ttt grace period

Discussion in 'TTT Discussion' started by cynder, May 2, 2020.

Tags:
  1. cynder

cynder ice queen VIP

ok honestly, this rule is extremely stupid. But the rule itself isnt what i want to talk about. Its when you actually ID the person you are killing as a TRAITOR and yet someone STILL kills you for it. Why isn't this an exception in the game? A player has abused this grace period TWICE to rdm me after killing and IDing traitors. He doesn't even begin shooting me until after I ID the body. Why is it he can get away with this? It seems to me this supports rdm and toxic gameplay more than anything :/

• Dumb x 5
    • Agree x 1
    • Disagree x 1
    • Confusing x 1
    • Friendly x 1
  2. john redcorn

john redcorn strangers like me VIP Emerald

It’s to prevent confusion. If a player knowingly abuses the five second grave period knowing damn well you killed and ided a t tell your dad on him

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1
  3. cynder

cynder ice queen VIP

if anything it creates MORE confusion and can cause mass rdm chains. And He did do it twice in a row and he saw me id the them as traitor (they were also kosed in chat by other people) and yet he still cant get slayed for it apparently

4. Elvis

Elvis TheRockStars VIP Silver

It can be considered toxic gameplay. Bring it up to an admin.

• Winner Winner x 1
  5. Moleman

Moleman Dr Pepper Enthusiast VIP

Once you ID the body, the perpetrator has 5 seconds in which they can kill you. Basically, once those 5 seconds are up they cant do shit about it (unless you killed an innocent of course). I might be wrong but I believe it's just to give some leeway to people who didn't realize you had killed a traitor and acted on instinct.

If this happens multiple times though, you should definitely contact the staff on duty.

6. Voca

Voca o.o Administrator VIP

As mentioned by above comments, its mainly a rule created for cases of a player witnessing you commit a T act by killing a player, at that moment of time a player might take the situation as you being the traitor doing the killing. The player may have decided to kill you already for the T act, and therefor misses the fact that you IDed the body of a Traitor, which is why we allow the 5 seconds graceperiode of Confusion, so they have the chance to notice that you did kill and ID a T.

But yeah if a player seems to intentionally loophole this, try to grab some evidence and take it to the staff, if they truly are loopholing the rule, its punishable with more than just a slay.

Also I recall in the past it was brought up to shorten the graceperiode, since 5 seconds is frankly a lot of time to notice if the body was a T. But I do not know if its still being considered.

• Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1
  7. Fear☠

Fear☠ The Dark Lord VIP

No matter if the grace period is there or not, the massRDM caused by this would be more or less the same.