Answered Unidentified bodies and Detectives

Discussion in 'Questions & Answers' started by neutral, Mar 19, 2019.

1. neutral

neutral Banned VIP

Heya,

Based on this report: https://www.seriousgmod.com/threads/report-against-ryan.51679/

I was wondering if some clarification can be made on unidentified bodies, and detectives. Previously, camping an unidentified body as a detective would have been considered loopholing, and has been treated this way since 2015. During my tenure, I relayed that this was still true.

However, recent posts and conversation has suggested that this is no longer true. Has there been an update to this? If so, what changes have been made to loopholing to make this so? The confusion I have here as this isn't something that has been changed between administrations, nor, is an 'old rule'-- it's been this way since 2015.

2. neutral

neutral Banned VIP

I just want to clarify, my previous question because the recent update in the other Q&A doesn't exactly answer what I'm asking, so I want to be clear.

As a detective, as long as I don't move the body, is it okay to test people by not IDing it, and then killing them if they pass the body?

3. DocFox

DocFox The Best Is Yet To Come VIP Silver Emerald

Hello,

I want to tell you how I came to the conclusion that the tactic the detective utilized was valid.

So the examples given in this thread were regarding things like jihads and other examples of loopholing. However, the reason I see it as a valid tactic is for the following examples:
    Another scenario:
    As you can tell, in both situations, a Detective should be able to watch a body as a valid tactic of self-preservation, easy identification of a traitor, etc. However, the Detectives shouldn't be planting the unID'd bodies at all.

You may say, "But Mango, how will we take care of the players that abuse this tactic to make it not fun for other players!?" Well, I'm glad you asked. The easiest thing that we have is that "Actively identifying a body" rule and, if someone is going to ID a body, they can't be killed for it by the Detective or it would be RDM. Furthermore, if we see someone using this tactic in a toxic manner, it will be dealt with by means of admin discretion; similar to how Smor's situation went from that report I linked earlier. Even then, my admin asked me for the input and I originally said yes, because I thought it was body-blocking, but it wasn't.

TL;DR: Detectives can have freewill to not ID a body if they see it as self-preservation and players abusing this will be banned accordingly. Planting bodies as a Detective still isn't allowed; the bodies should not be manipulated in any way; innocents can plant, within reason.

4. neutral

neutral Banned VIP

Thanks for the clarification, it's good to see the change. It never made sense to me why it was treated differently just because you're a detective. I know at the time I made the clarification in the other thread there was some resistance to changing it.

Just to clarify here (since it was confusing enough to me that I had to DM you on discord. :p) It is considered now a valid tactic to reasonably camp an unidentified body with the purpose of testing whether someone is going to ID it as a detective, correct?

Thanks again, Mango!