Denied uuurwy's Appeal

Discussion in 'TTT Ban Appeals' started by uuurwy, Aug 9, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. uuurwy

uuurwy New Member

Your In Game Nickname:
    uuurwy
    Your Steam ID:
    uuurwy
    Which Server:
    Vanilla 2
    Why you should be unbanned:
    I was banned for ghosting but my friend how told me who the trator was wasn't dead he saw the trator kill someone he was looking threw a sniper at the person because they didn't go to the snipeing spot they always go to so he was watching him and he saw them kill someone and told me to kos and I did and he was the trator we spoke with the admin and he thought my friend was spectateing​
    Evidence of Innocence:

2. Sable

Sable Keepin it chill VIP

I have seen this and will reply soon

3. Sable

Sable Keepin it chill VIP

Hi Uuurwy,

I've played with you a handful of times in the last few days but today you did something that was suspicious, so I investigated.

-----------------------------------
    It was the final round on the Map Desert, on Vanilla 2. I was a traitor, and killed Guy. I then walked around to a different area where you killed me without instigation. The clip from this kill is here, where you can see that you couldn't have seen the kill and therefore the kill on me was most definitely rdm:

I asked you why you killed me, to which you replied that your friend saw me kill someone (which was Guy, seeing as I had killed no one else yet), and told you to kos me.

Knowing there was no voice chat kos called on me, or any in text chat, I knew instantly you were ghosting. Your friend told you kos me, but didn't do it ingame.

I then asked you some questions about who it was, and once he replied it was him (I already knew it was since I checked and saw you were friends on steam), I asked him if he did it, to which he said yes.

Now that we know what happened, let's define what Ghosting is to see why I banned you.

According to the Extended Rules : https://www.seriousgmod.com/threads/ttt-extended-rules.54957/

The parts here that are important to us are:

- "1. Ghosting is the act of providing current-round-related, game-influencing information to an alive player, or players, through means of communications other than world or team chat."

Your friend provided the kos through means of communications other than world chat (there is no innocent team chat)

- "4. Acting on information that has been ghosted to you is also considered ghosting."

You received this information and chose to act on it

and

- "Examples of Ghosting: Telling alive players who the traitors are."

The information your friend provided you qualifies as an example of ghosting.

When we put these three definitions of Ghosting together, we see that both you and your friend ghosted, which is why I banned you.

Uuurwy, I noticed you asking in the #general chat earlier today (after I had banned you) what Ghosting is. This was a bit of a shock to me, because I've seen you on the server often and the loading screen displays this information, which is very common rules for TTT servers in general. I hope you can take this ban to understand better what the rules are and take some time to read through the Extended Rules (linked above) so it won't happen again.

Because it was clearly ghosting and affected the round completely I will not be unbanning you and hope you take this time to learn from your mistake.

Appeal : Denied
    Ban : Not Voided

If you want to discuss this more, feel free to dm me in Discord - my tag is @Sable#2942.
    This thread will be locked otherwise,

Sable

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.