TPA Protection/TPA Trust in claims

Discussion in 'Minecraft Suggestions' started by Juice Juice™, Feb 4, 2017.

1. Squidd

Squidd VIP

I feel like a broken record, but these two above me are saying exactly what I would say. You have the control ober who you TPA to, and who TPAs to you.

You could create a jail cell for when people TPA to you. Accept the TPA in the jail cell and as soon as they warp in, move outside of the room. Make sure its locked up correctly with claims and doors, and for extra precautions, you can airlock it by have to two rooms/ doors to exit the holding cell.

.. or just don't accept TPAs from people you don't trust.

2. Zikeji

Zikeji Repoleved VIP Emerald

That jail cell idea is baller. However, when someone does a TP request to me I just /spawn or /warp market and then /tpaccept.

3. Mr Butters

Mr Butters For a few to be immortal, many must die. VIP

Im against it and I havent killed a single person.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Juice Juice™

Juice Juice™ VIP Emerald Bronze

Everything about this server as it stands encourages deception, fear, and doesn't give any room for alternate playstyles. There isn't going to be a PVE server because we don't want to split up the community, but there is going to be a much smaller community if you're going to be so inflexible all the time about PVP and it's mechanics. You MUST be entirely in favor of PVP, or hide in the corner and don't play the game. You are going to lose a lot of players that way.

5. Juice Juice™

Yes, so let us make a Rigid system that doesn't allow for validity or trust. We will ensure that players that don't like PVP will never be happy, because there is absolutely nothing they can do to avoid it while still playing the game. We can never have any sort of middle ground, and will always live in fear of each other unless we know powerful people.

6. Zikeji

Zikeji Repoleved VIP Emerald

I haven't killed a single player yet. I haven't even been to the PVP arena yet.

But I'm against the idea. We don't need TPA to hold our hands like a baby. We chose who we can trust and who we can't trust. If I don't trust someone I go to the market or spawn before accepting their TP request. They can't kill me and neither can I kill them.

And I'm not sure where you're getting this "there is absolutely nothing they can do to avoid it while still playing the game". I have 50 hours on the Minecraft server and I haven't had a single person even try to kill me. I'm avoiding it pretty well aren't I?

And yet I have a large base, alot of resources, etc.

7. Harry Potter

Harry Potter The Boy Who Lived VIP Emerald Bronze

Your pretty much the only one complaining.

8. CorallocinB

CorallocinB Animeme lord VIP Silver Emerald

Why is this a thing?

If you're going to get killed by a boy you TPA to you, or someone you TPA to, keep in mind that it's your responsibility to make sure you don't TP yourself to a PVPer or TP a PVPer to you.

You make the choice, to /tpa <name>, as only you can type it in or to /tpaccept as you can only type it in.

I'm against this idea completely. It's your responsibility to not get yourself killed. Play with people you know you can trust, not people who you're familiar with in the community just because you see their name around. They may not have the same play style as you.

FURTHERMORE, why is this being suggested on the coattails of the new PvP re-work coming soon? This will be completely negated since there will be cooldowns and PvP during periods of the day or what have you depending on the new dets on the rework when they're out.

With that said, I'll be waiting for the hate.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Yatty ☄️

Yatty ☄️ Yatt'em VIP Silver

What about girls? What if we tpa to a girl? What happens then?

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  10. CorallocinB

CorallocinB Animeme lord VIP Silver Emerald

One moment

Gender neutral response:

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  11. Juice Juice™

No I'm not. I'm just the most vocal about it because I actually give a shit of other people other than myself enjoy the game.

12. Squidd

Squidd VIP

Im pretty sure the server is never going to be good enough for your playstyle. Not enough (check "nobody") feels as strongly as you do about this. And being the most vocal has honestly just been a headache. Instead of costantly berating us with this "state of fear" crap, come uo with a GOOD suggestion that is balanced and easily implemented, and not something that would just work for you regardless of how everybody else feels.

We get it, you don't like how the attitude of players are in game about PVP and morality questions. You'd rather we all come together as a community and build this big village and all be a big happy family but thats just not what this is or will ever be. If you cant accept that, or refuse to accept that, that save yourself (and the majority of us) the headache and move on. And I mean that in the nicest way possible.

• Dumb Dumb x 1
  13. Zack

Zack Shepherd of Fire VIP

This plan just SCREAMS lava moat, doesn't it @irritatingness ?

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Juice Juice™

Yes, and your constant attack of anyone that has an idea that isn't 100% in favor of PvP is so much better. You seem to have some impression that I want everyone to hold hands and make rainbows, which time and time again I have stated and shown to be the last thing I want. You just don't read what I say, and make assumptions about it all the same. I want a game that everyone can enjoy to some degree, not just those comfortable with a small handful of playstyles. So please squidd, kindly fuck the hell off?

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  15. Squidd

Squidd VIP

[​IMG]

16. Azure

Azure Into each life some rain must fall. VIP

Immunity is silly; you should either be certain the person won't kill you if you TPA/TPA to them, or be ready for a fight and not have stuff you're afraid you'll lose on you.

Though, I still think /home and /tpa could use having some sort of cost in the form of something like redstone/lapis to slightly reduce their power. ;)

17. Juice Juice™

Constant sarcasm and dismissal of ideas you don't agree with isn't trying, dude.

• Dumb Dumb x 1
  18. Zack

Zack Shepherd of Fire VIP

/tpdeny

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. Juice Juice™

Here is my question, then: What is the downside to having a short TPA protection?
    Or making it so you can't TPA into claims from someone that doesn't have trust? From a PVP perspective, this makes the game more exciting, because you can't bypass defenses.