TTT T/D Shop alias config

Discussion in 'TTT Discussion' started by Will-e, Feb 11, 2016.

1. Will-e

Will-e VIP

So I liked binding and rebinding a lot, and I love creating purchase binds that go through a list of items to buy for me as I play.

That might not have made sense so let me explain:

TTT has a command to buy shop items (not pointshop mind you, there are no commands for that):
    In order to use that command though, you need to know the items weapon name (or in the case of the armour/disguiser/radar, their number). The full command for even something like a knife comes out to "ttt_order_equipment weapon_ttt_knife". Not the end of the world, but a bit of an eyesore to bind.
    So I created a config file that shorten's all those down into much simpler commands for prettier binding or on the fly usage if you type faster than you use GUI's.

An effective way to use these commands is to create a bind to purchase a set of items as you have credits to do so. Since some items can only be bought once, it means you can set up neet little things like:

//this will use my aliases so it looks nicer
    alias meta "armour;knife;harpoon;radar;mp7"
    bind key meta

Now when I press that key, I'll get armour and a knife. I can go knife a detective and instantly get another credit to press the button again for harpoon, hit another detective, press it again for radar (and maybe even an mp7 at this point depending) and hunt down the rest, buying more mp7s as I run out of ammo and get credits. I never have to open a menu.

This is it so far (I might've missed something so let me know)
    In order to make use of this, you'll need to create one or two files in your "C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\GarrysMod\garrysmod\cfg" folder.

The one with this code we will call "quickTTT.cfg" (if you don't know how to make plain text files with different extensions instead of .txt, look it up). Then in your "autoexec.cfg" (if that doesn't exist, add it the same way), add a line like:
    If Gmod is already running, use "exec autoexec" in the console, otherwise this will be run on startup.

If you notice though, I don't have one for deathstation (it's commented out) because I can't figure out it's weapon name. It doesn't seem to follow normal conventions.

If someone knows what it is, please tell me.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2016
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. DocFox

DocFox The Best Is Yet To Come VIP Silver Emerald

I hate to burst your bubble, bu this is in the extended rules guide; it's a post created by @Sinz with credit given to @megaboy.

• Useful Useful x 1
  3. Silent Rebel

Silent Rebel Lead Shitposter VIP

We all know you LOVE bursting people's bubbles.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  4. Will-e

Will-e VIP

Did he put in how to buy a deathstation? How about armour? Side note did he even fullfill the real purpose of this post and create as easy to use config?

I was simply restating the command and it's purpose at the beginning in case people didn't know about it so my post made sense. I don't recall seeing much other than a minor mention of this command in the extended rules, but I'll take another look.

EDIT: You were right, he covered quite a few including a couple I missed and the deathstation.
    But @Sinz didn't know you could bind armour/radar/disguiser so I got him there.

Again the purpose was to make it easier to bind them. I'm going to update the config now.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2016
  5. Carl

Carl Kachow! VIP

Anyone, know the name of the gauss rifle?

• Old Old x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1