Tranquilizer M9

Discussion in 'Weapons' started by Smusha, Mar 10, 2017.

?

Who doesn't like dragging unconscious people into secluded locations ?

1. I sure don't

2. I do........ if they wake up

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Smusha

Smusha Meme Marine & Staffin' Machine VIP

So I was thinking about the weapons that we already have on the server and I just remembered that this exists.
    It's a silenced semi automatic pistol that knocks people unconscious(ragdoll state) for some time.
    Hitting someone in the head will instantly knock them down while hitting someone anywhere else will tranquilize them over time.
    I especially see this gun being used in rounds where there's only one inno left with a bunch of T's.
    However I honestly see this working both as a T and D weapon.

Pros:

-
    Can knock people out instead of killing them
    -Knocked out people can be dragged with the magneto stick
    -Fun and gimmicky
    -Sleek design
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I have tested the weapon myself since a very old TTT community I used to play on had this add on and I can say that from my personal experience this gun is very fun to use.

The Gun: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=319075224

M9 In Action :

You can see it in action several times during the video aside from where I left the timestamp. I do apologize for not being able to find one taken in TTT though

Last edited: Mar 10, 2017
    • Like Like x 2
  2. AAAAAAAAAAAAA

AAAAAAAAAAAAA coolgamer VIP

Would prefer this as a D weapon, kinda like a tazer. A gimmicky weapon that isnt really overpowered because you would probably be better off with a jackhammer but it offers a fun playstyle for people that dont wan't to get their armpits sweaty.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. JackThePumpkin

JackThePumpkin VIP Bronze

If this received a few tweaks I could see this as a D weapon.

4. Xaxago

Xaxago "Goodbye Mike"-Eleven VIP

Dont really see a use as a T wep but great as D wep.
    +1

5. Definately a good D weapon, lets say someone refueses to test. Knock their ass out and drag them to the tester. >:3

+1

• Like Like x 1
  6. Hyper ✿

Hyper ✿ peace lata VIP Bronze

I would definitely like to see this is the detective arsenal. This could be a cool little trick to putting those baddies to sleep. My one concern is that it may have many downsides:
    - Getting stuck in walls after waking up
    - Being too OP (maybe make it a two shot tranquilizer instead of a 1 shot)
    - Problems with recording damage if you are to magneto stick the body (could cause RDM problems)
    All things considered, I will be standing neutral on this suggestion. If it gets some tweaks or maybe these changes are already made, I would love to see this added.
    In conclusion, "I think justice could use a little nap" Carned

• Useful Useful x 1
  7. Smusha

Smusha Meme Marine & Staffin' Machine VIP

I see what you mean by your concerns but I truly believe that the last problem is the only real one to begin with.
    Without some extra coding detecting damage dealt to sleeping players by smashing them against stuff will surely be a little tricky.However , we do already have a number of tools which we can use to identify this kinds of damage ( such as propkilling).
    As for the other two issues you mentioned:

-During the two years I spent with my old TTT community nobody never got stuck after waking up.
    -As for it being "too op" because of the one shot tranq to the head I beg you to take a look at the SL8 , Colt , Raging Bull or Desert Eagle which all kill people in one shot to the head as well.
    Aside from those weapons mentioned above we also have the AK and the double barreled which are both arguably "Too OP" as you said.

Besides , I don't see this weapon being used any more than other "gimmicky" gadgets such as the malfunctioning pistol or the silencer so any problems associated with it shouldn't be too frequent.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Hyper ✿

Hyper ✿ peace lata VIP Bronze

+1

• Friendly Friendly x 1