Accepted [Vanilla] ttt_mc_richland

Discussion in 'Maps' started by Marshal Zuijj, Nov 26, 2019.

?

Add traitor traps?

1. Yes

51.3%
  2. No

20.5%
  3. Yes, but only enabled by traitors for 30 seconds at a time with a 1:30 cooldown.

28.2%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. been working on this map for a bit and decided to make this thread just to gauge some interest in it and see how players would feel about certain aspects i haven't added yet.

here's the pics, still kinda early but it's getting there. please ignore the non-existent skybox.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]

as you can tell, this map takes a lot of creative liberties that kind of take it away from a true minecraft map, but no more than currently implemented maps do.

so the one thing i wanted to ask about is if people really want the traitor traps enabled on this map. i've historically played on richland without traps, but i know the version on east (lol losers) has traps enabled.

ALSO up for debate: as of right now, you can go on the three trees near the rock/richland sign near the main building. will be play testing this with friends, but what would everyone think if we just allowed people to be up there?

thanks for checkin it out and feel free to give any requests/advice or what not.

• Winner Winner x 16
  2. -Vader-

-Vader- VIP

Yes, but only enabled by traitors for 30 seconds at a time with a 1:30 cooldown.
    Reason being is that Richland always had the traps, at least the swinging trap and the explosive flying at you. The laser traps never worked, so you don't need to add them. I think it would let people who don't know how to play TTT get a kill here and there without them being useless.
    On the other hand, people who don't know how to get kills will just wait the whole 2 minutes for it to activate again just to get another kill. This will make the rounds more time consuming.
    If you made the traps that anyone can activate, that will just make people RDM, and we all know Vanilla is bunch of randoms that would RDM with them, unlike the other server which is mostly VIPs that play on.

I am changing my vote to NO, just because I don't think it requires them.

3. KatxWind

KatxWind VIP

I need this map right now please
    +1 For me without the traps. I hated the traps on that map because anyone can activate it, if Ts are gonna be able to do it it's gonna be a lot of T traps on a single map which isn't gonna be fair for the innos and detective.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Fuck yes, fav map and an MC version sounds super good +1

also no T traps pls

• Agree Agree x 3
  5. Noccam :^)

Noccam :^) Regular Member

Cowards, the T traps are the best parts of Richland. It allows for so much rdm!

6. Sticky Bandit

Sticky Bandit Never fall below your standard VIP Bronze

For an accurate recreation, add the damn traps. They spice up gameplay a little.
    You shouldn't be killed by traps in this map because there's a giant light next to every one, all you gotta do is press the button to turn them back off lmfao

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. SavannahBanana

SavannahBanana I Love Bananas :D VIP Emerald Bronze

YAAAAAAAAAS +1

• Agree Agree x 3
  8. Jabba the Slut

Jabba the Slut That's Kinky! Lead Admin VIP Silver

Actually, the barrel trap can be fired (by anyone) from three different locations, even if the trap itself is "off." Each of the spots either has a line of sight on the tunnel, or a camera monitor showing the tunnel.

• Winner Winner x 1
  9. -Vader-

-Vader- VIP

Jabba is right, and not only that, you have to think about the player base of Vanilla compared to East. I am sure East has way less RDMing, because its mostly regulars who have VIP that play on there. Vanilla is just bunch of randoms that would randomly spam the trap and RDM with it. Just more work for admins/mods IF they are ON. I'd just make the barrel trap and the swinging trap Traitor activated. It would be the middle ground.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. nice map. hurry up and release it already. also i voted no

11. Lordyhgm

Lordyhgm Spiteful smells Lead Admin VIP

Just whatever you do.. make it credit or indicate the killer.. please <3

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. ye that's the reason why i put in the third option. the idea is that when a traitor activates a trap, it stays activated for 30 seconds. and once those 30 seconds are up, the trap can't be activated for another minute and a half.

has there actually been a version of this map where the laser traps even work? i've never seen them. only the barrel/hammer trap.

• Winner Winner x 1
  13. Sticky Bandit

Sticky Bandit Never fall below your standard VIP Bronze

Yes. Nothing wrong with that either, they’re an interesting mechanic. If you’re worried about dying, don’t walk through that tunnel lmfao

14. Sheepeasy

Sheepeasy VIP

I am not a big vanilla person but this map looks dope so far. Love the work.

15. -Vader-

-Vader- VIP

I think having the traps being activated by traitors only is a good thing, because if you think about the underground trap, if you are running away from people, you can activate it and get away from the people following you. Gives you more playability as a traitor.

16. Racerboy

Racerboy VIP

wow this is fuckin genius wonder who thought of it :sneaky:

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Not sure, adding in more maps wouldn't really change anything, would it

• Confusing Confusing x 2
  18. although the server has 13 or so maps, it rotates on the same 6 or 7 because most of them are pretty trash. adding more maps would def improve the overall rotation.

• Winner Winner x 1
  19. wouldn't it only make it rotate more towards the same maps? what about the other ones that are never played

• Confusing Confusing x 1
  20. Lordyhgm

Lordyhgm Spiteful smells Lead Admin VIP

Having had a little play with this, no, maps like island17 that kinda just.. disappeared, are just as popular as they were before. People will always play dolls and motel most but having a larger and better roster of second favourite maps will improve pretty much everything

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.