Rejected Update to report system

Discussion in 'TTT Suggestions' started by Onyx, Aug 13, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Onyx

Onyx New Member

In my opinion the report system is busted when there is no staff on. Many times i have been forced to play another whole map to avoid a ban because someone has false reported (whether it be a misunderstanding or just a troll) me and there is no body to deal with it.

One suggestion would to be implementing a "forgive" feature. when the accused responds, the original reporter can choose to forgive and the report is cancelled.
    Or as i have seen on many servers, disable the report system entirely (or at least the leave consequences) when no staff are online.

I don't know have difficult it would be to implement such changes, but i think it would make for a better playing experience, especially during the night when staff are absent.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. Xproplayer

Xproplayer VIP Silver

The system is worded a bit vague. If there is no staff on you can leave regardless of if the report is valid or not. If the report is invalid its closed, if its valid a slay is added to you and you'll serve it next login. And forgive feature would be a bad idea and isn't going to be added.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  3. BorkWoof

BorkWoof VIP

i like the concept but ya know it was suggested many times before and all denied

If you rdmed w/o staff, a slay is added onto your steam id. no rdm and leave ban. If it was a false report and you leave, no punishments

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. PixeL

PixeL Man märker andras fel och glömmer sina egna Banned VIP Silver

From what I've gathered, you can forgive a player by just messaging a staff online or using adminchat after the report.

As for the false reports.. If someone creates a fake report, such as reporting for nothing or something along those lines, I think it may be okay to leave, although I see where you're coming from when you have to stay since you don't want to get in trouble.

If you haven't already, you can always ask for a staff in shoutbox and someone will join normally if they're available.. If a TTT staff would like to correct me if i'm wrong in any of this, that'd be great :p

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. BorkWoof

BorkWoof VIP

Only goombas

6. Onyx

Onyx New Member

Oh right, i was just under the assumption that if you left with a report it would auto ban you or something. Thanks for the info.

7. Chris

Chris Custom Title VIP Bronze

If no staff are online, you don't have to stay until someone comes on. You can indeed leave, and if the report is valid, a slay will be added to your SteamID on that server, if it's invalid it will just be closed.

Just check to ensure no staff have joined, and if not, you are free to leave. You won't be banned for RDM and Leave by doing this.

• Informative Informative x 2
  8. (ØČĐ)™ Atlas ︻デ═一

(ØČĐ)™ Atlas ︻デ═一 Always Gray ︻デ═一 VIP

A forgiveness system is allready in place. If a mod is on the server you may contact them using @ and tell them you wish to forgive the offender. The mod will look at your case and bring it to an admin who may then issue discretion.

• Agree Agree x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.