Denied TrinityBlade's Appeal

Discussion in 'TTT Ban Appeals' started by TrinityBlade ⚔️, Apr 25, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TrinityBlade ⚔️

TrinityBlade ⚔️ They question the king upon leaving. VIP

Your In Game Nickname:
    TrinityBlade
    Your Steam ID:
    Linked
    Which Server:
    EU2
    Why you should be unbanned:
    Rather than asking to be unbanned, I am asking for an old ban to be voided since I believe it may have been issued incorrectly and I wish to not have a 2 week ban be seen within my ban history.

The ban I am asking to be voided is a ban issued on 17th April 2018, which was a ban by @Dark of Dutch for 2 weeks with the Reason "Spreading Gore Content".

The reason that I was banned was for stating the name of a popular subreddit which contains gore content, preceded with r/ (so r/subredditname). I won't say which subreddit it is, since I believe it is an unnecessary piece of information.

Now that I have stated why I was banned, I will talk about why I should have this ban voided. Firstly, let me just start by saying that this is nothing personal, and I 100% understand why you would ban me for this, Dark of Dutch, I spoke with you briefly after the ban was applied and you were extremely nice about it and dismissed the ban almost immediately, and I honestly appreciated it. However, I really would not like this blot on my ban history, so I am asking politely in hopes that I may be able to get it voided.

Secondly, when I posted this r/subredditname, I believed that it would be okay to post, since it is the name of a site which hosts 18+/NSFW content, rather than a link to the site which hosts 18+/NSFW content. In the extended rules, it is not clear whether names of these sites are kosher or not, and since I see many other players posting the same type of things, I assumed it would be okay. I understand that I shouldn't follow the crowd or do things others do but since people aren't reprimanded for similar issues like this, I was in the dark on the exact rules relating to this 'crime'.

Finally, the way I used this link was not to spread gore content, nor was it used in any malicious way (or intended to be used in a malicious way). The exact quote (unfortunately don't have a screenshot) was: "Don't you just love masturbating to r/subredditname". Now, from looking at that you could assume that it was used in a troll-like way and I shouldn't have used it anyway. If you did assume that, then you're 100% right, I used it to have a joke with a fellow member of the community and it was misconstrued as being used in a negative manner.

I understand that this is a situation that I got myself into and it should never have happened, and I apologize for this whole thing. I simply ask that you have mercy on me.​
    Evidence of Innocence:
    [​IMG]
    This is a screenshot from the Extended rules, and I believe that it is pretty vague on what exactly is a bannable offence. However, I will say that from this I should've known that what I did would have consequences.

Again, @Dark of Dutch, I'm sorry for bringing this up again and I'm sorry for making it an issue in the first place. I hope you know that this appeal is nothing personal.

Thank you in advance for considering my appeal.​

2. Scotty

Scotty Heroes come and go, but legends are forever. VIP Bronze

3. Dark of Dutch

Dark of Dutch The Dutchiest Dutch of all the Dutch VIP Bronze

Hi @TrinityBlade ,

First of all I can understand having a ban history might not be the greatest and I do understand why you're trying to appeal to void the ban in a whole.
    Now, to avoid spreading the content any more than it already has ( like you did perfectly in here ) I won't show any evidence or the talk that we had after I banned you since you know what happend and I don't think any evidence is needed. ( If you want any evidence then I'll post it here, I've got everything screenshotted)

I know you dind't mean to spread anything and wanted to use it as a joke but I would say that giving a direct subreddit name filled with gore and nsfw content would be spreading gore content. To make sure I wasn't mistaken I asked a admin before taking any action. Even though you already acknowledged you're mistake I do want you to know that you broke a rule and that the evidence was checked by an admin before giving you any punishment.

About voiding you're ban, I would but I do wish to have a talk with my admin before I do anything.

I'll let you know what the result is going to be later, on this appeal.
    Thank you for your understanding and patience.

Have a nice day,
    Dark of Dutch.

4. Dark of Dutch

Dark of Dutch The Dutchiest Dutch of all the Dutch VIP Bronze

I have spoken to my admin and the appeal is going to be denied.

Our reason is that we're scared that you are going to make the same mistake again knowing that you have a clean history.
    With the history intact another mistake would mean a harsher punishment and this will keep you on your toes wich is a good thing. Because this way you'll hopefully think twice before making such a remark as you did before.

I think all in all you got the right punishment, the short ban gave you some time to think about what you did and not voiding the ban will keep you on edge before making a same mistake again.

If you have anymore questions about this matter you can open a conversation with me and my admin @Smusha .

I hope that you will still have a nice day,
    Dark of Dutch.

Appeal: Denied.
    Ban: was already lifted, Not voided.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.