Typing in Chat Signal

Discussion in 'TTT Suggestions' started by STONEY, Apr 4, 2017.

1. Daddy Nexxus

Daddy Nexxus Toxi-Fessional VIP

:eek:

can't tell if you're trolling

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Zikeji

Zikeji Repoleved VIP Emerald

While I like the idea of a bubble, that shows anytime you're typing - regardless of teamchat or public (because you can't use the bubble as justification). I'd rather something more discrete like a couple animated dots (kinda like on Discord when someone is typing).

And as others have said, it could be opt-out, if you're opted out you can't see when others are typing and they can't see if you're typing.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Togo ✿

Togo ✿ Nobody Gets it VIP Silver

i played on a server when someone was typing a small lightbulb was above their head

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. STONEY

STONEY I AM FIRE, I AM DEATH. VIP

Didn't intend for it to specifically be a bubble shape or anything so I changed the title to not throw people in the wrong direction.

5. neutral

neutral Banned VIP

How about instead of putting a notification above their head, you put it on their body? Such as a small bubble on their chest and back? Takes care of all concerns of cover, etc, right away.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. STONEY

STONEY I AM FIRE, I AM DEATH. VIP

But I thought the concerning issue was the point that you would know the person was typing and take advantage of that knowledge and kill them?

7. neutral

neutral Banned VIP

I was more-so addressing the concerns about cover- but I do think my alteration to the idea would make it a bit more conspicuous as it's not as blaring as a bubble over someone's head. Maybe those concerned about it may be able to get behind it?

8. Dolph1n

Dolph1n Time is an adventure- if you know when to look. Banned Elite

A DarkRP server I used to play on had this, so it's definetly possible. They used the commentary chat bubble prop thing and just had it rotate over the individual's head.

• Like Like x 1