Tweak Some Things...

Discussion in 'TTT Suggestions' started by son, May 21, 2017.

1. son

son VIP

It has come to my attention that its pretty easy to get away with a false kos. All one has to do is claim that it was called over the voice chat, and boom, you're all good.

if there are no staff online, people could just claim there was a kos over the mic by a player, and all would go well.

Recently I was kosed based off of my ak shots, the player who kosed me was a floor below me. He even stated that that was his reason for kosing me, so I reported for false kos.

Of course the report becomes a word vs word situation, but the staff is clearly playing the game, able to hear every word the player said to kos me.

Recordings are always needed for situations like that, but who records when they're just playing for a fun time?

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. andrewca79

andrewca79 Malteser Forever VIP Silver

^^^I do. I record all my gmod gameplay just in case this happens. I use up like 700 GB every 2 weeks but it's worth it. It really is the only way to be able to get proof of these KOSes.

3. son

son VIP

How many people do you know, who aren't staff, record every time they play though?

4. Daddy Nexxus

Daddy Nexxus Toxi-Fessional VIP

I do.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Dolph1n

Dolph1n Time is an adventure- if you know when to look. Banned Elite

If people are playing casually, then why would they care if they get RDMed once?

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Elvis

Elvis TheRockStars VIP Silver

I record every game that I play. If you have an Nvidea card, you should use shadowplays function of the "record that". If you set it to 10 minutes, you shouldnt have a problem with never having evidence.

I highly recommend shadowplay bc its resource requirement and take up is extremely low. However, if you dont happen to have an Nvidea GPU, I would recommend using OBS, if you have a decent enough CPU. I have the i3-6100 and I am able to record at 720p 30 fps fairly okay. Its highly dependent on your cpu, but its a good thing to have if you just want to record.

If you dont have a good enough cpu to support OBS, then I would recommend using the in game recording software that gmod offers. You can open up console and type "record <name>" and you will begin recording. When you want to finish recording the demo, you have to do "Stop" in console. @Zikeji Made an easy to use Demo Recorder, that I still use to this day when I play. https://www.seriousgmod.com/threads/software-hotkey-to-record-demo-w-date-and-time.19989/ Its super easy to download, and it automatically does the time and date for you so you wont have to fish through all of the demos to find the right one if you just so happen need to report someone.

• Dumb Dumb x 1
  7. Salem

Salem VIP

To be honest, even as staff I do not record each time I play. My surface tablet would not be able to handle that. I use the windows game bar to quickly begin recording as needed but I find it unnecessary to record 24/7 when I'm going to be playing for 2+ hours.

I don't know many people that are constantly recording but I know a couple, and as for the voice kos thing I don't think there's much that can be or needs to be done. It's unfortunate but If it becomes apparent this player is using voice koses as a way to get out of slays constantly then you can start recording.

Sucks but, I don't think anything needs to be changed.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Toest

Toest "I am the bus" ~ Falcor, all the time VIP

How do you propose we would go about something like this? What do you suggest we change/add? Keep in mind the limitations of the server :)

• Agree Agree x 2