Rejected [Vanilla TTT] Probably client side buuuut.. invisible man syndrome

Discussion in 'Bug Report' started by Lordyhgm™, May 5, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lordyhgm™

Lordyhgm™ Trial Moderator VIP

Title:
    Probably client side buuuut.. invisible man syndrome
    Applies to:
    Vanilla TTT
    Description:

a floating invisible t pose man.. sounds liek something out of a horror movie but a bugger to hit and the health of the guy is unknown.

post- their ragdoll when dead was visible the second they died​
    Steps to Recreate:
    honestly just any other round​

2. silverstevie

silverstevie Supporter

I do wish to add this does happen to me, but as far as I know it has only occurred on SGM Vanilla servers. Generally I must restart my GMOD to see people.

3. Teroxa

Teroxa going down in history Administrator VIP Silver

And I thought it was only me.

Same here. It only happened on Vanilaa Servers and I couldn't find any other way to fix it besides restarting/-connecting.

4. Lordyhgm™

Recently heard another player remarking that several players were invisible, however it was apparently fixed on map change

5. I think that occurres after a long lag.

6. Rauno

Rauno   VIP

It happens sometimes when you have bad connection or lag out for long, most often when starting a demo.

The easiest fix when it happens is starting and stopping a demo (I recommend binding "record fix; stop" to a key if it happens often).

7. Teroxa

Teroxa going down in history Administrator VIP Silver

It started happening to me only recently.

I've never had it before. So I thought it was a new thing.

But now that you say this I remember reading a thread about this issue some time back.

8. Floof

Floof Trial Moderator MVP Silver

I had trouble activating t traps and this fixed it.

9. So you had that too?
    It was happening to me seemingly randomly, and I didn't know what to do.

10. Floof

ya recording a demo and stopping it fixes a lot lmao

11. silverstevie

silverstevie Supporter

wait.... my computer isnt as shit as it really is? like you try to activate and nothing at all happens?

12. It's also happening on modded servers without demos.

13. Floof

Record a demo and stop it to fix it.

14. Lordyhgm™

15. I know. Just wanted to say it's not just the Vanilla servers. Could also be the May update messing around, because I only had this issue twice and it was after the update.

16. Floof

its been happing for a long time. And also it happens on any of the servers.

17. sportakus1

sportakus1 Active Member

This happens to me sometimes, it can happen if you alt-tab out of game then afterwards alt-tab BACK into the game, which the game needs load users on leaderboard again and could cause one of few to be invisible with only their wep being visible.

Its kinda annoying it happens, since you are forced to wait till map changes or you leave and come back.

Also not only men can go invsible, normal terrorists too. This bug is visible on your computer only, for others the person can be visible just fine.

18. This doesn't happen often to me, but it has happened before. Quite annoying since you both can't see them or their true HP.

Also, nice potato quality.

19. Boomshakalaka

Boomshakalaka VIP Bronze

Just hapened to me on Modded. I turned off my discord overlay and then acci alt tabbed and everyone was invisible.

20. sportakus1

sportakus1 Active Member

"record x" on console then write "stop" on console again

Fixed for me when one guy was invisible, after what I did the guy was visible.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.