Turn off player to player collision?

Discussion in 'TTT Suggestions' started by Will-e, Feb 18, 2016.

1. Will-e

Will-e VIP

Not sure how (though I have a few ideas), but is there a way you could turn off players colliding with other players?
    Disabling that seems like it could be useful. Bumping into one another and the infamous pool "block the doors!" and other such trapping by being in the way seems to be more of a problem than colliding with one another is worth. Also players often try to jump on top of each other's heads to get places they shouldn't.

Honestly this just came up for me because I'm sick of having my movement ruined or trick jumps ruined because someone is either unwittingly or intentionally standing in the way to kill me. Grabbing a prop might have the same effect, but it's far more effort in most of those situations than just standing in the way and then running towards them to negate crowbar pushing.

I've looked online for a few solutions and it seems fairly plausable to do.

Has this idea come up before (I couldn't find it on the forums)? If so (or I guess even if not) what reasons do we have against it?

NOTE: Please keep in mind that only 1/4th of your game is T rounds. Just because body blocking has allowed you mass kills in some past experiences...those big hype moments shouldn't be your only consideration. Remember how much you move around the map all the time as every Role (detective and innocent) and consider how much more relaxing it would be to not have to walk all the way around because of one person trolling or faffing about.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2016
    • Disagree Disagree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Sarkastix

Sarkastix Well-Known Member

3. No, player collision is a must

4. Will-e

Will-e VIP

Could you give a reason?

5. Mason

Mason Banned VIP Silver

I feel like this would be kinda buggy with hitboxes and stuff, like if someone runs into you while you're shooting and they're inside of you so you can't hit them.

• Useful Useful x 1
  6. Will-e

Will-e VIP

...we can't even hit people normally...people probably wouldn't run inside of you very much in a gun fight though yeah, someone doing that would be a litter trickier to hit at first. It's just something you'd have to learn, but it's not like you, with the same ability and feature, are at a magic disadvantage. The only real issue I can find is that a Traitor could use an innocent as a shield more effectively if that innocent is not actively trying to kill the person in question...but that would rarely happen if you have that much experience in the game.

As someone with over 2000 hours in sTTT, I can say from experience that a feature like this has a high chance of improving the games quality and removing a lot of constant issues and frustration builders. For a lot of people, so much as bumping into someone builds a very small, but very real, amount of frustration. The more it happens, the more you feel like everyone around you is holding you back, in your way, etc. Especially as a detective trying to get DNA or track it. I can't imagine the few minor issues with removing it are worth keeping it. I feel it's more of a fear of change creating these excuses, but I won't say I understand where you're coming from, only where I think you're coming from.

7. Mason

Mason Banned VIP Silver

Okay but a decent amount of times I'll purposely stand in a doorway as a traitor so the inno's can't get out while I'm getting ready to throw a frag and run or something like that.

I'd like to keep the collision in because door blocking/blocking exits is a viable strategy that some people use to their advantage.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Creative Creative x 1
  8. Will-e

Will-e VIP

You could use a prop for that still, but this would prevent what happens at least 20 times more often: trolling/accidental blocking.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  9. Derpy ❤

Derpy ❤ Supporter

Player collision is more for servers like deathrun or jailbreak, but not on TTT.
    I disagree with the suggestion.

10. ExclusiveColors

ExclusiveColors Nocturnal Rainbows ツ VIP

Player collision is a big aspect in TTT, it can impact how effective Jihads are, it can also impact trapping players. I can go on an on about scenarios that would be effected by removing collision.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1
  11. Yeah ima agree with mason and colors you would get more shitboxes than normal and its an aspect of ttt.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Ragman

Ragman hool-moh-goh-bow-bigga-bogga-walnum-bodgish-misjoo Banned VIP+

Looking on both sides of the fence on this one, I think it would do more harm than good. Could lead to more hitboxes and could be abused (For example group camping in the same spot etc) So a -1 from me.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. News Network

News Network broken Banned VIP

Completely disagree here, TTT is kinda a team game, if a member of your team decides to block doors and causes mass kills etc then it's tough. Collisions help make TTT what it is tbh

so yeah -1 from me too

14. ShadowStorm

ShadowStorm Acting from the Shadows... VIP

-1 for the reasons listed above by several people and that it would take out a massive aspect out of TTT, it seriously would be a game-changer - one that does far more harm then good. Also, players being in the way to stop you from doing certain maneuvers or stunts it all part of the TTT experience; you need to find a way around them.

If you are in the future having trouble with players blocking you, feel free to contact one of the current online staff members and they will assist you.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Communion (1989) Putlockers HD Stream Eng Sub

Communion (1989) Putlockers HD Stream Eng Sub i'm thinking i'm thinking VIP

i'd +1 this if it was for real life

but -1

• Informative Informative x 1
  16. Chewie

Chewie deadrun mod VIP Bronze

Thought this would help with all the trolls trapping people in the corner or stalling the ladder, the amount of situations that would be negative towards this addition, doesn't compare and and would have a greater and more negative impact, so I'm going to -1.