TTT level and exp

Discussion in 'TTT Suggestions' started by NeverEnding, Feb 14, 2014.

1. NeverEnding

NeverEnding It's Never going to end. Trust me on this. VIP

TTT level, Exp, and achievement.

This 3 would make a perfect bang on the server.
    maybe like Killing a innocent/detective as a Traitor get 10 exp
    killing a traitor as a innocent/detective get 30 exp

Level up according to exp rates like
    Level 1 =50 exp
    Level 2 = 250 exp
    level 3 = 850 exp.
    and so on

achievement like
    100 traitor kills
    10 Fun round champions
    and so on.

2. Killamarshall

Killamarshall Hmm... interesting.. Smite anyone?? VIP

the achievement idea has been suggested a couple times already, but as long as the "level" doesn't affect any game play mechanics and its kind of like a rank i don't see it being a problem.

3. NeverEnding

the level as a sense of achievement and commitment.

4. RhazhBash

RhazhBash Professional Button Presser VIP

as long as these levels are retroactively added to players that have been here for a long time then i support this.

5. Chronos

Chronos VIP

6. RhazhBash

RhazhBash Professional Button Presser VIP

not true. i do pro 360 no scopes all the time. this is totally COD.

7. Meta4

Meta4 VIP

I am gonna have to give a lot of -1. Adding a leveled system does nothing but increase competition where it doesnt need to be, with a system of achievements I personally saw this on a server I had to watch die that my friend owned. He added achievements and leveling and all it did was encourage RDM and ghosting which sadly cannot be regulated or controlled within an achievement system without a ton of extra work for the staff. I personally think unless youre willing to also take that on, we shouldnt add this. Honestly I dont think most gamemodes in GMod need such add ons.

8. DocFox

DocFox The Best Is Yet To Come VIP Silver Emerald

-1 think about the loss of interest players could have if they reach their Max level.

9. Snak

Snak Banned

OR Give's players who have 700+ hrs (me) something to re-interest themselves in, just a basic lvling system woulden't be that bad, I don't want any perks to be included but just something to work at would be nice.

10. shadowdragoon66

shadowdragoon66 hic sunt draconis VIP

Why not have endless levels with point rewards for when you hit certain levels?

11. Meta4

Meta4 VIP

But that's the same thing as all of the other suggestion posts on the point system.

12. Snak has everything that is in the pointshop

13. Zikeji

Zikeji Repoleved VIP Emerald

Okay, let's say, 10XP per kill, -5XP per teamkill.

Teamkill -5XP only applies to the round, so if you got a legit kill and a team kill your overall would be 5XP, but it would never cause your XP to go down outside of the round.

Level one would be 100 points(10 kills to get to) and each level increments 275% of the last level's XP amount

You get to level 1, your next level is at 275 XP, which means you have 175XP to the next level. And so on, endlessly.

As for incentives, something like a unique jihad sound could be interesting. Special incentives like that are better than points imho.

14. Killamarshall

Killamarshall Hmm... interesting.. Smite anyone?? VIP

this sounds like a good solution.

15. How about each achievement has some form of reward such as poinsts or skins?

16. NeverEnding

That's sound great aswell.

like i said the slow and painful point system is giving me a hard time hitting it high. but if ur a regular and not a afker and when you keep playing the game. most likely ur gonna get lot's of kill. those kill can be converted to point thus making it a advantage over the afker For points.

17. Frag

Frag Click Click ` BOOM! VIP

+1

Add xp for legitimate kills on innocents & traitors & minus xp for any rdm.
    This could probably help prevent some people from rdming since they more then likely wouldn't want to lose xp points. Not to mention, it can also give the server a more competitive feeling. The point of the game is to work together, but why not have something to show for it.