Dev ttt_mc_rooftops_2016

Discussion in 'Hobbies' started by Shepsky, Jun 4, 2018.

1. Shepsky

Shepsky Active Member

Hey everyone! I decided to make this thread to show a map I'm making based on ttt_rooftop_2016, but... minecraft style.
    My plan is to make a map good enought to have an opportunity on entering the map rotation on Vanilla-minecraft.

I'll be posting the screenshots and all, but this is very very early progress, so don't expect much.

I'm currently making the level on Minecraft, but there's a problem... the software that turns minecraft worlds into GMod maps is made for minecraft version beta 1.7, while I'm making the map in 1.12. This makes the software skip all blocks that were posterior to that version, and they are A LOT.

My idea is to replace the blocks you'll see on the screenshots with blocks avaiable on beta 1.7, and then change the textures on hammer editor, but... that will make the production time of this map much much longer.

This is the progress bar for the world of minecraft, once finished, I'll put here the progress bars of the work on source engine.

MINECRAFT MAP:
    [||||||||_________] 40%

And here are the screenshots of the work I already done on the world:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 12
    • Winner Winner x 4
  2. Zuko

Zuko VIP Bronze

Looks good! :D

• Like Like x 1
  3. Lordyhgm

Lordyhgm Spiteful smells Lead Admin VIP

What software are you using for the conversion?

4. Carl

Carl Kachow! VIP

We already have a mc rooftops we just don't use it I believe
    Unless something changed

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Confusing Confusing x 1
  5. Scotty

Scotty Heroes come and go, but legends are forever. VIP Bronze

We dont anymore.

As far as the map goes at the moment it looks nice my dude. And some criticism the roof in the second screenshot looks a little too tall. There is supposed to be a little lip there that you can survive off the top of the roof. With how tall that is and Gmod physics you probably wont survive it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Nice one, need T trap or T room

7. Rauno

Rauno   VIP

We had it for a while but the version was terrible. Shepsky's one will certainly be way, way better.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  8. Shepsky

Shepsky Active Member

I'm using sourcecraft

Yeah, probably you're right, It looked too flat when using slabs that's why I decided to use stairs, but I think I have to go back to the slabs again. Thanks for the feedback! :3

9. Ashes Relandi

Ashes Relandi ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Weeb Admin of TTT Administrator VIP Silver

This one actually looks a lot more smoother than the one we have.

How is the fps though?

10. Shepsky

Shepsky Active Member

This is a WIP, it's only on minecraft atm. We'll see the fps once it's ported to source.

11. Cereal KiIler

Cereal KiIler gib banan VIP

Don’t forget the T traps and the Axe, though

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. The Law

The Law You fought the law and the law won. VIP Silver Emerald

As long as the textures aren't fucked up like the original then it's gonna be a winner. Thanks for making this, I as a Vanillian thank you!

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Scotty

Not necessarily. Switch between slabs and then do a normal block maybe. It would be good if done correctly. If you dont get what I am saying then I can make a quick little vid and show off what I mean.

14. The Cuddle Team Leader

The Cuddle Team Leader Banned Elite

we need this.

15. Miss Alice

Miss Alice winky face VIP

I don't even like Rooftops but I kinda like this.

16. Shepsky

Shepsky Active Member

#UPDATE#

For some reason I can't edit the main post, but I'll add the work I've done here, (note that the blocks are provisional, I'm only making the shape and it still need the details)

Minecraft world is like 80% done. there's only a few things left an I'l proceed to import it to source engine.

Also, if anyone knows how I can edit the main post I'll apreciate it. :)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. Scotty

How is our friend roof coming? Curious to see if any changes were made there.

18. Shepsky

Shepsky Active Member

[​IMG]
    This is all I can do xD

• Like Like x 1
  19. Boomshakalaka

Boomshakalaka VIP Bronze

Whoops

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. BorkWoof

BorkWoof VIP

You cant edit/delete ur post after a while

Even if we were to still have it, this would serve as a good replacement because it would hopefully actually function properly and (hopefully) have those neato secrets in the 2016 version

TOM SELLECK PIXEL ART FLOATING IN THE AIR PLS