Accepted [Vanilla] ttt_mc_richland

Discussion in 'Maps' started by Marshal Zuijj, Nov 26, 2019.

?

Add traitor traps?

1. Yes

51.3%
  2. No

20.5%
  3. Yes, but only enabled by traitors for 30 seconds at a time with a 1:30 cooldown.

28.2%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. then why are you arguing that a map shouldnt be added to a server you dont even like?

2. who said i didn't like the map, i was talking about the community itself opinion, about how it would probably cause a clusterfuck, not sure where the hell did you get the feeling i didn't like the map

• Confusing Confusing x 7
  3. No, i said why are you saying that a map shouldnt be added to a server you dont like, also east/west has like 3x as many maps, and theres no problem there.

4. who the fuck said i didn't like the server? i said i dont PLAY on it, doesn't mean i don't like it

• Confusing Confusing x 2
  5. Yeah you dont play it, so why do you care if a map is added, theres no harm from more good maps.

6. Lordyhgm

Lordyhgm Spiteful smells Lead Admin VIP

Let's keep this to richland

• Optimistic Optimistic x 4
  7. upload_2019-12-1_20-50-46.png

• Creative Creative x 3
  8. -Vader-

-Vader- VIP

4 Crates = 4 Kills.

9. Racerboy

Racerboy VIP

[​IMG]

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1

10. [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  11. -Vader-

-Vader- VIP

This map looks better than the original.

• Like Like x 1
  12. -Vader-

-Vader- VIP

Chainedlord will always escape that trap. He will just throw a discombob before activating the trap, and launch himself backwards before the train reaches him.

• Like Like x 1
  13. dazza

dazza Banned VIP Bronze

are the traps t only or can anyone use them like the modded version? also are they all present? i understand the swinging hammer would be hard to replicate in nilla

14. SavannahBanana

SavannahBanana I Love Bananas :D VIP Emerald Bronze

I say the more maps the better. like @Zuijj said otherwise we just rotate on like 6-7 maps, that gets boring if you play a couple of hours

Plus the map looks really good

• Like Like x 1
  15. traitor only because being rdmed by some fucko that keeps turning traps on is not fun.

i'm also implementing them with the 120 second reset i was talking about. activating a trap arms it for 30 seconds. if any time in these 30 seconds the trap triggers from an inno walking through it, it disarms. trap can be activated once every 120 seconds.

for the swinging hammer, we've been thinking of alternatives. dispenser that pours lava quickly down the stairs is one, the other being an anvil that lands on the stairs or somethin. not sure. leaning towards lava myself, sounds funny as shit

16. ALSO does any version of richland even have working laser doors? prolly just gonna skip them entirely.

17. Lordyhgm

Lordyhgm Spiteful smells Lead Admin VIP

Anvil seems the most 'fitting' in my op, although rearming would be amusing plus would it be a prop.. ,':?

18. -Vader-

-Vader- VIP

Like I said before, traps have to be T activated, because you have to think about the server population of Vanilla. The server isn't just a bunch of chads like the other server, it has more RDM than other servers due to randoms that just come and go. If traps were activated by anyone, they would just sit by the trap and arm it every time. Plus, it gives a chance for traitors to escape if someone is following them if they are traitor only activated.

On the second trap, I don't know how lava would do. Would it disappear after like 5 seconds of being activated? What is the area that its going to cover? Is it going to ooze out a bit further than the stairs? Will a fence pop out behind the stairs so it contains the lava, and then slowly goes down into the floor after it kills?
    Both the anvil and the lava are great ideas. You have to make something that is visually appealing, so I don't think like arrow dispensers would work, where when you get on top of the ladder, it shoots you. HOWEVER, if it shot a harpoon out and it would stick a body to the wall above the stairs, count me in.

Laser doors never worked, I don't think. Even if they did, adding them would be too much. There would be too many traps for the size of the map. Lost Temple probably has the same amount of traps as richland would if you added those laser traps, and lost temple is a huge map. You are fine with just using a c4 as a traitor, because that would just be too easy for traitors.

• Like Like x 2
  19. Racerboy

Racerboy VIP

could play the metal-clanking anvil sound from minecraft, might be kinda funny

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.