ttt_alien

Discussion in 'Maps' started by Big Al, Nov 1, 2014.

1. Lightning

Lightning Bringing the Thunder VIP

+1 Loved it while testing

2. Sinz

Sinz crumble VIP Silver

Added to the rotation.

• Winner Winner x 5
    • Like Like x 2
  3. Wex

Wex The enemy of art is the absence of limitations VIP Bronze

I have a couple questions:

1. How many possible locations can the keycard spawn?
    2: How many possible locations can the USB spawn?

I've been playing testing this map alone to find the secrets. I've managed to open the door to innocent win but I got lucky on the keycard and usb spawn.
    I've found out only 2 locations for keycard spawn and 1 location for usb spawn, and I've struggled to find the others.

4. Big Al

Big Al I hit em' up VIP

There's 10 keycard spawns I think, and 5 USB spawns.

5. Pacifist

Pacifist Cynically Insane VIP Bronze

I wish the the lights out trap was easier to access... Most traitors don't take the time to open the med lab (As they are too busy killing people). I like all the cool traps, But I doubt I will ever see them be done, On account that finding the key card is really hard.

6. Quantum

Quantum Active Member

This map is a pretty good for Jihads.

7. FrostedBlade

FrostedBlade Through victory, my chains are broken. VIP Emerald

Big Al, first and foremost I want to thank you for taking the time and effort to create a map explicity for our community.

My honest opinion of this map is that it is excellent (y). Firstly, I really love the map design. It's corridors, junctions, and lighting really lend to the atmosphere and create a spooky dynamic for the gamemode. The cooridors are spacious, yet the layout of the map gives rise to many opportunities to create singularities among small groups of players and individuals. The junctions well placed, not so many that it becomes a maze, and not too few that it becomes a traffic jam. The lighting is phenominal. Whether I talk about the red alarm-style lighting, the low-leveled blue lighting, overhead corridor lighting, or the welcoming comfort lighting of select rooms, I can't say enough. In my opinion, the lighting is a huge part of the atmospheric experience, and it really does it's job in creating that space-station feel.

Some readers might be thinking, "okay, so he can throw some textures and models together, and add some lights. What's the big deal, Frosted?" You went the extra mile and made the map interactive. Power consoles have to be switched for select doors to gain power, and for lights to be turned on in select rooms. I really love that I, as a player, have the ability to toggle the lights on/off for whole--single rooms, and I think that this function alone set's this map apart from others.

Not only is the map interactive, but it also has an objective. This is awesome! I'll even go as far to say that this map would not be half as good without the objective. I say this for a number of reasons which again lend to the atmosphere of the map. In itself, ttt_alien is not a huge map in my opinion. This is not a problem at all. Some corridors are long, and some are short. Junctions are either 2-way, 3-way, or 4-way. Some rooms are connected, and some are not. Adding the objective changes the focus for some players, and it works out phenominally on ttt_alien. There are advantages to unlocking the secrets of ttt_alien for both the Innocent, and the Traitors. Some players are hunting the secrets, while others are following. Some players are hunting traitors, while others are watching their own back. Some players are being tested, eager to prove their worth. No matter which perspective you look from, there is plenty of fun to be had during any role on ttt_alien.

I don't want to go into too much detail here, but the locations for the items that unlock the secrets of the map are clever and inconspicous. This is the only thing that I am willing to say about the secret objective, so as to not spoil all of the fun. I will say that I think that you did an extremely good job with all aspects of the objective.

Let's talk about the Traitor-only aspects now. Of course not all will share my opinions, but much like the other dynamics of ttt_alien, I feel that the Traitor interactions are perfect for the map's playstyle. There isn't really a 't-room', which is great. This eliminates the issue with some Traitor's that like to hide behind their near-impenetrable walls, whatever that reason may be. Don't get me wrong. There are a number of Traitor-only areas that can be utilized. The caviat is that there is no reason to stay in them for long periods of time, there are no traps to camp, and no teleports to dive through. Like I stated above, this isn't really an issue when you take into account all of the opportunities that there are for Traitors to eliminate their foes.

I will look forward to playing this map in the forseeable future whenever I get the opportunities to do so.

Overall, I think that @Big Al did an outstanding job in planning and creating ttt_alien, and I will personally look forward to anything more that he may have to offer our community in the future.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2015
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. Big Al

Big Al I hit em' up VIP

@FrostedBlade thanks for your input, it means a lot. When you do something for free, credit is the only thing you can get from it. It's reviews and feedback (positive and negative as long as it's constructive) that have an effect on content creators. I wasn't planning on making anything else for the community but I didn't realize how much some of you enjoyed it. I'm out of ideas for now but if someone gives me a cool idea or I come up with one I'll flesh out another map.

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  9. Enigmatica

Enigmatica The Song Lives On Banned

@Carned since you disagreed with FrostedBlade's response, I'd like to hear your thoughts on it.

10. Happy

Happy Laughter is the best medicine. VIP

+1

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Old Old x 1
  11. Sinz

Sinz crumble VIP Silver

• Winner Winner x 1