Dev ttt_HighRise - Coming Soon!

Discussion in 'Hobbies' started by Yawn., Apr 7, 2014.

1. Yawn.

Yawn. Previously known as Kindle, Books, Pages.

First suggested by @Neon Barbarian, brought to my attention by our all mighty ruler Jong-Un Highwon, HighRise for TTT. (SeriousTTT, specifically.)

2014-04-07_00001.jpg

Here's a to-do list before it gets done, I'll try and update it as things come and go. If you have any thoughts about the map, from concepts you'd like to see added to something you saw you didn't like- just post below and I'll reply ASAP.
    • Fix de-compile issues.
    • Fix pervious mapper's mistakes.
    • HD-ify and add some actual color besides bland yellow bleh.
    • Set-up for TTT. (From game logic, to actually making props intractable. This was a CS map after-all.)
    • Add in-depth 3D skybox. (No longer does the fall just lead to a cut off.)
    • Force death upon fall.
    • Finish Melon Heaven/Spectator Playroom.
    • Easter egg. Shhh.
    • Add T-traps. (T-room if there's a use for it.)
    • Place weapons/ammo down.
    • Optimize, optimize, optimize.
    • Optimize some more, because god knows how much this map lacks it.
    In the distant future after this is done, I may also consider revisiting this map and doing more with it. Such as a feature where the innocents are meant to collect randomly placed parts to get the helicopter working and escape, or something of the like. That's for another time however.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2014
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Skyrossm

Skyrossm Ideal Female Moderator? VIP Emerald Bronze

Looks good, also OPTIMIZE

• Like Like x 2
  3. Amazing

Amazing Veteran Member

Me gusta

4. Fool

Fool VIP

Yes!

5. If we can snipe from the building in the back, +1

• Like Like x 3
  6. The Law

The Law You fought the law and the law won. VIP Silver Emerald

+1. So many great memories from this map. It would be awesome to have it added onto the rotation!

Last edited: Apr 8, 2014
  7. Yawn.

Finally finished optimizing it, took nearly five hours undoing all the damage he did trying to optimize it and completely optimizing it from scratch. All that's left is T-traps, and I'd love some ideas if anyone wants to suggest any. Either way, it should be ready for play within the next day or two depending on how much inspiration I get for the traps. Want to keep it as unique as possible, as always.

8. Patrick

Patrick Ex-Deathrun Administrator VIP Silver

If it is possible, you may want to add a traitor trap, in which the lower level pipes burst, killing peoples

9. Orion

Orion He is Exalted Administrator VIP

I think I know where the Easter Egg might be, if you can climb the crane...

10. shadowdragoon66

shadowdragoon66 hic sunt draconis VIP

I don't know if they are in the GMod version of the map, but in the MW2 version there were multiple printers in both offices. If they have something similiar in the GMod version you might also look into rigging them to explode when activated by traitors because people camped near them all the time in MW2. Perhaps if you decide to add a T room, you can make a portal up to the top of the office building like you could get to in MW2(see video below to refresh your memory). A good location for the T room would be in the office building with the cubicles in one of the offices or maybe in the room beneath it. It offers decent cover for traitors so they aren't seen too easily while still making it possible for people to pass by and see them enter.

• Like Like x 1
  11. BeastlyMcKinley

BeastlyMcKinley You mod, bro? VIP

I loved this map so much it was by far my favorite. And if I cant go up the crane to that part on the second floor of the building, I will cry.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Yawn.

I'll look into it. The pipes bursting may be a bit too much on performance, but a deathly air leak is another story. Could set it up to where the trap is randomly placed, that way people can't predict where the trap might happen.

That's a great idea for a T-trap, I'll look into making it. As far as the t-room, I've already picked out a great place, but thanks for the suggestion. Just not sure if a t-room will quite make it, unless there's a use for it.

Of course you can make it up there. ^.^

• Like Like x 1

13. I suggested to @pages that maybe the Window washing machines leads down to an open window that is the T room (can only be activated by a T) and that the window only opens when the Window Washing thing is activated so that way no innos get in.

14. Husky

Husky Euthanasia VIP Silver

There should be a secret series of events that sets off a nuke for the traitors to win! ^.^

15. shadowdragoon66

shadowdragoon66 hic sunt draconis VIP

You mean something similar to this?

16. Husky

Husky Euthanasia VIP Silver

About the same, but not the objective

17. Kythol

Kythol ok Moderator VIP

I just have some questions:

Will we be able to get onto the roof of the building?
    Will we be able to drop down on the side near the helipad?
    Will you make more remakes of MW2 maps? (SPECIFICALLY QUARRY, SCRAPYARD, SKIDROW, AND WASTELAND?) MW2 is my favorite Call of Duty game and I'd love to see more MW2 maps.

18. Yawn.

Yes to the first two questions, the map features every area you'd find in the original. As far as the last question, I heavily doubt it. While it's an interesting suggestion, I've already got a lot on my plate to-do, let alone finish my own personal projects.

19. The Law

The Law You fought the law and the law won. VIP Silver Emerald

I'm assuming you mean the Suspended Platform's for window cleaning?
    I got an idea from that: Add a T trap to those to make the cords snap and the platform fall, killing anyone who was on it at the time. Should be a nice simple T trap.

20. DeathShot

DeathShot VIP

some t traps could be like electrifying the generator area in the middle temporarily, creating an explosion by the tank next to the crane, and possibly make a t room with extra weapons, teleporters to either side or even the top of the roof if its accessible to everyone