Vanilla server suggestions

Discussion in 'TTT Suggestions' started by shadowdragoon66, Apr 20, 2014.

?

What to do with the vanilla server?

1. Keep it going with some of the suggestions below

17 vote(s)
    77.3%
  2. Take it down

5 vote(s)
    22.7%
  1. shadowdragoon66

shadowdragoon66 hic sunt draconis VIP

This is a thread for posting any suggestions for the Vanilla server. Highwon is trying to figure out if it is better to find more stuff to add or to shut it down completely. If you vote to keep the server up, please try to suggest something to add. Highwon thought about adding some more CSS guns but making them only available for donator's weapon loadouts.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. ZeRo

ZeRo :sneaky: Banned VIP Silver

At the rate Vanilla's going at right now, I think it would be better to shut the server down. There's way too many problem players and we can't staff all 5 servers at many instances of time. So for now, I think it would be best to take it down.

3. Scooter

Scooter Scooter#5335 VIP

Vanilla is doing just fine A little faith guys. Just wait and see soon we will get more mature gamers soon

• Optimistic Optimistic x 2
  4. Candycaneore

Candycaneore Neko Candy VIP Silver

I like Vanila and hope it stays, and there are ways to keep the trolls away( IP bans I heard from someone before).

5. Enigmatica

Enigmatica The Song Lives On Banned

IP bans can only currently be issued by the owner, but that is something to consider possibly letting lead admins handle. The only thing Vanilla needs is more dedicated staff. Personally I dont mind Vanilla so I'll be happy to go there and staff, but I know a lot of our current staff that dislike Vanilla.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Enigmatica

And as for the CSS weapons idea, maybe add the more powerful weapons like AK47 and SCAR20 as traitor weapons only, because if a donator can use an AK47, then it will make Vanilla pay to win

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Thorn

Thorn A Thorn in your side. VIP

We'll if you are a donator you lose all your benefits if you play there except for infin mic

8. Enigmatica

Yeah but we shouldn't make the server p2w. It'll just turn away newcomers which was half the point of the Vanilla server; to attract new people who would rather not sit through 15 minutes of downloads.

We could add all the CSS weapons, make the more powerful ones rare but still spawn (like how it is on our other servers), and allow the donators to pick their loadout as usual. I think, however, that the AK47 should be strictly a traitor weapon. We could add the SCAR20 as a detective weapon, as it's a pretty powerful semi auto sniper (at least in CSGO)

9. Thorn

If load out was in vanilla it would be a lot more fun and with CSS weapons it would be even better

10. Enigmatica

We already have loadout in vanilla....

come play it sometime bb <3

11. Thorn

When I played it sat or so nothing was there when I pressed F3. Just the same old nothing here screen.

12. Thorn

13. Enigmatica

14. Thorn

Well if that's the case and ur not trolling me it could be rly fun haha

15. Highwon

Highwon Owner VIP Silver

Making the AK a traitor weapon would cause confusion (someone would join non-vanilla from vanilla and blast anyone with an AK). It would also require us to run two separate rules pages.

I personally don't like pay2win and will never implement that kind of model on the non-vanilla server however for our vanilla server to be self sustainable it would require some incentives for donations which is why I implemented certain CSS guns for donators only. We'll see how this pans out.

16. shadowdragoon66

shadowdragoon66 hic sunt draconis VIP

The staff would just have to make sure people realize that, while some of the weapons are only available to donators, unlike skins, the weapons can be dropped and given to other players. They cannot KOS certain people for having these guns like you can when there is a lone VIP+ player on the server and you see a disguised traitor with a VIP+ skin.

17. Enigmatica

You already can't KOS on weapons so there's no issue with that.

And honestly, the AK47 isn't an instant win gun. Yeah, it makes it easier, but you can still lose a 1v1 to a non donator if you use it.

18. ThatBox

ThatBox Not this box, that one. VIP

All the suggestions simply remove vanilla from being vanilla. I suggest that we add more maps onto it to make it a true vanilla server. I love the Vanilla server and have 20 hours on it(not too much but more than any of my others), it's just the same map over and over may deter many longtime players from joining it. Especially, since the map is Minecraft.

19. ThatBox

ThatBox Not this box, that one. VIP

Wait you can't kos on weapons? Like if somebody has a knife you can't kill them?

20. Other maps require CSS textures