Toxic VC but nothing ever happens unless staff is told

Discussion in 'TTT Discussion' started by Jennacide, Mar 12, 2018.

1. Jennacide

Jennacide VIP

Just wanting to ask staff to stop letting "foul language"/"Racist comments" happen for tens of minutes on end, Yesterday there was a incident where people kept saying racial slurs, and after 20 mins, I have to ask the 2-3 mods that were online to get them to cease.

• Dumb x 6
    • Confusing x 2
    • Agree x 1
    • Funny x 1
    • Optimistic x 1
  2. Python~

Python~ Young Bard VIP Silver Emerald

Have you considered the possibility that - and bear with me here - they might just be joking? I know, crazy right.

Tho if players are constantly saying the n-word and whatnot, that's still not acceptable, and if they continue to do so without an admin intervening, may wanna consider reporting that staff member

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  3. Siddo

Siddo Banned VIP Bronze

Since I assume this was at least partially spurred on by recent events on Vanilla:

Staff will ordinarily intervene if 1) it is harassing in nature (e.g. slurs) or 2) it's spam (e.g. screaming down one's mic).
    We had a rather disruptive player on US Vanilla and we were keeping an ear out for him.
    He was warned privately before he was kicked and ultimately banned. This admittedly took a while longer than it should have, but hearing out what one guy is saying between 4 others, it takes a while. I was slightly preoccupied combing the logs so I missed some of the things he was saying, but as soon as I had evidence to enact protocol, he was given the appropriate punishment.

It's not that we don't intervene or listen, we're juggling multiple tasks so sometimes it might take a bit longer to handle something.
    If someone is being a bother, you still have the option of alerting us via admin chat just to ensure it'll be handled as soon as possible.

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. Daddy Nexxus

Daddy Nexxus Toxi-Fessional VIP

I apologize. We will stop obviously purposefully ignoring this behavior.

Just privately message mods or their admins in the future. Nobody does this on purpose.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. Toest

Toest "I am the bus" ~ Falcor, all the time VIP

Wait a second! PEOPLE WERE SWEARING ON MY CHRISTIAN GMOD SERVER?

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. ink

ink Genuine Happiness VIP Silver

I feel like this is passive aggressively referring to my staffing with @Smusha and @Juissi :D from when you sent that message in admin chat. We dealt with the players after the situation escalated to them calling each other slurs and spamming chat, to which they were dealt with according to the protocol, after the warn. The punishment might have taken just a bit longer than usual, but that's not to say it was let go of. However, you should realize that since we're a gaming community that's not Club Penguin, we don't stop foul language or racist comments. We stop harassment. In some cases those might not be different, but this is an important distinction because saying "fucking idiot" doesn't count as harassment in many contexts and we do not want to create a server where we police every little things, since this type of environment isn't fun to play on for a lot of people.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Xproplayer

Xproplayer VIP Silver

/me coughs petty

Anyways the fact is staff have a lot of stuff to pay attention to, reports, voice chat, regular chat, pm, admin chat, steam messages, discord, and they might be on staff discord voice training / working with another staff member. While it would be great for them to focus on certain things first its not always practical. If you notice something its best to let them know with a friendly admin chat message, and if you feel they are grossly neglecting the situation (unlikely) reecord a demo and speak privately with their admin.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. Toest

Toest "I am the bus" ~ Falcor, all the time VIP

• Winner Winner x 1
  9. Jennacide has a point about the racist language and harassment. Not all of us have recording software so it's nice to know that staff are on it when people are harassing players non-stop.

On the other hand, staff have responsibilities outside of the game and won't always be there to babysit players. You need to either mute the players, document the abuse and take it to the forums for it to be dealt with, because while convenient, the staff are there to enjoy the game too and are volunteers.