TTT_Stark

Discussion in 'Maps' started by john redcorn, Apr 17, 2018.

1. john redcorn

john redcorn strangers like me VIP Emerald

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1341095779&searchtext=ttt

Abstract in nature, Stark is built around using the map's unique lightning and style to your advantage. With several static landmarks to guide your way, players either hide in with the stylistics of the map or go complete rambo without a care.

Map Features:

- Three Traitor Traps
    - Ball-shaped props to carry and possess as spectators
    - Default color changing player models, allowing you to blend in

Probably not the best map to land on a random map vote, but could be great fun with a crowd wanting a unique experience.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2018
    • Disagree x 4
    • Like x 3
    • Optimistic x 2
    • Dumb x 2
    • Agree x 1
  2. Carned

Carned ✘o ✘o VIP Silver Emerald

We should test this.....

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. ink

ink Genuine Happiness VIP Silver

Bright white on Pitch black is one of the best ways to scar my eyes in the dark. I don't want to turn down my brightness settings just to play on this map. You really need to do something with colors.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. dazza

dazza Banned VIP Bronze

absolutely not, i would rather have lasertag back , nice to see leads taking the map suggestions so seriously

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. CrownedWings

CrownedWings Quirkless but still kickin VIP

Well put it on the test server I say then make a better vote for it to have it on the servers

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  6. Scotty

Scotty Heroes come and go, but legends are forever. VIP Bronze

I'm sorry wink just looking at the preview on it was hurting my eyes let alone being in the actual map itself. But based off of what I can see with that map it kinda looks like Devoz which doesn't get played all that often and if it does land on it gets RTVed fairly quickly. I have to -1 to this sadly.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Bacon Bombs

Bacon Bombs Matthew 1:25 New Testament VIP Bronze

I mean, sure it is worth a shot on the test servers, but from just looking at the pictures I can already tell this is going to be a pain in the but for some people's eyes.

8. neutral

neutral Banned VIP

I feel like the contrast of the images versus the surrounding website is really throwing some people off. Download the map and try it in game.

I honestly can't say +1/-1 to this. It's so unique, that I'd like to try it out before forming an opinion based on the images alone.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. Scotty

[​IMG] [​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Confusing Confusing x 1
  10. neutral

neutral Banned VIP

Ah good point. I too play TTT from the skybox.

• Funny Funny x 4
  11. Agent A

Agent A Veni, vidi, vici VIP Silver Emerald

While the concept is unique, I don't exactly think this would be a "great" TTT map.
    After fooling around for a bit, my biggest grip with this map is being able to see where you are going.
    The colors sometimes make you think that the area ahead is where you can walk forward to, but you're just going to fall down instead and take fall damage.
    If what the creator said about player models is true, then it's going to be a bit difficult to see the players.
    While I don't have the script, if we do spawn in that area with the statue of some person/alien, it's going to need nuclear treatment and have the spawn points be moved around.

Honestly, I think this would be probably frustrating map to play in, considering the creator's statement from the workshop:
    Not being able to see the player if you observe (besides putting cursor over the person) isn't exactly what I would considered fun.

On bright side, the creator did promise bouncy props, which is true.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1
  12. Scotty

Alright since you wanna call me out for it here is a run through of it.

• Like Like x 3
  13. Mr. Disco

Mr. Disco Jeff Lynne is a musical genius. VIP

FULL Support here.
    @The Fake Blade

Have you tried adding players?

Also no idea how everyone's eyes are so sensitive these days.

Doesn't bother me at all, and I have 20/40 vision. (or so they say I do)

PLAYERS ARE SUPER VISIBLE. There's small areas you can hide, but you could easily be grenaded.

You'll have lots of fun on this map

At one angle you can't see a guy, but if you turn you'll see him easily.

This map is all about skill, doesn't hurt my eyes. You'll have to use your eyes for this one. I tried it with bots, super useful when a bot just runs against a fucking wall, but ya know thats a bot for you. nice find wink, though idk how to read the timers placed throughout the map. the symbols didn't make sense and no one turned white help gaben.

Yo also the floors in most choke points turn the opposite color that they originally were before you stepped on them, for example, white turns black when you step on them, and back to white when you aren't on them (vice versa)

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

small negative. There's literally no cover from what I can see, and with people as visible as they are, it would either be easy for traitors, or hard.

also @The Fake Blade to address your claims of the mirror. you can clearly tell who you are. if you're moving forward and that thing is moving with you, it is a reflection. Play it with bots. That mirror brings an advantage. Its like driving a car, you have something to check your angles. You aren't going to get sniped when looking at your beautiful black skin :ROFLMAO:

oh and the thing you don't know what is for is the clock i am pretty sure.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  14. BanananaHead

BanananaHead Member

My biggest question:

Which server do you intend this to be on?

Even the map creator himself stated that:
    "If you run a server with custom playermodels or stores they will appear black constantly (or whatever color they are if they glow) its a bit less fun but works all the same."
    I'm also wondering about custom weapons: Will the custom weapons that SGM uses: change color, stay one color, or have their default textures?
    With these issues in mind, it may not be the best idea to add this to the non-Vanilla servers.

However, it also lacks a Minecraft aesthetic, so you run into that problem as well for the Vanilla servers.

The map itself has a really interesting and unique aesthetic, but to me it seems that it just doesn't belong on either TTT server types.

Going to have to be a [-1] from me.

15. Vent Xekart

Vent Xekart VIP Bronze

As much as I think the map looks visually interesting, I do have concerns about the monochromatic lighting (or lack thereof), the color correction and the textures of this map and how it could affect gameplay for other players. Sorry, I'm going to have to give this a thumbs down. -1

• Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1
  16. Togo ✿

Togo ✿ Nobody Gets it VIP Silver

+1 sounds like tony stark

• Dumb Dumb x 1
  17. Anonymous1

Anonymous1 do you know how it feel to feel alone VIP Bronze

+1 very very unique. Would be really cool to play, and would mix stuff up.

• Confusing Confusing x 1
  18. CrownedWings

CrownedWings Quirkless but still kickin VIP

Yeah it’s an eye strainer and now when I look at it, it’s bothersome since there is no color

19. MemeDaddy

MemeDaddy VIP

-1 elder tier level shitposting.

20. Carl

Carl Kachow! VIP

Major -1