Accepted TOS / Information

Discussion in 'General Suggestions' started by Yellow, Dec 17, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fiz

Fiz local jihad pro VIP Bronze

if youre that worried abt it just dont go on the site bro

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. My Dime Is Up

My Dime Is Up Its my dime to code VIP

I'd like to see someone get around 2-step-verification; have fun wasting your time.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. Frost

Frost Frosted Pun King VIP

I swear some of you people are fucking thick headed, and have more skull than brain in your head.

Mods have barely ANY access to IPs [literally cannot be seen unless told, and that's not taught]

Worried about a hacking attack?? Then don't go on the internet. Any hacker can rip your IP, and find shitloads of information about you from playing with you on a GMod server, or from you perusing any other goddamn website you visit. Literally your banking information or credit card information is more liable to getting stolen, than your IP getting taken from here. If you're so damn worried, buy a fkn VPN

Here, I'll post some websites for you thick-headed morons.

https://nordvpn.com/social-promo/
    https://www.expressvpn.com/
    https://surfshark.com/

or literally just look up what are the best VPNs on google.

Quit your whining about something that's less likely to happen here

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Dumb Dumb x 2
  4. Yellow

Yellow VIP

Or you know, they could improve the site with player given feedback/concerns.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  5. Yellow

Yellow VIP

@Jabba the Jolly Slut

There have been multiple people expressing their concerns about this and most of them just want to reduce the risk of their IP getting leaked. Which can be easily done by disabling a feature that multiple ex-/moderators have said they didn't even know it existed/use. Why can't it just change? I understand that storing our IPs is useful for if you want to catch alters, which is why I/others didn't ask to stop collecting our IPs, we simply just want to reduce the amount of people who can access it.

I'd personally also like to see a Privacy Policy to see what information gets stored/used.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Dumb Dumb x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  6. Pokeben10

Pokeben10 tell me pretty lies Moderator VIP Silver

If you have 2FA enabled you likely have the option listed in the spoilers below enabled.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. eks dee

eks dee SGM editor in chief VIP Bronze

idk where to find that trusted devices thing, but it still asks me to put in my 2 step code whenever i log in, and then i refresh the page and it goes away

8. Cash

Cash I staff the proper way Banned VIP

Steam login only technically counts as 2fa yeah? Since you need to use a steam 2fa code & have no password

9. Pokeben10

Username at top right > Two-step verification > Trusted Devices (about half-way down)

10. eks dee

eks dee SGM editor in chief VIP Bronze

upload_2020-12-18_22-49-39.png
    i don't think i have the device trusted

Last edited: Dec 18, 2020
  11. Chad

Chad Banned VIP

Why did you hack us

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. Cash

Cash I staff the proper way Banned VIP

psure 2fa trusted devices is for app only

13. Frost

Frost Frosted Pun King VIP

14. Rico

Rico The Coolest Person! VIP Bronze

Well the way I see it, it isn't like everyone is just constantly looking at your ip. It's more or less only looked at if you go out of your way to do so. Most people probably don't care about your ip...

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. The point is that it’s a possibility a mod could save your IP and do shit with it. I’m not saying it’s gonna happen but there’s ways to make sure it can’t ie make it so only leads can see ip

16. Pokeben10

The most you're going to get out of this is restricting IP checking to admin+, which I would be fine with. There's just no way we could run the server smoothly if leads had to do all IP related bans and staffing.

17. That’s what I’ve been saying. I know it’s never going to be perfect and I get them needing ip. Making it so only leads and normal admins have access is the best they can do

• Like Like x 1
  18. RyanHymenman

RyanHymenman Conscript the women and kids Administrator VIP Silver

Bottom line: Putting a Privacy Policy is 100% up to @Highwon . Restricting access of IP's is also probably a lead admin and Highwon decision. Maybe its something that will be brought up at the next leadership meeting, idk. There are valid concerns on both sides. Like Poke said, there is no way Admins will be restricted from this.

Having your IP used against you as a weapon for Doxxing is a very legitimate concern. But if it worries you that much, please invest in a VPN rather than relying on every website and forum you use to protect you 100%. If this changes, it for sure wont happen overnight. There is more than just flicking a switch to do some of this.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
  19. Robyn

Robyn Floof Moderator VIP Silver

Then thanks for not reporting me :)

Oh btw, +1 to the idea of restricting ip access from mods. I can obviously confirm I had access to it.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  20. Pokeben10

Except you didn’t actually do anything with our IPs (that I know of).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.