Upgrade Suggestion, Reload Speed and Quick Draw

Discussion in 'TTT Suggestions' started by Ravin, May 19, 2015.

1. Ravin

Ravin Determination VIP

Old - http://www.seriousttt.com/threads/reload-speed-upgrade.2257/#post-13650

Increased reload speed times. Something not to game breaking but noticeable.

Something like 5/10/15/20/25% Increase or 2/4/6/8/10%. I recommend the second one as it is hardly noticable, not to game breaking, and not that much of a game changer.

Points could go 500, 1000, 2000, 4000, and then 10k to finish it off.

I think with new updates we have like Death Station heal and crowbar swing speed increase, other various upgrades give players who have been here awhile an edge over other players. This upgrade is not expensive and gives players, who have already been here for sometime, something else to upgrade.

I think its time to repose the question and see how we discuss it two years later.

Another suggestion could fit with this is Quick Draw, Simliar upgrade path but makes your weapons swap between Primary and Secondary Faster like 2/4/6/8/10%.

Thank you @Big Al for suggesting the Quick Draw Upgrade.

Last edited: May 21, 2015
    • Like Like x 4
  2. Python~

Python~ Young Bard VIP Silver Emerald

To address one of the points made on the other thread, "This is something that would be a clear advantage over other players and I don't think is fair in any way"
    Anyone has the power to get points on the server and upgrade whatever they want.
    Just because a regular would probably be able to get this upgrade sooner than a non-regular or new player, doesn't mean it's a 'clear advantage', it's a fact
    The upgrades we have on the servers are to promote people to play and get points to afford them. This would just add another factor to that
    To give some examples, Death Station Heal, Radar/DNA Scan Time Decrease, and even Weapon Spawns are all 'clear advantages', however they are still there.

My verdict: +1 to the idea

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Noctorious

Noctorious Your Best Nightmare VIP Emerald

100% Increased Reload Speed! Then add it on Vanilla, AK for dayyyyyyyzzzz!

Seriously though, a bonus like this would be nice, a tenth of a second can be the difference between killing the last inno who is coming around the corner at me. Though 2/4/6/8/10% I am more in favor of.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Romulus

Romulus The Alpha VIP

I just want new upgrades in general, so I can work towards different things. I vote this one +1.

5. Muffin

Muffin Fresh Baked VIP

I like the idea. +1.

6. Mr. Disco

Mr. Disco Jeff Lynne is a musical genius. VIP

+1 It's a great idea.. But for things that reload fast like the colt or mp7, wouldn't it be a little bit op?

• Informative Informative x 1
  7. Ravin

Ravin Determination VIP

Doubtful. Fast reload speed with a weapon that already reloads quickly doesn't break it. like .5 reload with 10% is barely noticeable from something like a barret that has like a 3 second reload time and it drops its reload time down to 2.70 or something like that would be very noticeable.

• Like Like x 1
  8. paper

paper legends never die VIP Silver

I like this idea and I think the price for it should be fairly high.
    +1

9. Mason

Mason Banned VIP Silver

EDIT: I don't think this is a good idea as new players joining would have a significant disadvantage in combat whereas other upgrades don't affect it nearly as much.

If you first join the server and you try to fight someone and find that everyone can reload faster than you and makes it harder to kill, would that really be fun?

Last edited: May 20, 2015
    • Dumb Dumb x 6
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  10. Carned

Carned ✘o ✘o VIP Silver Emerald

Something to finally spend my 150k on.

+1

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  11. Ravin

Ravin Determination VIP

Lets think about what you said for the moment.

"New players have a significant disadvantage."

We already have custom loadouts, more veteran players have guns they like to have and will -always- have the gun they are good with. Radars that scan faster, Health stations that heal quicker, DEATH stations what heal Traitors, and faster crowbar swing, which all in the right situation make it extremely difficult for new players to work with until they have played for weeks on the server to acquire the upgrades.

Most of the guns we use, honey Badges, AK-47, KAC, Double barrel, do not need to reload before killing one or more people.

A faster reload speed is minor compared to the stuff we have already shoveled out.

Last edited: May 20, 2015
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. Carned

Carned ✘o ✘o VIP Silver Emerald

I can heal myself as a Traitor whereas a new player cannot, surely that gives me an advantage.
    I can throw 3 harpoons instead of one, that gives me an advantage.
    I can silently one hit knife you without you being able to do anything to defend yourself, that gives me an advantage.

The idea behind UPGRADING, is to make yourself better, hence having an advantage. You have no argument to say that our current upgrades don't give people an advantage in combat (minus crowbar + prop, obviously).

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. Mason

Mason Banned VIP Silver

The thing is these are all TRAITOR upgrades.
    You can heal yourself as a Traitor, sure thats a big advantage
    You can throw 3 harpoons instead of one, but once it connects you can't use it again
    You can silently one knife someone ONCE because it gets stuck in their body once you kill them.

Being able to reload faster affects Innocents/Traitors/Detectives
    And being able to reload faster than someone else brings a considerably larger edge than being able to one shot them once a round. In a 1v1 gunfight you'll be able to make use of this upgrade way more than any of the others and it would make it harder for new players to play against if a large amount of the players on the server have the upgrade.

• Dumb Dumb x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  14. Big Al

Big Al I hit em' up VIP

Isn't this a good thing then..? That way more upgrades will affect innos as well, so we don't have overpowered traitors running around.

+1

Also perhaps a weapon draw speed upgrade as well? Weapons draw pretty fast as it is so it shouldn't be too OP.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. Mason

Mason Banned VIP Silver

I would +1 weapon draw speed just so I could use the silenced pistol more.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Ravin

Ravin Determination VIP

I could add weapon draw to the suggestion if you would like Al when I get home.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Red

Red Harbinger of Arceus VIP

Heck. No. DB. -1

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  18. Ravin

Ravin Determination VIP

Updated with Quick Draw Suggestion.

19. Paradox

Paradox The One Eyed Ghoul Banned Elite

20. ShadowStorm

ShadowStorm Acting from the Shadows... VIP

I like this. We could really use some new upgrades.

+1