Dev TTT Damagelogs V3

Discussion in 'Hobbies' started by My Dime Is Up, Jan 6, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. My Dime Is Up

My Dime Is Up Its my dime to code VIP

Visit it on GitHub!

Damagelogs 2.0 has just been added to the servers, but V3 is coming out later this year. I and a friend have taken over the TTT Damagelogs Project since Tommy228(Original Maker of V1 and V2) has abadoned this project and GMod all together. We have some planned features but ATM, we are focusing on adding fixing the current problems the V2 has, file structure, and a better layout.

Listed below are things that differe from V2 and V3
    • Improved Old Logs
    Like V1, days which no logs have been recorded will not show up. The time format is also different when selecting logs and showing round numbers. I've seen from screenshots from staff of V2 that we are using old V1 system, which saves a text file to the data folder... every round is a new text file. Think about that. We now have V1 features while using Local SQL (Much better than looping through a bunch of TXT files). This also supports MySQL, so if @Highwon plans to, he can use the online version of the RDM Manager.

Also small UI changes
    Ignore custom theme. We may actually add theme support in the future
    [​IMG]

• Language support
    While this may not help SGM directly, it will help other servers that are French, German, etc. Currently, we only have English an Deutsch (Looking for translators if you have time). So no too much on this topic really, kinda simple. So how it works is simple, we just have a global table and using a custom function to get a players convar, then retrieving it from the correct language table.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Planned features:
    • Ability to have RDM Manager tab and Damage tab open at once (Deaattach and reattach tab. 2 Windows.

That is currently all we have now, but MUCH more is to come soon. Check out my tree since Min (Friend) just finished a big test and hasn't been able to work on his branch much (He will merge mine to master soon): https://github.com/MinIsMin/NotYetTDM/tree/MyDimeIsUp

Leave replys and opinions, and maybe stuff you'd like to see!

Last edited: Jan 6, 2017
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Highwon

Highwon Owner VIP Silver

We are actually working on the damage logs internally to make improvements. Its currently being worked on by @Opalium and @Verified.

• Winner Winner x 6
    • Old Old x 1
  3. My Dime Is Up

Ahh I know that. I was just putting it here since its something a friend and I are working on. I may suggest it later but I don't see it having anything major to offer that warrants an upgrade for the server. Just letting everyone know what I'm up to.

• Like Like x 2
  4. My Dime Is Up

Update #1 (Update # on this post go by posts on SGM)

Shot Logs on Old Logs

I can't remember exactly which report it was (It was against a mod sadly and it was valid because of this problem I think) but they relied on the "Damage Info" tab for shots and made a mistake. This should hopefully remedy that problem by now including shot logs when using the "Old Logs" tab. I've also thought about removing the "Death Scene" from the Old Logs tab unless you are on the map in which the report was made.
    [​IMG]

Github Link to Old Logs tab code

EDIT:
    You can now resize the Shot Logs menu by hovering in the lower right hand corner.

Fixed small bug where it would open a second menu when loading a new round if you already had a round loaded before:

Github Link to Fix

Small Fix
    Min is still quite busy but has fixed a tiny bug with Lua and how it handles priority of functioning.

Github Link to Fix

Last edited: Jan 7, 2017
  5. My Dime Is Up

Update #2

My Previous Reports

If you need to look at previous reports, you can now do so with v3! The can be useful when screenshotting a person's response for why the RDM you or your response to them when you've forgot to screenshot (Best for Forum Reports). This is also useful for viewing the status for your current reports due to the notifications sliding off.

You may of been in another window and missed the notification of who is now handling your report the status of it. The addition of viewing the "Logs Before Death" for this part will be included in a later update. Hopefully, this will be good for forums reports along with the next point
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Github Link to Previous Reports code

Logs Before Death ghosting
    The reason for "Logs before death" not being enabled is due to it being a ghosting problem. Currently, we are trying to get rid of that problem with a simple solution... Being able to only see people who damaged you before your death as opposed to showing everything in between the 10 seconds before your death. Hopefully again, making forum reports easier.

The point of V3 is to help staff members and make their job easier. v3 will have some more new features in the coming 2weeks - 1month. We hope you stick around to see what we're bringing!

Last edited: Jan 9, 2017
  6. My Dime Is Up

7. PixeL

PixeL Man märker andras fel och glömmer sina egna Banned VIP Silver

Thread is now Locked.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.