Unreported damage must be reported (Rule fix, tweak)

Discussion in 'Rules and Protocol' started by Cats Rule, Jan 5, 2016.

?

Change the rule so that the unreported damage could be forgiven by the damage reciever?

1. Yes

2. No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cats Rule

Cats Rule New Member

The rule is absoloutley stupid. For instance i was doing wall art with crowbar and the guy ran in front of me and i got slayn... and ofc the round i was slain was TRAITOR ROUND. I swear it happens like 76% of times when i slayn then i get traitor
    NECESSARY CHANGES:
    1. When you damage somebody then dont make ravin come out of nowhere and tell you that you gonna get slain cause you dropped a barrel on somebody and they got 1 dmg or barrel explode or wall art story i told you before about. Make the mod ask the person if he forgives the damage...
    2. And another thing i'd like to have tweaked with plugins and such are: when you are slain then the server can't make the slain round be a traitor round and the slain round can't affect the traitor round cooldown (if there is) (example: for every 4 rounds u get traitor and you get slain then when you would have had traitor. Then the server would show innocent and next legit round you get traitor that you couldn't have. )

Try to understand cause it makes it so stressful to play. It's not fun when you follow rules and some idiot walks in front of you for whatever reason while your shooting and you get slayn or draw wall art and get slain cause someone ran in front of you.

• Dumb Dumb x 8
    • Disagree Disagree x 3
  2. paper

paper legends never die VIP Silver

@Asriel stop slaying him

On a serious note:
    The staff have a "Damage Threshold" when it comes to situations like these. If you deal below 10 damage on another player and the player doesn't report it, the staff that's on can't really slay you without admin discretion.

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  3. Ravin

Ravin Determination VIP

That is not true anymore. @La Vie

Any damage is slayable.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. paper

paper legends never die VIP Silver

Wait really?
    Well sorry for the misinformation, fam.

• Friendly Friendly x 3
  5. Harry Potter

Harry Potter The Boy Who Lived VIP Emerald Bronze

This will cause so much extra work for staff when theirs a million reports you might have time to see if they forgave you and also most of the time players dont know who shot them unless they look in the logs or ask -1. to the seacond thing -1 because when you rdm you might of ruined someones t round so yours deserves to be at risk.

6. Harry Potter

Harry Potter The Boy Who Lived VIP Emerald Bronze

some admins give discretion for low amount of damage but mods cant

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  7. DocFox

DocFox The Best Is Yet To Come VIP Silver Emerald

Accidental RDM is still RDM and the rule should be enforced. Sometimes players are randomly damaged and have no clue who shot them so they never report. Should that go without punishment? Trolls can also take advantage of this by screwing off with each other, but because it wasn't reported, no slay is given and it has the potential to ruin another players karma that was just playing the game the way it should be.

It's simple. If you don't want to damage someone while goofing around with a crowbar, no one is forcing you to do that. If you don't want to randomly damage someone with a prop, don't mess around with props. If you don't want to be slain for hitting someone while you could be drowning in the traitor trap, don't hit them.

In most cases, if you're playing the game correctly, playing the TTT objective, you'll stay pretty clear of being slain for RDM.

P.S. The search bar does wonders. Make sure you look for previous posts on the same subject before posting new ones.

http://www.seriousgmod.com/threads/allowing-mods-to-not-become-robots.23043/
    http://www.seriousgmod.com/threads/forgiveness-on-reports.22796/
    http://www.seriousgmod.com/threads/non-serious-ttt.14057/
    http://www.seriousgmod.com/threads/the-forgiveness-concept.13622/

Last edited: Jan 5, 2016
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  8. Carned

Carned ✘o ✘o VIP Silver Emerald

With your ruling i can go shoot everyone on the server for small damage and not be slain because i wasn't reported.

Also stop making crowbar art and play the game.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  9. Alpha Wolfy

Alpha Wolfy Nocturnal VIP

Like Ravin said, any random damage done is slayable.

Mods have to enforce this rule no matter the damage. They can however get discretion from an administrator to void it if it didn't cause much of a spur in the game or the damaged player forgives the player that damaged. Moderators cannot exercise their own discretion; it's not allowed.

I don't really see a point in adding any rules for this topic since there is a way already made and used.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. CorallocinB

CorallocinB Animeme lord VIP Silver Emerald

I never knew TTT is becoming a community built on crowbar art. I see artists all around these days in vanilla. Lots of penises, Swastikas, swear words, nudity, etc. Such a beautiful display by 99% of all crowbar artists.

Honestly though, you wouldn't have this problem as others have said you play the game you're playing. If you didn't fuck about with props for no reason. TTT =/= crowbar artist 2016.

If someone walks in front of you and you damage him, you're obviously not paying attention and therefore you're not playing the game.

Don't make the staff work harder than they do already to try to make your experience in these servers enjoyable if and only if you wish to play the game.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Falcor

Falcor ㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤ VIP Silver

Also about getting slain on T rounds. That is a source/Gmod problem. And not something that can be avoided. And getting T on a slay round is not ruining your chances/probability on getting T the next round.

12. Deepsea1508

Deepsea1508 Hyuman VIP Emerald

just wanna ask what does crowbar art do?
    does it instantly win the round after you completed it?
    does it kills all T leaving 1 behind for easy round win?
    in short dont do unnecessary things and you wont be slain.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  13. Turquoise

Turquoise Princess of Vanilla VIP

The only suggestion I can give is to do crowbar art with your sides easily viewable, or up against the wall so you can't hit anyone. Otherwise, this seems like a problem that only you experience a fair amount. Either that, or you've experienced it once and it causes you such a severe amount of frustration. Due to said frustration, you started up this thread only to be shot down by others among the community.
    I'm sorry, but this seems really rude. "dont do unneccessary things and you wont be slain"
    If someone wishes to create an art through Garry's Mod, albeit a rather slow and inefficient method in TTT via crowbar/gun, then they're allowed to. Shoot, that's what the upgrade is meant for. If you're claiming this is an unnecessary action, then a few other upgrades are completely unnecessary.

Final comment: Usually, unless a lot of RDM is occurring on the server, there will be moderators searching out for random damage throughout the round. Nothing will stop this, although they may need to double check via reporting said damager for the offense. If said staff member doesn't do so, there's always this magical thing called their eyes. Really a wonderful thing.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  14. DocFox

DocFox The Best Is Yet To Come VIP Silver Emerald

Why is this suggestion even open anymore? It's been suggested before and any other double suggestions would be locked by now.

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. Zikeji

Zikeji Repoleved VIP Emerald

Here at SeriousGmod we take TTT seriously. Not to say we don't have fun, we have loads of it!

But we have out player's backs. Unreported damage is slayable because players don't always know it was unwarranted damage and may assume it was a traitor. Instead of leaving our players confused at damage they received, we take a proactive approach and try and resolve anything that looks like RDM.

It's that simple. 10 HP can be the difference between life and death in TTT. If you do anything - especially something you don't have to do like hitting a wall with a crowbar - you take the responsibility of accidentally damaging another player.

Avoid the avoidable slays, that simple.

16. CDriscoll

CDriscoll Lemme advise you VIP Bronze

@Cats Rule,

While we are entirely open to tweaking, altering, and completely redesigning our rule set, this particular adjustment has been brought up time and time again, only to be shut down. In a long post made short, the reason we haven't altered this rule is to allow fair, comfortable, and safe gameplay for users who want the serious gameplay that we're here to offer. This doesn't mean we don't like fun, or that we're against crowbar drawing! It just means that if you damage someone for no reason, you're going to be held accountable. To put it into perspective, think that the damage you caused for that user took 20 hp out of their 100, that's quite a bit!

While not all damage is an immense amount, that's why us admins are here to give the discretion to handle situations while altering protocol when necessary. The next time you're in this situation, you're more than welcome to ask for the moderator to ask an administrator for discretion, as they won't be able to alter protocol as they see fit.

I hope this clears up issues, and gives you a new perspective on why our rules are the way they are in this aspect, and what you can hopefully do in the future when this comes up. As such, I'm going to be locking this up nice and tight.

As always, thank you for your suggestion, it's greatly appreciated! If you'd like any further discussion on the matter, you're more than welcome to add me on Steam, or begin a forum conversation.

Thanks,
    CDriscoll

• Winner Winner x 3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.