Two Weeks In, My Suggestion List.

Discussion in 'Minecraft Suggestions' started by Graze, Feb 2, 2017.

1. Graze

Graze Zzz... VIP Silver

Suggestions by Graze ~

1. The market is not sustainable at low rates and is doomed for inflation and large money concentrations in few people.

I have a lot of ideas on how to solve this, but the solutions generally results in either a balance reset, an item reset, or a server reset, but the first step is almost always to remove the sell option for gunpowder, ender pearls, and emeralds from the store entirely, as these can all be farmed quickly through spawners, essentially leaving fast money generation behind a flat large pay barrier. This is the easiest step that I can think of for fixing parts of the economy for now until better solutions can be thought of. (This has been essentially handled.)

2. Buff the /jobs plugin if only a little. The income from it is almost meaningless as it stands now, and it's such as good means of making money in a minecraft world where resources are hyper-abundant and farmed in large amounts.

3. Fix the antisnipe in /bid to actually stop sniping from happening. If timed right, you can just bid at about like .5 secs left to snipe the auction anyways. It's super glitchy and should honestly be looked at.

4. Check for monopolies, because I see like 3 or 4 ways to potentially start them from here, and they will legit kill the market faster than anything else. I'd go into detail about them, but I don't want to start them by any means by bringing them up.

5. If premium chests are still giving items, disable them until they are fixed as they are still generating items that can cause problems down the line. The items I'm referring to are the special named red/orange/green/pink/blue font items that will be exclusive after the chests go away. These items need to be looked at as well and have their font color removed to make them non-exclusive as well. This or add in the ability to change font color on equipment through natural means.

Those 5 recommendations are good for fixing server market health until more dramatic solutions can happen. The rest of the suggestions I have are related to other game aspects.

6. I would kinda like to see a buff to McMMo Alchemy exp generation. The skill is already slow as fuck levels 1-2 and you don't get much benefit at all until the higher levels of the skill. The buff would have to be small, but it's still needed because it would be faster to go through a desert and replace every sand block with a block of diamonds than train it to 1000 the way it is now.

7. No matter how I look at it /home is still broken for me. Broken meaning overpowered. I still have the ability to re-write old home names under new locations as long as I use the same name as before, meaning that I have 7 homes still and am just not able to rename them. I know there isn't likely a solution to this aside from making me lose all my homes, as well as most donators, but I would personally probably stop playing if that happened due to lost work. Just thought I'd bring this up anyways though.

8. Can we actually build the Mcmmo hall of heros tho? I'm so excited for it. =3

9. Can we define griefing? Like give it a definition to follow so I know what I can and can't do to people? I feel like so many things walk the line that I want answers to.
    I feel like I've had a million other things to say, but I can't think of them for now. Feel free to disagree with any of these, please explain why in the comments so I can head your side of things though. Thanks for your time!

Last edited: Feb 6, 2017
    • Winner x 6
    • Like x 2
    • Agree x 1
    • Funny x 1
    • Informative x 1
  2. POP STAR

POP STAR have a nice day VIP Emerald Bronze

I agree with a fair amount of what you're saying. It's a tough situation in regards to the economy of the servers at this current time. I don't know a perfect solution, but I believe the best route to follow is to strive for consistency and worth. If you spend 4 hours in a mine it should be worth it to be down there gathering resources. Nothing really offers value except for the same 'precious ores' like Diamond and Emerald, and to be honest these two resources feel heavily undervalued.

McMMO doesn't feel as consistent as it could be across the board. Yes, some skills are just naturally easier to level up, but that shouldn't mean only some jobs are a pain in the butt to level. If it's hard to level then It should feel that way for all jobs and not just random ones like the aforementioned alchemy. I think the value of specific skill based exp should be looked into and reconfigured based on resource, resource availability, and the minimum time required to gather that resource. People are going to build grinders, there's just no stopping that, so look into how easy that resource can be obtained through spawners or something that mass produces it.

I would also like to see Jobs pay more. I'm a level 30 miner(and it was one hell of a journey to even this far) but I've made not even 10k from breaking nearly 200 thousand blocks. This does not feel worth my time. Time is very much money in this situation, but right now it's bad money. I'd like to see payouts increase based on level of job, and a beefier jobs shop.

In regards to the market, I can't say I'm surprised prices changed so drastically in nearly a few hours of gameplay. Even if an item is worth a lot you're forced to sell it for significantly lower simply because no one has the money to afford it. This forces a domino effect and has altered our market for the worse already. The best alternative to heal it is to offer a stable income for players who put in the time. If I have a potato farm, I should be able to sell my potatoes for a pretty penny and feel proud of myself for having earned it by putting the work in(even if it's a red stone farm). I don't have values for items and the sort to just throw out there, but I strongly believe expanding on a larger market of Player vs. NPC to be able to sell common resources for an OK-ish amount is a mandatory brick in building ourselves back up.

tl;dr I want consistency and a better way to make money so everything feels worth my time.

• Winner Winner x 1
  3. CorallocinB

CorallocinB Animeme lord VIP Silver Emerald

As griefing stands currently as I also do believe it will eventually be reworded (but all of the people who make this work are very busy currently)

This is how I believe griefing can currently be handled within the servers, but I've needed clarification at times to ensure this.
    • Harassing players via griefing (boxing in players in their claim)
    • Harassing players with in game mechanics (Intentional spawnkilling outside a claim, spam of the /siege command)
    • Harassing players via chat related means (PM spam, insults, or derogatory comments)
    This relates to: Griefing is the act of irritating and angering people in video games through the use of destruction, construction, or social engineering. a serious problem for server administrators who wish to foster building and protect builders.

Destruction: The land around one's claim is utterly destroyed as to ruined the value of their claim, this also refers to playing lava or water everywhere, and spawnkilling a player

Construction: To trap people within blocks, or their claims within a block/incredibly high wall with something like obsidian, or create obscenities with blocks (No creating inappropriate content through any custom means (structures, signs, books, etc.)), creating lag for a player with massive mob spawns, boxing players in with an absurd amount of trees grown around their property to the point that it's a solid wood barrier.

It's not an entirely obvious rule, so it's always safe to ask a mod what griefing is and if it occurred to you. Griefing = harassment, and in terms of MC it's creating obscene structures, trapping players, killing them in spawn, creating lag around a user, or destruction of their surrounding property.

@Disruptionz

Last edited: Feb 3, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. neutral

neutral Banned VIP

+1000

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Graze

Graze Zzz... VIP Silver

A system with a consistent and easy influx of cash, but a lack of outflow of cash will not go far to fix the problem. Establish reliable repetitive cash sinks and I agree with you.

6. Python~

Python~ Young Bard VIP Silver Emerald

7. Veno

Veno Emerald