Vanilla 2 or Vanilla Classic

Discussion in 'TTT Suggestions' started by Mr Butters, Jul 6, 2020.

1. Mr Butters

Mr Butters For a few to be immortal, many must die. VIP

https://www.seriousgmod.com/threads/remove-maps-from-vanilla.55642/

Except noct isnt as old as me, 4 maps on cycle. 10 rounds. 1 fun round every 3 map cycles to just keep it from getting stale.

• b5
    • city
    • mythic
    • mineshaft
    If majority on at the time had a sulk about mythic or mineshaft !rtv would just move to the next in the cycle, none of this map voting bs with shit tier spammed maps like motel and nuketown.
    This is all we need, none of this t round BS. Classic vanilla STTT.

We had a 2 map cycle server for over a year and it was always north of 20+ players

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 6, 2020
    • Dumb Dumb x 4
    • Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. Mr Butters

3. Santa Claus

Santa Claus Best Member VIP Bronze

havent played much of vanilla 2 recently but removing maps is probably a step in the wrong direction.
    +1

• Confusing Confusing x 3
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  4. Noctorious

Noctorious Your Best Nightmare VIP Emerald

+1
    Though, I don't care for Mythic too much. And with 10 rounds a map I think 1 fun round a map would still be fine.

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  5. tz-

tz- feelin it VIP Emerald

instead of double mc vanilla can we get normal maps on vanilla 2?

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  6. Frost

Frost Frosted Pun King VIP

Throw a twist in Vanilla 2 and make it low-grav, low grav is actually very very fun
    Also maybe add in a bit more stuff for D/T weps too

• Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. Paradox

Paradox The One Eyed Ghoul Banned Elite

We don’t need old vanilla was yucky as is and I will get a dislike and or dumb for saying it but i can tell mr butters aint a fan of t and d rounds on vanilla which imho look at nearly all ttt servers they have it as for what to do with vanilla 2 imho shoulda tryed smthing new not vanilla.

• Dislike Dislike x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. Paradox

@Noctorious id love to discuss why you think it should be so instead of just disliking maybe you can change my mind i’m not deadset on it being bad

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. Mr Butters

we had the same shit for 7 years, a safe space for us that loved STTT nilla, they cant just be like (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ no more server that you have all played on. You say old vanilla was yucky yet it has had the biggest population always where as modded is dying and now this new vanilla is dying too. As for the t buying bs, if it were balanced as suggested here: https://www.seriousgmod.com/threads/balance-t-round-purchases.53125/#post-558601 @Woet @Python~ it would fine, but we currently have 6 round maps that end faster than they start, which is fine cause all the maps voted in are shit anyways, but with people buying T round it feels more like 3 rounds cause you're left with 5 innos.

10. Lunar

Lunar 8:00PM VIP Silver

what the fuck is vanilla 2 and why did it release when i was gone

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  11. Teroxa

Teroxa Vier Fäuste für ein Halleluja VIP Silver

@Highwon has wanted to go back to a more classic version of SGM for a while now. I think this might be something he would consider.

I personally really like the idea. We don't need two identical vanilla servers.
    Keeping one vanilla, but giving it an oldschool spin, even if it just means removing most maps and keeping it on a 2/3 map cycle with longer rounds, with no other changes. It could be a lot of fun.

I mean the point of vanilla is to be you know .. mostly vanilla.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  12. Paradox

How about make vanilla 2 like that and keep vanilla one as is

13. Twitch.youtube.com.ttv/AAAAAAA911

Twitch.youtube.com.ttv/AAAAAAA911 Now you just somebody that I used to know VIP Silver

+1

14. Mr Butters

TITLE [​IMG] TITLE

15. Frost

True, but lets say that vanilla 2 doesn't take off, yano at that point you need to add things, maybe something different from other communities to catch people's attention to become regulars.
    More of a last ditch sort of scenario yano?

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  16. Jabba the Slut

Jabba the Slut That's Kinky! Lead Admin VIP Silver

It's been my experience working with Highwon, especially lately, that if anything he's looking to break away from a classic Vanilla structure. This can be seen by recent non-Vanilla content added to the servers, like end round music, upgrades, special weapons, etc. This is even a trend we may see go further in certain aspects.

• Dislike Dislike x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  17. Paradox

@Noctorious while you may dislike this if it's highwons desire it will be like that it's overall his choice sadly :(

• Dumb Dumb x 2
  18. please convince him to keep that shit in modded where it belongs, i beg you. there's already a ton of modded servers, including sgm's. if players wanted to play that, they can just join one of them. vanilla is really one of the last populated vanilla-esque servers out there, would be heartbreaking to see it just turn into modded lite.

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. Frost

That's why I suggest adding a server thats mostly vanilla with some modded things. To keep vanilla as vanilla, and an in between. Seen two communities do it, and be very profitable and successful

20. Communion (1989) Putlockers HD Stream Eng Sub

Communion (1989) Putlockers HD Stream Eng Sub i'm thinking i'm thinking VIP

Y'all rly gotta let go of the past. Old vanilla (years ago, back when the map rotation looked like what you're suggesting it to return to) wasn't just fun cus of the maps - or any other superficial reason like that. It was fun cus we were all a lot fucking younger and less depressed and shit, and were way less involved in dumbass SGM drama and didn't take this shit so seriously (not too mention I'm sure for the most of us older players, the majority of our friends don't play anymore, for one reason or another). Y'all can blame your lack of fun on the servers or w/e for whatever superficial reasons you want, but at the end of the day you're really just obsessing over what is essentially an unobtainable simpler past, and yeah, maybe getting rid of maps and shit might help y'all feel a little better or w/e but y'all still are acting like boomers ("ahhhh!! change scary!").

Adding a second server for what is basically a Vanilla version of the current Vanilla is an even worse idea than only using classic maps tho. Playerbase is already pretty low, staff turnout for specific hours seems low. Don't see any real point in dividing the playerbase/staff further in order to provide a safe-space for old members. Like you know that episode of Futurama where Fry shuts himself off and surrounds himself with old TV shows and shit from the past while being in the future? Y'all are just tryna be like that. Move on, you'll have a lot more fun.

Personally I really like having new maps and updates and shit. It's exciting. Breath of fresh air. A lot of the maps are kinda trash, ya, but some are pretty dope. Even if they're trash it's still nice to experience something new. Years and years of the same maps over and over is pretty fucking lame, imo. My only actual criticism about the maps is that I don't rly fuck w/ the minecraft versions of the maps from West/East so much. I mean like they're fun to play on and all, I just feel like (in going with my thoughts on playing the same maps over and over getting stale af) it would be more fun if Vanilla had vanilla-specific maps, and not just bad minecraft versions of better maps I could go play on West/East, y'know? I just feel like Vanilla has more potential than the server you play on if you don't have CSS or when West/East are empty.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1