View On Things

Discussion in 'Minecraft Suggestions' started by Paradox, Jan 26, 2017.

?

Should these changes be added/removed/changed?

1. Yes, All should

37.5%
  2. No, none should

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Neutral

12.5%
  4. Only certain ones (Comment which ones down below)

37.5%
  5. Other

12.5%
  1. Paradox

Paradox The One Eyed Ghoul Banned Elite

So my take on recent events and I decided to make a thread about what I think would help these are all my opinons, and I know theres enough of these threads already and I hope this is the last,

• The crates be reworked to only give out visual and cosmetic items and things,
    • the shop to stay as it is with removal of the elytra, beacon and other hard to get materials exluding ones attainable via mining.
    • For rtp to have a cooldown of 8 minutes
    • /home and /sethome to be a command you don't start with and have to buy from the shop however donors still get more sethomes once bought according to their rank
    • /home teleport activation time should be 8 seconds for fairness
    • have playerdata reset and map wiped (would probably be hard because you'd have to redo the market)
    • if the world needs to be redone use biome bundle with terrain control to do it, and disable villages and strong holds should spawn normally.
    • I think Players should be able to buy backpacks of varying sizes with in game currency sizes would include small, medium, large, extra large, Gigantic. (Just a example) which would be extra space on the go and you can carry them in your inventory and they look like chests and can't be placed down but when right clicked they open a gui where you can place items to store them.

Just a reminder these are all my personal opinons and I realise some will agree and some will disagree but if you do agree or disagree it'd be nice if you'd comment on your thoughts and opinons on the matter.

I will add more to this as it comes to mind and from suggestions from others

@Carned @irritatingness @Highwon @Disruptionz @Deathbyrussian

Last edited: Jan 26, 2017
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  2. Squidd

Squidd VIP

Can I suggest that you put your points in bullet form? Itd make it more legible.

I agree with crates. They should be reworked to be solely cosmetic. Thia promotes a better experience, and the EULA.

I strongly disagree with the current shop however. Boss Loot commodities such as NetherStars/Beacons, Eltyras(Spelling?), and other various Hyper Rare commoditiea should NOT be sold on the basic market. Those sorts of things should have to be earned by the players, and the subsequently sold by the players. By no means should there just be an endless stock of these things (maybe with the exception of Eltryas as they are a limited resource, but delay when players can purchase them)

/rtp should be removed as it ruins exploration, and /home should be removed along with any /tpa as it ruins the threats of going on an adventure in a hostile environment. The only warp command should be /spawn on a high "cast time" and long cooldown. (1 hour? Longer?)

I agree with you that the map should be reset, as well with player data (Items, MCMMO levels, terrain) and we should get a new map with proper generation (Strongholds, Villages).

Sorry if Im maybe taking iver the thread, but thats my opinion on the changes you've proposed.

Your thoughts?

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. Paradox

Fixed they are now bulleted, I agree with everything except like i've stated a lot removing home sethome tpa and rtp as for removing the threat they stop the tp if damaged so maybe increase the time it takes to activate to 8-10 seconds so theres still a chance as for mobs and saving you from that it's just like walling yourself in a hole overnight, and getting lost people use waypoints thanks for your views and opinons

4. Squidd

Squidd VIP

You cant really get lost in Minecraft though. Just hit F3 and the coordinates show up. Ideally Spawn is at 0'0, so if you're lost just head that way.
    And removing warps isn't a PvP issue, it takes awa from the sense of adventure. Theres never a return trip to worry about.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Paradox

Can use /home once every 30 mins - 1 hour?

6. Squidd

Squidd VIP

Id still say no. You can use /spawn, which would take you to the starting zone and the Market, and then you gotta walk home from there.

• Informative Informative x 2
  7. Paradox

We have different views and opinons on the matter so to agree to disagree, thanks for your opinons they helped me revise some of my threads parts and make it cleaner thanks. ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Santa Claus

Santa Claus Best Member VIP Bronze

I like being able to rtp and not having to wait 8 minutes

9. EhhChris

EhhChris Advisor. VIP Silver Emerald

So yes, there will be changes. I don't know the extent as a lot of them are still in the works and need discussion. This means our entire team will be content with the solution to move forward with it. We've got some things mostly decided but I'll wait for the official thread for those to be announced.

Other things I will talk about:
    • RTP cool down can be done, I've already modified the RTP plugin in other ways. Will discuss, don't think it'll be an issue. Though I would like to keep the spawn RTP portal. Maybe we can make random designated areas for this portal, again, will discuss.
    • Elytra will have to be sold, there's only a limited amount of them in a given end world, and they break fast. If we disallow sale, they will eventually run out and effectively remove that content from the game, not cool.
    • The world will most likely not be regenerated. This is because while we screwed up, it's unfair to all people who invested time already. This opinion is not shared by everyone, and I realize this.
    • With the current world, end fortresses did not generate. This sucks, but is not the end of the world (heh). Most people don't realize now that there are actually 128+ end fortresses per map now, depending on size. They're not nearly as special, and even if they were, having one group claim one of two end fortresses sucks ass to anyone not in those groups. Another thing people don't realize here: the ender dragon is respawnable within vanilla Minecraft at this point. You craft special items and place them to respawn the dragon. YouTube it, it's actually really cool.
    I realize I didn't cover everything, but again, a lot of the changes have not been decided, and this is only my views for the situation we have.

• Informative Informative x 5
  10. Squidd

Squidd VIP

Lets start point by point:

RTP portal should be the only way to RTP, meaning you should have to make a trip back to spawn to RTP out again.

Elytra. First off, those without gold cannot even access the Elytra because we dont have access to the End (afaik). Second off, theres way better solutions to the limited amount than juat selling them. Make them craftable using special materials found only in End Cities or make them a rare drop off Endermen or Shulkers in the End.
    And they are repairable. Easily so as well, two leather fully repairs it.

No resrt to the world is an issue, but even bigger is the stockpiles people have made. Its a general consensus between the people who have dedicated the most time that they want a reset. So why are the people who have dedicated only a couple hours still living in a dirt shack holding back whats to be considered the best fix to all this?

Many of us know theres tona of damn steongholds now, and obviouslt because of that were not looking to lock them down and make them privatized. The issue is that they're gone completely and you still havent gave us a solution to that. We cant go to the end. You've ruined the adventure.

Anything else?

Edit: Yes. I am upset an therefor probably biased. You know I was so excited to play MC with the community, but what we got was far below expectations. All you had to do was make a minecraft server with some simple plugins, but you overshot it. You gave us a bunch of stuff nobody asked for, limited us in what we could do, and overall ruined any real goals or sense of economy with the Crates.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Daddy Nexxus

Daddy Nexxus Toxi-Fessional VIP

I think the market should be entirely player-driven. No NPC market.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Paradox

Hey, wouldn't it be simpler to remove all the playerdatas of the people who bought crate keys as well as their stockpile, then disable crates until they get reworked and refund the used keys to the owners and they can wait until the crates are up again? @Squidd @irritatingness

13. Squidd

Squidd VIP

It would be, but the Devs dont want to reset anything im fears of ruining peoples experience.
    What they may not realize is thats already happening, and they need to chamge something to fix it.

• Informative Informative x 1
  14. Paradox

They are probably doing a lot behind the scenes while it my not be exactly what we all want some stuff is decided for the best of the server and community I just hope that it'd be easier to wipe the data of the players who spammed crates. ;)

15. Carned

Carned ✘o ✘o VIP Silver Emerald

FTFY

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. EhhChris

EhhChris Advisor. VIP Silver Emerald

Opinion noted.

This is an excellent suggestion, and could definitely be done. I'll work to make this happen, as I agree just buying it does suck, but until we've worked through other issues it'll wait.

So I agree that the stockpiles a small handful of users have created is troublesome. However, these items over time will be lost, destroyed, sold, distributed among friends, etc. As of right now, some people have quite a bit, and it sucks, but as we fix things it can only get better with time. Resetting everybody for the sake of a small subset of users who were able to get items from our mistakes is a bit overkill though.

I believe this part to be a bit melodramatic.

The server has been open for almost 48 hours, and we've been working hard to fix multitudes of other issues that came with the launch. Many of these issues would not have presented themselves until we consistently had a larger amount of players testing things and finding issues, so in a way, thank you everyone for finding them and reporting them to us as they arose. Not all of these issues have been fixed, but I'd lost count of how many things we fixed in the first half hour after launch alone. We're still working towards fixing things to improve the general experience.

I'll try to get a public access end portal open tonight. As far as claiming the end fortresses? The very first user who came to me about not being able to find one was disappointed his group couldn't claim both of them and hold a monopoly on them. I realize if the world had generated them properly (128+) this wouldn't be feasible at least at first, but would still be increasingly difficult to find one that is not already claimed or have someone allow them to use theirs. While I didn't initially know about the missing end fortresses issue, I'm starting to believe it was probably for the best.

And I totally feel you.

Though let me say this: I was, and still am excited for this server. There are a lot of problems, and the advantages that were gleaned from the donation system is one of the biggest of those problems. The best I can say though is that I'm still committed to helping fix the problems, and that the economy issue will eventually subside. It's not a great start, but it's definitely one that we've learned from and will improve upon.

We are doing a lot behind the scenes.

As far as wiping specifically the users who opened the crates, it's not really feasible and I'll explain why. Firstly, not every user who opened crates would be okay with simply being reset. Secondly, these users would have to come to us with 100% integrity and give up every item they earned from the crates they paid for. This means if they hid a chest somewhere with a ton of the stuff they had, it'd be a nightmare to hunt through every single interaction said user had to ensure they didn't lie. This could also still be mitigated with other methods of hiding items that wouldn't appear in any sort of logs in a meaningful way. I'm not saying I don't trust our users, but the entire concept of hunting everything down isn't really feasible.

• Informative Informative x 1
  17. Paradox

Since they hate it the people who have stacks of enchanted diamond just throw it out start fresh and thanks for clearing a lot up @irritatingness

18. Carned

You guys just need to decided if you want to stick to Survival or Factions because trying to balance them both isn't going to work.

• Agree Agree x 3
  19. Paradox

Survival while keeping /home etc and rtp cooldown or removal?

20. Carned

Survival means Survival, I know people won't want to remove all the commands so make /home usable daily and /rtp weekly.

• Agree Agree x 1