vinyl record collecting

Discussion in 'Hobbies' started by Togo ✿, Jun 22, 2018.

1. Togo ✿

Togo ✿ Nobody Gets it VIP Silver

I've been collecting vinyl records for about 6 months now and was wondering if anybody else here also collects and plays them too. I've got around 20 lps(33s) and like around 100 singles (45s) and I've took a fascination into buying and playing them.

My favorite lps to play are Man on the Moon (Kid Cudi) and Late Registration (Kanye West). I play these the most because they have no skippable songs in my opinion and they are some of my favorite rap albums.

My favorite record I own is Wolf (Tyler the Creator) because it has pretty funny art on the sleeves and the records its self it pink and looks nice.

I am currently saving/looking for some 1970's original prints of Houses of the Holy (Led Zepplin), Animals and The Wall (Pink Floyd).

• Like Like x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  2. Xproplayer

Xproplayer VIP Silver

Cool passion

3. Mr. Disco

Mr. Disco Jeff Lynne is a musical genius. VIP

Secret Messages and Eldorado by Electric Light Orchestra would be good albums to get. They have hidden messages, great albums.

4. Togo ✿

Added Electric Ladyland and early( and pretty worn) print of Led Zep 3, still plays good for considering how old it is.

5. Titan

Titan SGM's official music nerd Administrator VIP Bronze

Post your collection boss

• Useful Useful x 1
  6. Doctor Smurfenstein

Doctor Smurfenstein Active member Banned VIP

I have about 30 lps lying around. I used to listen to them more often, but I decided to go full retro and get me an even older player that doesn't automatically turn over records. I got tired of having to get up every time :/

7. Dargar

Dargar VIP Bronze

I've also got a vinyl record collection. It has gotten quite big, and it consists of many kinds of music, and artists, for example I own records from Bob Marley, The Beatles, and many other people i'm sure you guys have never heard of, like Hank Snow. I even got a record of the original soundtrack from Star Wars.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2018
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. Togo ✿

fucking sick. Talking about star wars I've got a friend who got the star wars vinyl with the hologram and it looks pretty cool

9. Saturnity

Saturnity SGMs Personal Planet VIP

I have a big ass player that can record vinyls onto CDs too, yet not a single vinyl because I can't find any here in town. You'd think they would sell some at thrift shops or something but N O

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. Togo ✿

If you want new music or remaster version of older music on vinyl new then amazon gots a big stock of that. I have a shop by me that sells old books and vinyl and that were I get a lot of my stuff, they also have a bin where its LPs for under 5 dollars for lesser-known older artists.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Togo ✿

I'm going on vacation and there a vinyl store I want to check out so once I do that I'll post pictures chief.