Unicode Names

Discussion in 'TTT Suggestions' started by Cirtex, Sep 6, 2016.

1. Cirtex

Cirtex Well-Known Member

so we all know those people who use Unicode to make their name look a bit more 'Flashy'. Well there is a problem with this. The Unicode makes it very hard to do things like sending that person a whisper message with !P (name) (text).

Another problem is that it can make it harder to read a name. Say you whiteness a traitorous act. But you can't call the name because their name is riddled with Unicode.

My reccomendaition is in addition to the 3 English letters, have Unicode also illegal, at least for the first word in their name, that way someone can easily read off the first word and ignore the second, and the !p command will work properly.

• Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1
  2. Carned

Carned ✘o ✘o VIP Silver Emerald

Im 99% sure if my name had a heart in the front as well as the back you could still do !P Carn and it would send the PM.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Cirtex

Cirtex Well-Known Member

Im talking about names with Unicode in the main segments of their name.

4. Carned

Carned ✘o ✘o VIP Silver Emerald

From my time as staff it would still work if you just did !P <the three letters in english> and the message, however banning Unicode is really not viable.

5. Togo ✿

Togo ✿ Nobody Gets it VIP Silver

you can do !menu psay
    then there name

6. Steve Mason

Steve Mason Honesty. Banned Gold VIP

If you wanted to message someone who had unicode letters you can always open up console and type ulx psay and then scroll down to their name from the drop-down menu. As long as they have 3 English characters it's tolerated.

Hit ~ open console and type

ulx psay (Up/Down Arrow till you find the name) "message"

If you're writing a lengthy message to this player put quotation marks around your message like I did.

That's how I do it and it's pretty easy when you get the hang of it.

Or this would work as well.

Hope this helps.

7. Cirtex

Cirtex Well-Known Member

Alright thanks

8. Yes it still works like this. The only thing that affects it is that you can't type Carn and press tab for gmod to autocomplete your name. Anyways !p carn would work.