Rejected ULX Setname : To change in-game nick by Admins/Mod

Discussion in 'TTT Suggestions' started by Xerp, Oct 13, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Xerp

Xerp VIP

• Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 2
  2. Xerp

Xerp VIP

3. Adrian Shephard

Adrian Shephard VIP Silver

Nah

• Old Old x 1
  4. ok so ur gonna get this
    then what
    lets say the guy has a chinese name
    what are you gonna do, give him a new name by yourself?

• Like Like x 1
  5. Agent A

Agent A Veni, vidi, vici VIP Silver Emerald

Could be useful instead of kicking those people out.

I can see the potential, however, my concern is what name will we give them?

Not only that, is it a silent command (can't be seen by other users), or does it has a way of letting people know that this person's name has been changed?

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Elvis

Elvis TheRockStars VIP Silver

All silent commands can be easily changed through ulx.

I’d let admins decide on a default name or “John Doe” or something like that.

• Dumb Dumb x 1
  7. Agent A

Agent A Veni, vidi, vici VIP Silver Emerald

Yeah, but what if there's multiple people who don't have 3 English letters/numbers min.?

Furthermore, the reason I'm asking whether it's silent or not is because of using this command during midround, which I think it should be visible to the entire server to know that this person's name has been changed so there won't be much confusion.

8. then again, not everybody reads chat, so there will definitely be a certain amount of confusion, no?

so then I'd ask, would this command be able to be restricted for use only in between rounds? or would you kick the player after name change mid round? latter sounds kind of dumb though because the player ends up being kicked anyways

9. john redcorn

john redcorn strangers like me VIP Emerald

I honestly thinks it's best to keep it the way it is; it's easy enough to follow our protocol against names at this point in time, and this would require a reworking to the protocol and a add a potential later of confusion to players it's used on and other players playing.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Emily❤

Emily❤ The strongest light is the one within VIP Silver Emerald

Wouldn't changing a name midround trigger a kick still

11. Xproplayer

Xproplayer VIP Silver

Well I cant view the source code, but I'm assuming it just sets their name for the current session, which means the player may not even notice, the admins have to pick a name for them, and when they rejoin they'd have their old name. The current system of enforcing a kick and direction discussion with the player will teach the players to change their name before joining, rather than training them their name will be set for them every time.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Opalium

Opalium Stay Awesome Banned VIP Silver

Everything mentioned above is correct. This is not very useful,

• Agree Agree x 3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.