergo right now. There's no need to post by just doing "omg i like this +1" either. Just debates on why we should/should not add this. Have a wonderful day, and happy voting.

Previous thread that's over a year old regarding the same issue:
    http://www.seriousgmod.com/threads/visualizer-rule.12635

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. Noctorious

Noctorious Your Best Nightmare VIP Emerald

It makes sense, because the visualizer would only be able to be picked up and moved by detectives, and the magneto stick nullifies that. But it is one of the few Detective items that has to be placed down to be used (the other being the health station) and the only reason to try to get rid of it would be to have one less possible tool for the detective to use.

• Old Old x 1
  3. DocFox

DocFox The Best Is Yet To Come VIP Silver Emerald

I just can't see how a staff meeting would be able to prove this instance without directly witnessing it.

A person could simply move it, but a detective may feel they were going to destroy it. It's very subjective.

A detective could rdm someone and because they bought the visualizer that would be an easy out.

We could go as far as saying that destroying a DNA scanner was traitorous, but you'll say that we don't use credits tof get it. Then could destroying a jackhammer be? Or maybe a defuser?

Due to the reasons listed above. I'm out.

4. Smash

Smash Baka VIP Silver

The thing that surprises me about this suggestion is the fact that people use the visualizer. Unless you saw the person die and immiedatly pooped out a visualizer on his corpse I don't even see a use for it, there is quite literally been 0 instances in which I have had a situation to use it.

The only scenario I can think of it being useful would be Person A snipes person B, person C places visualizer on body and sees that there is 1 radar blip at that part of the map. Player C then proceeds to wait for/chase down Person B and kill them using this information. However the chances of this happening succesfully are little to known, so why should removing a visualizer from the game be KOSable? It's uses are one in a million and as Mango already stated it would be an easy out for RDM.

I don't personally see this being a neccesary implementation.

5. Turquoise

Turquoise Princess of Vanilla VIP

There's more than one scenario available for Visualizer usage. One that I can think of off the top of my head is if the DNA has decayed on a player's corpse. Shoot, you don't even need the DNA to be decayed. If you plop down a visualizer and it shows the victim and the killer directly staring at each other, just grab the DNA (if available) and mark the player that they last saw as Kill.

Also, if the Detective gets dropped (killed) while having a visualizer in their possession (either via inventory, or their magneto stick) it can lead the people around said Deadtective in the right direction of where the killer may be located. Might have to play with the corpse/visualizer a miniscule amount, but it would work.

Think of it like a health station. People are free to move it around the map without a Detective having any authority over it after they place it. The only thing they can do to someone moving a health station is keep an eye on them. If it falls into an unreachable area (lava, death water, etc) then it would be grounds for a KOS by many as they've made the Health Station unusable to everyone. (If I'm incorrect in this part, would like a staff member to correct me) I might as well have made this to include any and all Detective items.

More responses to these queries may be made over time, but for now these are the ones I've addressed. May edit this post, may not from this point forward.

6. Ravin

Ravin Determination VIP

Throwing a visualizer seems more suspicious than anything. It doesn't make or break the game like a Health Station can or a DNA scanner can. honestly, I would be in more favor for a DNA Scanner being treated with this rule, over a visualizer. But as people have expressed, it would be near impossible to determine this without directly witnessing it.

7. IcE.Cream

IcE.Cream VIP Bronze

I think this seems like a good idea. It would be in the same rule as the health station.