Visualizer Rule

Discussion in 'Rules and Protocol' started by Dr.Pepper 10, Sep 17, 2014.

?

Yes? Or no?

1. Yes

16 vote(s)
    55.2%
  2. Nope I like to troll lelelele

13 vote(s)
    44.8%
  1. Mr. Disco

Mr. Disco Jeff Lynne is a musical genius. VIP

Yes, you're talking about killing on suspicion. They're talking about killing for a good reason.

2. Sinz

Sinz crumble VIP Silver

No, they're talking about killing people for destroying visualizers and how it should be a rule (or asking if it is) and I corrected them.

3. Mr. Disco

Mr. Disco Jeff Lynne is a musical genius. VIP

No. Read it again. You're talking about killing for a visualizer pointing at a traitor and it is a clean kill 1% of the time.

4. Sinz

Sinz crumble VIP Silver

If you place down a visualizer at the time of death (to the second) and the visualizer points directly at a player (AFK as I said, or he could just be standing still) that is enough reason to kill someone.

This is very rare, hence "1%".

5. Enigmatica

Enigmatica The Song Lives On Banned

Visualizers are still detective equipment and can still help the innocents win the game. It's traitorous to "hide" traitor equipment, so why shouldn't it be traitorous to destroy detective equipment?

• Agree Agree x 4
  6. Sinz

Sinz crumble VIP Silver

When have you ever killed someone over a visualizer scan? I haven't, ever (1200 hours). Says a lot, no? I consider them a toy for people to play around with rather than helpful. Health stations and traitor testers help the game, killing someone over a visualizer diminishes an innocent victory.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Enigmatica

Enigmatica The Song Lives On Banned

I've done is several times with success. I start out my round as a detective on a sniper map and someone gets sniped right in front of me, I hastily buy a visualizer and I find and kill the sniper with no issue at all.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  8. LavenDown

LavenDown Can't touch my magiks VIP

Isn't it, though? Damaging a health station is a valid KOS, and I would think it would carry over to the visualizer. However, just because you can kill for rendering a visualizer useless, doesn't mean you should.

9. Sinz

Sinz crumble VIP Silver

Must've been still for a while then. I just don't agree with more rules put in place allowing for more innocent deaths.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. LavenDown

LavenDown Can't touch my magiks VIP

[​IMG]
    Maybe we want to get a tiebreaker XD

11. Turquoise

Turquoise Princess of Vanilla VIP

Well, what reason would a player have to destroy the visualizer if a detective places one down, or drops one upon death? There's no reason to destroy it in the first place unless they're thinking about doing some heavy sniping. (Heavy as in a lot in the sniper map cases)
    Just like there's really no reason to destroy a health station, unless a detective specifically states "Hey <insert name here> get rid of it whenever you're done." or if you know for a fact that you're the last innocent alive and you decide to either hide or destroy it in most cases. Either knowing it's a health station, or guessing if it's a Death Station. Unless a player specifically plays to hurt the innocent team as an innocent, or by being a rather unsafe traitor, they'd have no reason to get rid of the Visualizer in any case. Other than being what many would call a "troll" or a nuisance. Usually they'd call them a troll or a <insert spree of derogatory terms here>.

• Useful Useful x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  12. Cee

Cee Dobar dan! Supporter

I broke the tie.

I do agree that it should be KOSable.

13. Penny

Penny VIP

Sinz, you're overlooking the ability to use a visualizer as a means to find the killer after dna has decayed. If the visualizer shows them looking at the person who shot them, you can safely know who killed them by looking at their "___ Saw ___ moments before their deaths" on their corpse-info.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Dr.Pepper 10

Dr.Pepper 10 Supporter

Lollololol your fuckin idiot why whould you have it on the server then? Some people use it and just beacase you dont doesnt mean we shouldnt have rules on it

15. Dr.Pepper 10

Dr.Pepper 10 Supporter

Its actuyally good at finding people that were JUST sniped, learn to play scrub

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. If there's one thing that I've learned about this server, it's that people love to have any excuse to kill other innocents/troll. I would definitely give this a +1 because there really is no reason not to add this rule, but people will vote against it because it infringes on their trolling gameplay.

And I even started my own thread questioning the usefulness of the Visualizer, but Event Horizon introduced to me the brilliant tactic of checking bodies for last seen and KOSing if the killer was in front of them. It happens more often then I probably think too because I'd say half the time when someone is killed they're facing their killer. I plan on buying the Visualizer from now on.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. prochaos

prochaos VIP

how does this post even have this much feedback, it doesnt take a genius to understand how its traitorous to destroy or throw away a visualizer, would you kill someone for doing the same for a health station, yes ofc. It doesnt need this much of a discussion its a D tool that aids in the identification of ts. whether there camping and sniping from a certain spot or perhaps the d has radar and the visualizer puts 1 person in the vicinity of the killers sniping spot, it will give him reason not to trust that target. Just because it isnt used often it doesnt mean it cant be just as useful as a radar or a health station.
    I dont know how a mod can see reason to slay you for that, they either lack the knowledge to put 2 and 2 together or just lack common sense