Rejected TTT Replacement models/Dreaded C_models

Discussion in 'Weapons' started by RainyKitsune, Sep 22, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RainyKitsune

RainyKitsune Bark! VIP

In advance, I apologize if this is in the wrong section. Wasn't sure between this or off topic or development, but I felt this was the most sensible place. Feel free to move it if it isn't.

So, here's what I'm trying to do. Pretty much everyone here knows that TTT uses Counter Strike Source weapons as their models.

What people may not know is that in Garry's mod 13, brand new models for CS:confused: were created. Instead of having V and W models, there is now a new thing called C models.

What the hell am I talking about? Well, I'll explain in short:

V Models are what you see up close. The things your player holds in front of their screen.

W Models are guns that exist in the world. These are separate and not the same model you see in front of your face.

C models were a new kind, that not only combined those by having a new unique model, but also by having hands no longer be a part of the V model, and instead specific to the skin.

This is a short explaination.

Now, what I'm wanting to do is essentially cosmetic mods. Not adding more weapons to the game or anything, but cosmetic stuff. These exist on another site, with lots of mods for CS:confused:. I hate the clunky look of TTT's weapons, and wanted to fix it, so I found a bunch of mods I liked, but then came a new issue.

CS:confused: doesn't have C models. All of these mods are done with v and w models.

I don't know if it's even possible to port them. As far as I know, they have to be remade from the ground up.

Which leads me to ask. Has anyone made Source mods work for TTT? Or, is there a way to force TTT to look up V_Models instead of C_models?

• Like Like x 1
  2. Pacifist

Pacifist Cynically Insane VIP Bronze

I am not sure what you mean but yes.
    +1

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. Dolph1n

Dolph1n Time is an adventure- if you know when to look. Banned Elite

If I understand what you mean, then TTT should use C models because Gmod uses them and TTT just piggiebacks off the code of gmod.

4. RainyKitsune

RainyKitsune Bark! VIP

TTT uses C Models. Yes. What I'm trying to figure out if there's a way to instead have it use V_models for the cases of things such as mods and the like.

5. Dolph1n

Gmod uses all three.

6. RainyKitsune

RainyKitsune Bark! VIP

GMOD uses all 3. TTT does not. From my understanding.

I can get CSS mods working just fine on GMOD, but not TTT

7. Dolph1n

You're actually backwards- TTT uses V and W models, not c models. C models are used in newer games to sorta condense the file sizes for models and mats.

8. c_models are in TTT and they make all the valve viewmodels look weird.

[​IMG] < CSS v_models

[​IMG] < TTT c_models

Last edited: Apr 2, 2017
  9. Dolph1n

C models don't work correctly with TTT's hands. Soon I'll upload a side by side comparison of V models and C models.

10. it still has the positions of a c_model weapon and ive been trying to change this back for the longest time so all the viewmodels from valve games look normal again

11. Yatty ☄️

Yatty ☄️ Yatt'em VIP Silver

You can make Viewmodel hands work with TTT. However some playermodel's hands don't look very good when holding weapons. You can still apply source weapon skins from GameBanana, heck you can even use workshop items as well. Renaming the right file and putting it in your garrysmod\download folder should work. If you'd like a detailed guide I wouldn't mind doing that if enough of you are actually interested in this sort of thing.

• Like Like x 1
  12. RainyKitsune

RainyKitsune Bark! VIP

I would appreciate it. I couldn't care less about the hands. I already have a workshop addon to change the gloves for me.

And, I've been testing to try and see if I was doing something wrong when installing the skins, but when testing some CS:confused: sweps, those are reanimated and reskinned just fine. I can't get anything done otherwise though. I've tried making a Cstrike folder in weapons, but I don't know about the download folder, specifically. I might have to tinker there as well.

13. Xerp

Xerp VIP

So, If you rename a viewmodel, into a C_model, you can see the custom skin in game, but the weapon will be on left side.

There's one fix that is not rerigging it, you gotta change in Server's script , to flip only that gun's viewmodel.

This option can be done only by developers, duh.

• Old Old x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.