Rejected TTT's RDM rules punish you for using your brain. Here's how to fix it

Discussion in 'TTT Suggestions' started by kimjongdong, Aug 17, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kimjongdong

kimjongdong Banned

TL;DR: first paragraph = proposal; other paragraphs = full explanation. Please read my explanation before you throw out my idea, I really think this would make the game more fun for all of us

TTT punishes you for using your brain, and that needs to change. This happens because of the rules regarding killing on suspicion; I'm proposing a rule change where killing on suspicion is ONLY punishable with a slay when an innocent (teammate) is killed.. but NOT at the start of a round ( killing a T in, say, the first 15-30 seconds, would be the same as before).

I know what your thinking, but please hear me out!

Serious TTT, and every other TTT server I've played on, treats all murders done by innocents that did not see any of the specific "Traitorous act" criteria, equally. This causes problems because there is a potentially infinite amount of situations where someone does something traitorous or repeatedly suspicious, but only a finite amount of acts & situations listed. My rule accounts for this by not punishing people who have developed new, brilliant, and most importantly reliable ways of detecting a traitor. Some examples are people who are good at seeing lies, reading body language (how someone aims and acts), and deducing (ie process of elimination).

Now, you're probably thinking about how this would "open the floodgates to legions of RDMers." Yet, the rules will still stop them from wreaking havoc! As the number of T's is much smaller than the number of innocents, anybody trying to randomly guess would STILL find themselves slain, likely sooner rather than later. Let me clarify, the point of this rule change is NOT to encourage guessing! The point is to ENCOURAGE REASONING! Furthermore, people who don't or can't reason correctly still get punished, encouraging them to be less aggressive and become better at reasoning!

Let's now talk about HACKERS. Just like before, script kitties may come by with the ability to magically see all T's. There's a huge difference between someone using scripts and using reasoning: unlike a program, people aren't perfect. Admins should be able to tell if someone's cheating just by spectating them, but if not, ridiculous, repeated detentions should give them away. A good example of what I mean is that someone who's good at seeing lies will still be killed just as easily by a T who keeps his mouth shut, which can't be said of a script kitty.

To sum my argument up, all I ask for is more leniency. I have been susing out traitors more and more lately, and I hate how every time I shoot first at an obvious end-of-round T, who someone already called suspicion on and was clearly lining up a shot, I get reported and get slain. I'm not an RDMer, and I'm perfectly willing to accept the consequences of being wrong, but what really hurts is being right while getting punished all the same. To me, that's a textbook tragedy.

But, this isn't all about me. I strongly believe this change will train all of us to become better detectives, a skill not just useful in video games, not to mention the fact that this would make punishments more fair by not punishing people with good intentions or reasons.

I can only ask for you to consider my request. I'll admit, if implemented it would take a little getting used to. It's up to you to decide whether or not it to use it. Thanks for reading

• Dumb x 5
    • Dislike x 1
    • Agree x 1
    • Funny x 1
    • Optimistic x 1
  2. Dodley27

Dodley27 Dolfin VIP Bronze

So I could rdm someone and if they turn out to be a traitor I can claim "I could tell you were lying" and get away with it

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. Jabba the Slut

Jabba the Slut That's Kinky! Lead Admin VIP Silver

We will not be allowing kills on suspicion.

Rejected.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. Voca

Voca o.o Administrator VIP

To add a reasonable arguement against your suggestion.

What you are explaining is not to use your head to figure out who Traitors are, what you are explaining is acting on gut feelings and High suspicion.

We already have a rule that allows using your head to figure out if a Traitor committed a T act that you didnt witness, and that would be our common sense rule.
    Common sense is a rule I have been playing by ever since I joined the community in 2016 and if I played enough with players, I have learned to read at least some players actions based on which role they are. But that doesnt mean I can go kill him because they are acting like they are a traitor without them commiting T acts, that would cause more issues than it would solve.

Before I joined SGM I tried another TTT server where you could kill a person just because "I heard gunshots and you Identified a body" and staff would be like, well you did kill em so not much to do there. Leaving someone who actually thinks about all the possible things that could have happened, with open mouth on how servers would allow randomly killing on Suspicion without any evidence to support the kill.

If ya want to become a future detective I suggest you try playing by the rules of common sense with 100% certainty, rather than pointing fingers at random people hoping that you did point out a Traitor.

• Winner Winner x 3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.