TPA Protection/TPA Trust in claims

Discussion in 'Minecraft Suggestions' started by Juice Juice™, Feb 4, 2017.

1. Juice Juice™

Juice Juice™ VIP Emerald Bronze

As it stands, people can trick people to TPA (or be TPA'd to) to them, and often are capable of killing that person before they can even properly load up. Giving a minute of immunity to both players would make sure everyone is actually capable of fighting back, so the game can load.

As to TPA trust, it would just be an additional layer of permissions, or make it so people spawn outside of the claim like they do in water temples, so that you can't suddenly be swarmed by people you never accepted into your home, bypassing what defenses you might have simply because you trusted or thought you could handle one person. There is already an immense amount of distrust and fear of each other on the server, and this would be a good step to remedy it without compromising gameplay .

• Useful Useful x 1
  2. POP STAR

POP STAR have a nice day VIP Emerald Bronze

can i tpa to you?

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. EhhChris

EhhChris Advisor. VIP Silver Emerald

Maybe a minute (too long imo, maybe 20 seconds?) of immunity, but tpaing outside of a claim is likely not going to happen (I won't program it). Not only would it be a huge PITA to make, it'd be susceptible to several other issues, and generally be annoying.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Elvis

Elvis TheRockStars VIP Silver

Sometimes you have to deal with "PITA" situations? If you could actually code that, it would be a big help to a bunch of people. Saying "Im not going to deal with something just bc its hard" shows alot of what kind of person you are just saying...

Anywho.. I think the immunity is a little bit too long. On an old community I was apart of, they had something like that. They tested out several times, and found anywhere from 20-30 seconds was good enough.

• Dumb Dumb x 3
  5. Noctorious

Noctorious Your Best Nightmare VIP Emerald

It would be irritating?

• Funny Funny x 2
  6. EhhChris

EhhChris Advisor. VIP Silver Emerald

PITA being it would be incredibly difficult to hook a plugin without proper hooks for checking inside their claim system, and then appending that to the tpa command in another plugin without proper hooks (Essentials).

Not to mention the fact that people could be moved to unsafe areas etc.

I try not to judge people on things I have no knowledge of... might be a good way to approach things.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. Hyper ✿

Hyper ✿ peace lata VIP Bronze

original joke

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Juice Juice™

A minute, or even longer, would be nice because it would prevent people ambushing others through the use of TPA system. It is literally a game ruled by fear right now. A minute would give a player the opportunity to teleport back home should they find themselves suddenly teleporting into lava, say, or surrounded by cave spiders, enemy players, or any other number of things that can kill them because they decided to show a little bit of trust.

Would putting TPA on trust be more feasible, then? Just someone to make it a little bit safer and less painful for players. I only mentioned TPAing outside of claims because that is what happens with water temples, so I thought it might be something you could just copy the code over with a little modification.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  9. Juice Juice™

If you want. I've started TPAing people I don't know into a room filled with redstone lamps and twelve cave-spider spawners :L

10. Mr Butters

Mr Butters For a few to be immortal, many must die. VIP

Can I ask how is it that you are being "tricked" if you choose to accept /tpa's and then get killed how is that anyone elses fault but your own? You either accepted to port to them thinking you could trust them or ported them to you thinking you could trust them, just trust friends or people who actually have good intentions, dont be like "OOOOH a tpa request from that random person I might of spoken to once" *gets killed* "yo this is some bs TPA is trickery"

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  11. avukyi2r3

avukyi2r3 VIP Emerald

People used TPA to teleport past my doors and kill me remove TPA please or allow me to toggle PVP. I'm seriously considering quitting and regretting donating at this point. I'm quite sad.

• Dumb Dumb x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  12. Mr Butters

Mr Butters For a few to be immortal, many must die. VIP

EVERYONE I have spoken to has said this is not a thing, as /tpa does not even work like that from my own personal experience, so if you could provide anyone with proof of this, I am sure @irritatingness @Deathbyrussian @Disruptionz and any other MC staff will punish those for using it and the devs will work on a fix.

13. Yatty ☄️

Yatty ☄️ Yatt'em VIP Silver

The ONLY WAY this works is when there isn't anywhere for the tpa command to take you. AKA if the room was too small this can occur, however to my knowledge that is the ONLY WAY this can be done.

14. Harry Potter

Harry Potter The Boy Who Lived VIP Emerald Bronze

-1 as stated by Mr. Butters if you TPA someone into your base it's your fault if anything happens. We already have it to where you can't set homes in bases (which is kinda BS) but when you TPA someone into your base that you don't trust completely, you give them the opportunity to kill you. Now if you're talking about exploiting into a base I'm with you.

In my opinion PvP is a integral part of Minecraft, I kinda wish we enabled griefing but considering how many people are complaining about PvP griefing wouldn't work. Yesterday giraffe tried to kill me and now he's trying to find my base (Won't happen) now I have to be ready for him. There's no getting tricked into a TPA request you either accept them or deny them, if you want to do a trade simply type RTP with no gear and you'll be good even if they try to kill you or use the /EC command.

15. Amr

Amr Benevolently Committed VIP Iron

@Giraffe

16. GuyOfRainbows

GuyOfRainbows Member

1 minute is entirely too long, although tp trapping people adds a bit of caution for players (even though I will never tp trap someone or kill them after they tp me to them unless they hit first), I think perhaps a 10 second pvp timer after teleporting would be good, to allow someone to tp home if they are caught in a trap after tping.

17. Juice Juice™

Yes, PVP is an integral part of minecraft, but with The TPA system you can get an entire party of people past someones defenses without them having any say in it.
    As to the trickery part of it, yes. It encourages lying to get an easy kill off people who don't know any better, or who thought they could trust someone they thought a friend. All in all, it makes for a very poor mechanic to help the community, instead further dividing it.

Like I said above, it is another way that encourages lying and deception. The entire "blame the victim" mentality anytime something bad happens is also getting really old.

We're going to end up losing a lot of players, both now and in the future, if there isn't any bit of middle ground fast. You'll notice the only people actually against TPA immunity are those that would use it to kill people anyway. Yes, if you TPA to someone, there will be a little danger. But you shouldn't have to worry every time you TPA someone to your home that you're going to invite the entire server. You agreed to one person, not their friends.

18. Juice Juice™

For a lot of traps, especially those involving water or lava, 10 seconds isn't enough because they have to float down to the bottom. Not to mention that a lot of people take at least 10 seconds for their game to properly load after teleporting. I myself can take as long as 30 seconds.

19. Graze

Graze Zzz... VIP Silver

Silent, I'm going to give you a single post that explains something here and I hope you take it to heart. I used to be like you in all of this. Really I did, I got fucked over super hard in the past and lost it all more times than I can count. You gotta adapt.

"Yes, PVP is an integral part of minecraft, but with The TPA system you can get an entire party of people past someones defenses without them having any say in it."
    First of all, this is ENTIRELY incorrect. You had all the say in it by accepting the TPA in the first place. You legit said yes to the possibility of having 19 people in your home killing you.

You complain about a community ruled by fear.
    Why are you the only one that I see complaining instead of adapting? Others might be scared but they do what they need to to get things done, and they still have a fun time on the server. They don't whine about one death because they know that death is just an aspect of the game at this point. They can't just cater to your needs here. You HAVE to be flexible. I've said it once, but I'll say it again, if you don't like this, don't play on the servers.

You state that the blame the victim mentality is wrong.
    Honestly, it isn't. This is a game where it's survival. You have to look out for yourself. If someone uses TPA to get a kill on you, that's on you for being foolish enough to accept the tpa with items in your inventory you weren't okay with losing. If your base isn't protected from people getting in otherwise, that's on you too. I can blame the victim for this and I will, because the people that are killing you are just playing the game legally in ways that they have been told that they are allowed to. TPAing to someone and killing them is allowed. The owners have stated this.

You say that the current system creates distrust and divides the community.
    My response to this is that the community is constantly being divided anyways. You can be peaceful, but you gotta earn that shit with friendships, alliances, and smart decision making. Pissing people off gets you targeted, and you haven't really handled that very well.

FYI: I would never use TPA to kill someone and I am fully and entirely against an immunity being put in because it is 100% the victims fault for dying to any TPA related death. Make friends that you trust or deny those tps.

TLDR: Play smarter, understand the risks you take with each step, make better friends, and if you aren't willing to do so, this isn't the server for you. Simple as that.

Just my two cents here.

• Winner Winner x 2
  20. Bogdanoff

Bogdanoff VIP

Why would you need TPA to be protected? If you don't turst someone, you shouldn't TPA to them or let them TPA to you. It's your fault if you die to a TPA since you had to accept it.

• Agree Agree x 1