Answered Two unideds, traitorous act question

Discussion in 'Questions & Answers' started by iii, Nov 20, 2017.

1. iii

iii eye-eye-eye or triple eye is fine VIP

If there are two unided bodies and a, non-detective, player identifies one, but instead of immediatly moving to ID the next body stands there for a bit, maybe reading the info on the body, are they kosable?

Related to this video (even if the question is a general question) from the other thread:
    Where the player who is identifying the first body and is killed identifies the body at 4 seconds, but only looks up to move at around 7~8 seconds.

So say I identify a body, when there is two, and stay looking at the body for 3~4 seconds, can someone kill me for not moving to identify the other one?

• Like Like x 2
  2. Penius

Penius Aye man, you're shaking it all wrong VIP Bronze

There's a delay when iding the second. So from what I remember, it's a vaild kill.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  3. Pacifist

Pacifist Cynically Insane VIP Bronze

Yeah it is a valid kill. The player is refusing to id the second body and thus can be killed.

Just so we are clear here, this is an edit after all, my post here is just to give a statement from the rules. I didn't take into account the scenario and I don't think I should have. Use my statement as insight to what the rules say, and not a statement about the current scenario.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Senpai Reich

Senpai Reich THANK YOU FOR REQUESTING A STAFF MEMBER VIP

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. neutral

neutral Banned VIP

Sure. French provided a message with me in that Q&A - where in all respects, that is true. If there is a group of unid'd bodies, and you are stopping to ID one body, you are effectively ignoring another and can be killed. However, as is mentioned in the extended rules, and as I'm mentioning here- abuse of this can fall under additional punishment such as toxic gameplay. It's always best to give people a moment to ID bodies and give them the benefit of the doubt that they're doing the best to ID everything that is there.

The difference between these two threads is the timing of when French noticed the traitorous act as mentioned both in her drawings, and in her typed response. She notices the traitorous act, or at least mentions so, once he backs up from the second body. By this point, French is entirely blocking the pathway and there is no physical way for the player to reach the second body, making the kill RDM.

However, if French had noticed the body before hand (which wasn't mentioned until after the deathscene was provided), then yes- this does have a valid argument for the kill. He is in fact, ignoring the second body for a moment and may be killed for it. It is a minor detail, but just because a player does commit a traitorous act without the player noticing, doesn't mean the entire report gets invalidated. Based on the information provided in the first thread- yes. It was RDM due to the timing that the traitorous act was said to have been witnessed. In this case, when considering the question as a whole and discussing the deathscene as a whole, the player does have a moment, where if fully witnessed, can be considered KOSable.

Hope that clears up the differences here.

Helix

• Like Like x 4
    • Dumb Dumb x 1