TTT rules are flawed and require a major fix.

Discussion in 'Rules and Protocol' started by Soul, Mar 19, 2016.

Tags:
?

Should the "3 second rule" be implemented into the TTT rules and guidelines?

1. Yes.

2. No.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Soul

Soul Banned

Hello fellow terrorists,

Today I reported a player for killing me after successfully defending myself against a Traitor
    He took absolutely no part in the fight at all, he just stood there waiting for someone to die to finish them off because according to the rules it's okay to kill someone who just killed another player even if it's defending yourself.

Most players give no more than 3 seconds time for the "winner" to ID the body of the person they've killed. But nowhere in the rules does it state something like that.

The mod 's excuse for not giving him a slay is that "True, but the rules don't state that you have to give them those three seconds" However it's common sense to assume that and give them time to ID the body otherwise what happens is what I give in my example scenario.

This thread isn't an insult or a report against that mod. It's an act to raise enough eyebrows so players can see how faulty the rules that have been setup are, and vote for them to be fixed.

Imagine this scenario: A traitor starts shooting at an innocent, but the innocent successfully kills him, however halfway through the firefight a player witness it all. Not knowing who killed who, being the trigger-happy bloodthirsty moron (yes, please do take offence.) they are she/he finish off the winner. And if there was another witness they can do the same. Causing a chain-reaction of RDM. And a pile of reports that the mods find worthless because the rules are too "narrow". And if a report is made all it takes is "anyone who is shooting towards another player is a T act" to use as their defense and they get away with it.

Because of this the majority of RDM-ing reports are ignored and nobody is being punished for it.

I vote for the rules to be FIXED!

Create a 3 second rule where people are expected to wait a maximum of 3 seconds before killing off the "winner". If no body has been identified within that time frame they can be killed off.
    This 3 second rule provides enough time for that event to be carefully examined within the admin/mod's damage logs whenever it's used as a reason to kill or self-defense in a report. If the firefight was long-ranged and ID-ing bodies would've been impossible to do within those 3 seconds, someone else can ID the body and prove their innocence. Until that body is identified they can be placed in either high suspicion and not allowed to change location unless told otherwise by the respective detectives and if they change their location they can be KOS'd for doing so.

• Disagree Disagree x 8
    • Dumb Dumb x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. Soul

Soul Banned

Saved.

3. ZeRo

ZeRo :sneaky: Banned VIP Silver

Sounds like this is a suggestion. I'll move it to the appropriate section.

Edit: Also, you might want to check this thread out. Your suggestion was covered before and handled by the administration back then.

4. Noctorious

Noctorious Your Best Nightmare VIP Emerald

Maximum? Do you mean minimum?

How many seconds does it take a traitor to turn and kill you after winning a firefight?

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Alpha Wolfy

Alpha Wolfy Nocturnal VIP

There's already a rule for this: five second grace period.

• Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 2
  6. Noctorious

That's actuality the opposite of this post

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Soul

Soul Banned

@Guilty I also noticed that the thread you linked was very old and nothing has changed since then. Care to weigh in on that as to why the "grace period" hasn't been implemented yet?
    @Noctorious I meant what I said. Maximum! Any more would be too much time to think of an excuse, hide behind a corner, or cast a teleporter to return to your safe location.
    @Alpha Wolfy There is indeed, but it's only to a handful of honorable players. What I'm striving for is for this to be enforced and put into the rules so everyone is expected to follow them!

8. Silent Rebel

Silent Rebel Lead Shitposter VIP

If I've learned anything playing with @Angelx, it's shoot first and ask "how the fuck did angel kill me" later

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. Noctorious

What this is saying is, you have to kill the winner in 3 seconds or less, since waiting 4 seconds would be over the maximum, but .5 seconds is under the maximum

10. Soul

Soul Banned

@Noctorious What you just did was find a loophole in my words, and I've seen people getting banned for that. What I meant by that is that you need to wait 3 seconds before you kill them otherwise it's plain rdm.

11. Noctorious

What I did is what a lot of players would do, which was why I suggested that you say minimum, meaning at least 3 seconds, no less, maybe more if you want to analyze. Which is closer to what you mean than maximum, which means 3 seconds or less, no more.

• Useful Useful x 1
  12. Noctorious

5 second grace proud actually protects trigger-happy players from being slain for killing someone within 5 seconds of then iding a player they killed as traitor

13. Soul

Soul Banned

@Noctorious Correct. Thank you! What I meant to say is 3 seconds or less.

14. Soul

Soul Banned

Can the people who disagree with my suggestion, provide a response as to why? I'd like to know.

15. Mr. Disco

Mr. Disco Jeff Lynne is a musical genius. VIP

Ratings are pretty meaningless. They won't respond because they don't want to put time into this thread, or they have no reason and want to follow a bandwagon.

Listen bud, it takes a big movement to get the rules to change, and a big movement usually doesn't happen for something minor like this. It's not really a flaw either, it's just how it is. It's why I don't play TTT. This server has the best rules, but TTT will always be the same with the "x second rule" people will still shoot you not knowing about it. Either pick to play the game or just don't. I picked not to play it because of this and all of the other autism and favoritism.

• Dumb Dumb x 9
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. Soul

Soul Banned

Thank you for your input, I am in the process of leaving actually but I wanted to raise an issue before I left and see if it went anywhere.
    It makes me wonder now though, if they so meaningless what is the point of having them? Are people becoming so lazy nowadays that instead of saying why they disagree, they'd prefer to click a single button to express their opinion without being helpful in any way?

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. CorallocinB

CorallocinB Animeme lord VIP Silver Emerald

Ok, reason is this shit is god damn fucking stupid. I will fucking address each and every one.

Current rule being: Commit any traitorous act you can be killed for it regardless if who you killed shot you first. Guessing, you were immediately killed AFTER you killed the traitor. Well, your suggestion in a bit will be quite complicated to implement as well as handle for staff and players. There's better ways to handle yourself trying to kill a traitor and to prevent others from killing you.

Depending on the circumstance, If the player doesn't do it immediately they're dead in at most 1.5 seconds in my book. Why should there be a rule where YOU MUST WAIT 3 SECONDS TO SEE IF SOMEONE WILL ID A BODY BEFORE YOU KILL THEM. WHAT IF THEY TURN ON YOU AND KILL YOU BEFORE THOSE THREE SECONDS ARE UP? TOO LATE MATE.

The mod was right. Common sense within this scenario is context based and you will run into slow ass players who will go off on people the moment they fire a gun. I'll still be damned if I watch someone kill another person and I have to wait three seconds before I can kill them for not IDing the body.

The rules here are better than the majority of TTT communities, so much so that they're blatantly copied in many other communities.

Ok, Ok, Ok, Of course, Yep they're allowed to based on their stupid nature. If they want to act on 50% context and take the chance to kill a T at the risk of losing their karma they're allowed to. RDM chains will occur regardless, no rule can prevent that. Mhm. Yea, well if the logs match up then that's that based on the rules they're damn well within their rights.

Because they shouldn't.

I vote no.

No. I will not wait 3 seconds to see if the "winner" will ID a body or not. What if this "winner" is running away and or towards me to go kill another person or me? Also, be more specific with this rule change. "If no body has been identified" what, so he can ID someone else's body and he'll be ok? This 3 second rule provides the traitor with enough time to kill at least 1 more person and the mod/admin won't do jack shit because it's a T killing the helpless innocent who watched this shit. IF IT WAS A LONG RANGE KILL IT WAS A LONG RANGE KILL. WHY DRAG OTHER PEOPLE INTO YOUR QUARREL FILLED RULE. SHIT'LL CAUSE MORE COMPLICATIONS.

This is bullshit and that's me being awfully damn generous because I got some work done today so I got some happiness in me but now you got me spicy.

[​IMG]

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  18. Ravin

Ravin Determination VIP

This has already been discussed in very vivid detail recently as shown by the link Guilty had posted. The community rested on not changing it.

To end it, Ill end it the same way Steven did and lock this thread.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.