TTT_BlockCity_DD - Vanilla

Discussion in 'Maps' started by Stylarr, Jan 5, 2016.

1. Elvis

Elvis TheRockStars VIP Silver

Oh i am so sorry. I completely lost track of time that night and i forgot to do it. I am going to sleep soon, so i will test it first thing tomorrow morning.

2. Elvis

Alright so i couldnt sleep, so i decided to try it out. I have a demo being recorded over as i type this and it will be rendering and uploaded by the next hour showing the map.
    Lets get started shall we

1. The traitor tester can not be broken still. I have damaged each part of the tester 50 times and it did not break. I even tried an M16 and even had to spawn in a shotgun and started shooting it and it didnt break. So i dont know if that is something that isnt added, or if that is a bug.
    2. The entrance I am not worried about, but its highly un-needed.
    3. You added the gold block that i found right away, so thank you for that. The t tester does work, and it does good.
    4. The creeper trap is still slow as ever. Why dont you make it to target players but going the average player speed or maybe a tad slower.
    5. The guns spawn is still extremely low. At one point of the video i started to shoot at locations where a single weapon can be found. 1 weapon would be in that place if you go to it.
    6. The map is big, but im not worried about that.
    7. You added the files in with the download, so now console isnt overloaded. That is good.
    8. In the T tester, the block that lets you escape still traps you if you dont get outa there quick. In the video i show you just how it works.

The main things that need to be fixed, are the creeper trap, the gun spawn, and the t tester thingy.

3. Stylarr

Stylarr Regular Member

1. was removed
    2. Its there to drop grenades or kill players who test from above
    3. gold block was always there it spawns in 30 random spots.
    4. Creeper trap will stay as is, its impossible to make it follow players (atleast not with my knowledge)
    5. Ill add more, but theres enough for 40 players
    8. you have 3 seconds to escape, Ill increase it to 5 but 3 is enough.

4. Elvis

Okay then good to know about the T tester being removed.
    The iron doors are able to be shot through, so why have the door at the top? I mean, if the doors, and the fire werent there, then hell yeah for that door.
    I can show you at least 5 demos where i have looked through the map and couldnt find the gold block. What happened to only 16 locations?? Please make it easier to find at maybe 7-10 different locations.
    It is possible to make the creeper target players, you just have to code it correctly. I have seen it done, but i unfortunatly dont have the coding powers to do so.
    I dont know if there is exact 40, but i can tell you there arent a lot.
    If you go to use the block to get out, you sometimes get stuck and have to move a bit to get around whatever it is blocking it which makes you get stuck.

5. Elvis

Since the demo is 90 percent of me trying to destroy the T tester xD I will remake the Demo and have a showing of the full map instead of 8 minutes of me trying to break the tester xD

6. Stylarr

Stylarr Regular Member

[​IMG]

17 gold block spots and theyre all on the map, Ive checked them all. Made iron door solid except for the windows.
    Im not going to code a traitor trap because 1. I cant 2. it would just go through the ground if it did follow players.
    Increased time & added more guns (meh)

now 1h 20m to compile it.

7. Elvis

Alrighty then nice. I am uploading the video of the map rn so give me about 10 minutes and ill have it up.

8. Elvis

Skip to 0:25 for the start of it, but watch the first few seconds as it shows the overview of the map. For some reason the video messed up from 0:04-0:25 so just watch from there. I am sorry for the lag in the video, as xsplit is a cunt of a video service. I seriously want this map in the rotation please consider this map .

• Informative Informative x 1
  9. Chai

Chai returned; VIP

To program an algorithm just for the sake to follow a player?
    Not worth it

10. Stylarr

Stylarr Regular Member

• Useful Useful x 1
  11. hello my friend

hello my friend ciao amico mio Banned Elite

Good work so far, I kind of like it. :)

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  12. Chastity4lyfe

Chastity4lyfe *Eye roll* VIP Silver

Wow it looks really good! Great progress! I would like to try this map out personally.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  13. Carned

Carned ✘o ✘o VIP Silver Emerald

We tested this map last night.

Excellent map, it'll get a live test very soon!

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Elvis

Damn it took a while xDD

Great choice btw (y)

• Like Like x 1