trapping people in rooms

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by edsel cervantes, Sep 14, 2019.

1. iii

iii eye-eye-eye or triple eye is fine VIP

Doesn't !stuck teleport you after a few seconds when there's no staff on?
    It used to

2. Python~

Python~ Young Bard VIP Silver Emerald

That's never been a thing. At least not on this server.

• Disagree Disagree x 6
  3. Panda With a Gun

Panda With a Gun CHINA NUMBA ONE Administrator VIP Emerald

If someone traps you and they’re in the position to fuck your up (in other words being very suspicious) then it’s more than valid to T bait them in hopes for a reaction so you can dome them

Last edited: Oct 3, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  4. john redcorn

john redcorn strangers like me VIP Emerald

You should only be using !stuck if you are stuck in a texture/unintended map element. Using in this scenario isn't it's intended or warranted usage.

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  5. Python~

I don't think this is true. The !motd states the following:
    "This server does not have a 3 warning rule. You can't KOS someone for following you. If someone is trapping you, use !stuck or inform the staff that you are stuck and you will be teleported out."

In fact, it doesn't even mention "unintended map elements". So basically everything about what you said is false according to even the most basic rules.
    In other words, this is the intended usage.

I didn't know you could just make up rules as an admin tho ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. MemeDaddy

MemeDaddy VIP

Weren’t you a lead for a long ass time?

• Funny Funny x 3
  7. john redcorn

john redcorn strangers like me VIP Emerald

https://prnt.sc/pejqva

Tried getting that changed awhile back, pretty sure it got glimpsed over due to the c4 debate back than.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 2
  8. Python~

if you "only teleport people if they are stuck in a texture" then you've been doing it wrong for over 2 years at this point :oops:

as an admin, i would hope you don't just follow your own made-up rules

edit: i would also hope you wouldn't spread misinformation as a trusted member of the community

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  9. Pacifist

Pacifist Cynically Insane VIP Bronze

Alright calm down there buddy. First of all, yeah, trapping players can be seen as harassment, and as such we move players if they are being trapped by others. That being said, the staff member has the right to reject a !stuck request if they do not feel that it is necessary to move the player. Context is important. For instance, if you get stuck in a trap that should kill you, the staff member shouldn't move you. They should just slay you.

I am not sure what this thread is about, i'm just responding here because python wanted me to.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Old Old x 2
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  10. Python~

big brain gamer moment

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  11. or
    or you mods can simply accept that asking someone if they re a t will not always give you the correct answer. but why should i care about your opinions anyway? i will simply get a slay for killing a t like i always end up getting.

12. the problem started me getting lock in a room by a t, a c4 been somewhere in the map and he telling me i was gonna die, i kill the t, he reports me. mod gives me a slay which i believe is unfair since i had all the reasons to shoot and didnt know of the stuck. i leave, i get ban for a week and left the game for about 2 or 3 months since i always get slay for killing a t.

13. Scrungy

Scrungy VIP

This is an underrated comment. Thank you @veL

14. Scrungy

Scrungy VIP

You should have done a forum report

• Agree Agree x 1